• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've been watching the 2024 NBA Draft class and it's been... weaker than usual

NBASupes

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's his age and upside. You know teams in the top 10 want a star but if he's a top 5-7 SG in his 2nd season, why pass on him

The guy just seems like he's tailor made for Quin Snyder's offense.  

• Like 2

I’m trying to see what the difference is in Knect from say, Bogi.

Are you guys looking at him and getting Tyler Herro vibes?

I see a floor of Huerter, with Knect playing naturally more aggressively.

He has Bogi’s size and willingness to post, combined with Herro’s attacking mindset. His pace of play is Bogi esque. 

Both comp’s are gunners from the outside. Those are his ceiling comps if you ask me. Going to depend on role at the next level and if he gets the touches to thrive.

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

He has Bogi’s size and willingness to post, combined with Herro’s attacking mindset. His pace of play is Bogi esque. 

Both comp’s are gunners from the outside. Those are his ceiling comps if you ask me. Going to depend on role at the next level and if he gets the touches to thrive.

His size is bigger than Bogi and Herro. He's not as skilled as Herro and he doesn't have the feel like Bogi but his functional athleticism offensive is much better than both. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If NBA scouts don't think that Dalton Knecht is a top 7 player in this draft, they need to find a new hobby.

He has a NBA ready game that could instantly make him a rotation player from Day 1.

Can score at all levels. Can spot up shoot from 25+ feet. Can drive to the basket with ferocity. And he can take and make difficult shots.

They're going to use his age against him and pass him up. If he's there at 10 - 14, Landry bet not pass him up.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It's his age and upside. You know teams in the top 10 want a star but if he's a top 5-7 SG in his 2nd season, why pass on him

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

The guy just seems like he's tailor made for Quin Snyder's offense.  

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

What is his defense like?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The big difference is athleticism. He's much more athletic than Bogi.

He's also a much better shooter/scorer than Herro was in college.

I'm not expecting him to be anywhere near 10, once the NCAA tourney is over.

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The big difference is athleticism. He's much more athletic than Bogi.

He's also a much better shooter/scorer than Herro was in college.

I'm not expecting him to be anywhere near 10, once the NCAA tourney is over.

Idk about better shooter than Herro. Scorer, I've give you but they are nearly the same age right now

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Idk about better shooter than Herro. Scorer, I've give you but they are nearly the same age right now

Kind of need to compare Knecht as a freshman to Herro if you want to compare their college numbers.  A senior vs a freshman isn’t all that useful for projecting peak.

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Kind of need to compare Knecht as a freshman to Herro if you want to compare their college numbers.  A senior vs a freshman isn’t all that useful for projecting peak.

I think it’s useful if you want to project their projected impact in their first year or two in the league. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I think it’s useful if you want to project their projected impact in their first year or two in the league. 

I don’t think comparing senior to freshman is useful for that.  It is kind of saying “the senior was better than X as a freshman and look how good the freshman was in the NBA” when 19 year olds who are great picks frequently have massive developments that seem unwise to project on a senior.  Just looking at Knecht and comparing him against Herro now would be more useful, imo.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I don’t think comparing senior to freshman is useful for that.  It is kind of saying “the senior was better than X as a freshman and look how good the freshman was in the NBA” when 19 year olds who are great picks frequently have massive developments that seem unwise to project on a senior.  Just looking at Knecht and comparing him against Herro now would be more useful, imo.

Even comparing him to Herro now, Herro better but Herro doesn't really have a defensive position and he's making 130 mil. Knecht will making late lottery money

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If we draft Knecht at 9 or 10, does he crack the rotation in year 1?

If no, then Quin needs to be fired.

You don't draft Knecht unless you are ready to play him right away.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If we draft Knecht at 9 or 10, does he crack the rotation in year 1?

If no, then Quin needs to be fired.

Yeah. He does since he can play the 3. The question is, do you want him as a 3. He's undersized as a 3 at 6'6 215

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah. He does since he can play the 3. The question is, do you want him as a 3. He's undersized as a 3 at 6'6 215

I would want him as a 2.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I would want him as a 2.

Like wise. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Like wise. 

There is no NBA ready SF outside of Risacher in this draft.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's unlikely that Risacher is ready.  

Unready to be a starter, or unready to be a rotational player?

I wouldn’t expect any player to be an immediate starter from this draft, but I could see some being rotational players at least by New Years next year if not sooner. Some, not all.