• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

Just now, macdaddy said:

Great return.  I mean Jami wanted a shake. 

Jami also said she wanted a night with Supes but Tony and Nick refused and settled on the upgrading the shake from small to large. Seems like a win win. Ain't that right, Jeanie

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm really more interested in whether people think OKC may make more moves right now.  Hayward is an expiring contract and UFA.  They can absolutely keep him if they want at a much lower price than his current salary.  I was more interested in the idea of whether they are done now or open to using one or more of the many assets they have to add to the team for a run this season.

I think OKC has a clear need mor front court depth.  CC may not be the right fit for them but if I am the Hawks I would definitely explore something.  

Just now, Packfill said:

I think OKC has a clear need mor front court depth.  CC may not be the right fit for them but if I am the Hawks I would definitely explore something.  

What a beast OKC can become… great cost-controlled players and a ton of picks.  Fortunate 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

you a Knicks fan? I’m glad that dumpster team ain’t sending us their trash

Nope.  [Talk basketball not posters. - AHF]

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Wish we could have moved Hunter and AJ for impact players now but it is what it is.

I think Bey and Aj may really be on the blocks.   It's what makes sense vs... the puppet mastery. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Nope.  [Talk basketball not posters. - AHF]

I wasn't talking about Poster AHF!!!  I was talking about media insiders...  Could we turn the settings down a bit??

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I think Bey and Aj may really be on the blocks.   It's what makes sense vs... the puppet mastery. 

Yep.   Hawks need to hold if all they can get is garbage returns.  If they don't intend to resign Bey at his expected market value or no longer have any intention of playing AJ, then they should be testing the market and moving them for a fair return.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I wasn't talking about Poster AHF!!!  I was talking about media insiders...  Could we turn the settings down a bit??

Thanks for the clarification.  Make it easy on the moderators and use "media insiders" when you bash people because "insiders" on this board usually refers to a group of posters and is likely to get read that way.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ABH said:

I LIKE OUT CORE !! WE GOT THIS

I am getting less optimistic about this "core."  This team had that one nice run when Nate took over but has otherwise been mediocre at best since..  They pushed a lot of chips onto the table with the DJM trade and don't have much to show for that - and they have already tried a coaching change.

I am of the view currently that they need to shake things up.  I hope to be proven wrong on that but the results speak for themselves.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Yep.   Hawks need to hold if all they can get is garbage returns.  If they don't intend to resign Bey at his expected market value or no longer have any intention of playing AJ, then they should be testing the market and moving them for a fair return.

I have no faith that Quin will ever play Aj and I think that AJ has great potential.    I hate this situation.  However, I will hate it more when AJ goes to another team and blows up.   Then all the Christian this, Christian that, and other arguments that have been hurled at AJ will have to be renounced.   He's only what 19?

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Thanks for the clarification.  Make it easy on the moderators and use "media insiders" when you bash people because "insiders" on this board usually refers to a group of posters and is likely to get read that way.

By now, you know that I like to call people by name around here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Time will tell.  Sometimes the best move is not making a bad move.  Assuming we do nothing more than shuffle the chairs on the deck, all I would be able to say is that Fields (like most GMs) wasn't able to negotiate a deal that was favorable for us and ended up sitting out the deadline rather than making a bad deal.  That wouldn't be the wors thing in the world.

Yes, perhaps but it's also no coincidence that more notable GMs like Presti, Ainge and Stevens manage to get deals done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yes, perhaps but it's also no coincidence that more notable GMs like Presti, Ainge and Stevens manage to get deals done.

What's interesting is between those 3 GM's you mentioned only 1 has won 1 championship

Morey hasn't and Masai kinda lucked his way into one

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Packfill said:

I am getting less optimistic about this "core."  This team had that one nice run when Nate took over but has otherwise been mediocre at best since..  They pushed a lot of chips onto the table with the DJM trade and don't have much to show for that - and they have already tried a coaching change.

I am of the view currently that they need to shake things up.  I hope to be proven wrong on that but the results speak for themselves.

I think it's a bevy of things that must be considered.

1. Injuries.

Without the Injuries, we'd be over .500 in my opinion.   JJ missing what 9 games and Hunter missing 19 and Clint missing about 4.. is what has us where we are.   We are a very tight team.  We are really tight because we don't have good depth.  Every judgement of this team is us when we lose missing starters.   Last night, we were down 2 starters.   Had they played, we may have won that game.   The same is true against the Clipps.   That's the problem... we have just played 2 of the best 3 teams in the league and we were right there and we were missing starters and had key players on minute restrictions.   The context is never given though.. it goes down as a loss.   They say Boston is the best defensive team in the Land..  We scored on them easily in the 1st half.  We missed DJ in the second half after Trae was injured. 

1. New System

We have to learn Quin's system and then we have to trust it.   That's going to take time.   You see it on the court.   We just don't have the trust.   We sometimes still revert back to whatever Nate had us doing.   The good news is that there's less reversion. 

1. BBIQ

Some of our players just lack it.   I'm not pointing fingers yet but we have some players that Need Trae to run a heliocentric offense for them to be important.  And some who are just clueless on defense. 

Once we deal with this correctly.. through minor trades..and time and healthy.. we will be top 4 in the East. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Let's be honest.  AJ isn't going to blow up.   The fear of him blowing up shouldn't be a reason not to trade him.  Could he be a good player and great shooter in the league.  Definitely.  But he most likely isn't going to be a star.   How many good shooting 6'6" wings are in this league?  A lot.  They have to do something else to get to a star level player.  

Nothing against AJ.  I'd love to have him back out there.  But we shouldn't hold on to him for no reason. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

So also for clarification...don't name names or don't call people names? Attack the post. I think that's it right?

• Haha 2