• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

our FO is not dumb. I have to repeat that. The biggest problem we have is Messy Ressy. No FO can overcome a cheap, meddlesome owner.

I've heard that he's going to go for the LT this summer and is willing to pay it so we'll see.

I'm sure he will if he acquire another star player.  That's usually the impetus and I truly think he was ready to if we landed Siakam this past offseason.  So if we somehow end up with one of KAT, Ingram, Zion, or whoever, I imagine he'll spend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ABH said:

If you not playing AJ or Kobe move them..Quinn don't wanna play young guys but that's the way they learn..look at JJ...Nate refused to play

My hope is KB will play after today and Mills/Mathews run was all for trade value.

• Premium Member
Just now, ABH said:

If you not playing AJ or Kobe move them..Quinn don't wanna play young guys but that's the way they learn..look at JJ...Nate refused to play

The alternate perspective here is "look at JJ and how well he's doing because he spent time developing in the G league".  He would not have looked nearly this good if he played for the Hawks all last season.  "Lost" is an understatement for how he was looking on defense last year

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm sure he will if he acquire another star player.  That's usually the impetus and I truly think he was ready to if we landed Siakam this past offseason.  So if we somehow end up with one of KAT, Ingram, Zion, or whoever, I imagine he'll spend.

So no spending then i guess.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

our FO is not dumb. I have to repeat that. The biggest problem we have is Messy Ressy. No FO can overcome a cheap, meddlesome owner.

I've heard that he's going to go for the LT this summer and is willing to pay it so we'll see.

Soth...much respect, but how much bs is going to be piled on before we realize this set up as is...is below average? The competency level is questionable to us because of the information you and others have shared.  It's like they've fumbled the bag over and over.  If Ressler is meddling what gives you confidence that the FO will be able to come to life this summer?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JeffS17 said:

The alternate perspective here is "look at JJ and how well he's doing because he spent time developing in the G league".  He would not have looked nearly this good if he played for the Hawks all last season.  "Lost" is an understatement for how he was looking on defense last year

agree on Kobe not so much on AJ.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Hawks are more than willing to do Dejounte for Dyson and Picks. Griffin is asking for a center upgrade in process 

well I'm glad David got greedy and hopefully our FO doesn't accept trash. 

Not that Dyson is trash -- I like him. But compared to DJ, he's far below.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Pistons are waiving KIllian Hayes..

Ok who was it that loved him pre-draft? lol

Holy sh!t really...?  Wow...  Yeah, Hayes was I guy that I liked, but he wasn't my overall pick in 2020.  Lamelo is who I wanted and was hoping we'd trade up for.  My second option was trading out of the draft or down for Nesmith.

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yes he would have...

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, deester11 said:

Soth...much respect, but how much bs is going to be piled on before we realize this set up as is...is below average? The competency level is questionable to us because of the information you and others have shared.  It's like they've fumbled the bag over and over.  If Ressler is meddling what gives you confidence that the FO will be able to come to life this summer?

Because making trades in the summer is a thousand times easier to do than during in season. Teams are more willing to move players/picks and pick a path for their franchise in the short and long term.

For instance, the TWolves can't keep KAT past this season. They just can't. No team is going to go into the 2nd apron level so KAT has to go. We want to trade for him as do the Knicks and other teams.

If Ressler is serious about paying the LT it means our FO will not be forced to trade players for nothing. It means we can actually add to the roster instead of trimming it. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I was once like you, believing the 'I'm not afraid to pay the tax' moniker.  Don't worry - you'll get there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3