• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Quin is FAILING the Hawks . . Landry too!

TheNorthCydeRises

Still waiting on our draft picks from last summer.  They have some size and talent.  Injuries have slowed them.

Seth Lundy - 6'4" - Finally gets to play, then immediately gets injured.  Hope it's not bad.

Kobe Bufkin - 6'5" - Gone to the Skyhawks to remove the rust after recovering from broke thumb.

M. Gueye - 6'10" - Still only doing light stuff after suffering a broken bone in his back.  

Can't blame our young GM for the injuries and his draft picks not getting to play.  Other NBA teams have rookies playing well.  Hawks have starters out with injuries.  AJ Griffin, out, personal reasons.  Fate has really worked on this team this season.  

:ahf:

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, macdaddy said:

This season is a disaster so far.  There's signs that Quin knows what he's doing but lacks the talent to do it.  Lacks a lot of talent.  

I give Quinn the benefit of the doubt but the truth is we should have taken Udoka.  Quinn's refusal to stick with a big lineup that works when were being beaten to death on the boards is troubling.  His overall substitution patterns brings questions.   What I mean is a guy gets hot and next thing you know, Quinn is pulling him.   I can't say that he knows what he's doing... at this moment.  I can't blame the talent at this moment... because we have talent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

I give Quinn the benefit of the doubt but the truth is we should have taken Udoka.  Quinn's refusal to stick with a big lineup that works when were being beaten to death on the boards is troubling.  His overall substitution patterns brings questions.   What I mean is a guy gets hot and next thing you know, Quinn is pulling him.   I can't say that he knows what he's doing... at this moment.  I can't blame the talent at this moment... because we have talent. 

At the very least, there is a culture being set in HOU.  Here?  Still in flux.. 

1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

We said the same thing about Cam. 

Oof! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

giphy.gif

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Diesel said:

This is the complaint with every coach we've ever had.  No one notices when rotations work.

We don't have talent. 

• Wes Matthews is toast. 
  • Garrison Mathews doesn't belong in the NBA. 
  • Trent Forrerst (who i actually like) isn't an nba rotation player. 
  • We have no backup PF. 
  • We have too much money in the center position relative to performance. 
  • We have one SF who can't play offense and one that can't play defense. 
  • We don't have a single shooting guard on the roster who's a plus defender. 

The thing is almost everyone saw that we were going into the season with a shaky at best frontcourt.  What's happening now was predicted.   We hoped we could hang on until trades could be made.  That's what we are still hoping.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We hoped we could hang on until trades could be made.  That's what we are still hoping.

Hopes and Dreams, my friend. Hopes and Dreams. That's what Messy Ressy is selling the fan base.

Do I think he wants to win? Sure. My bigger question is how much? I think he's hoping to catch lightening in a bottle for a 2nd time like we did the 2020-21 season with an under the Tax team.

Going into the season it was to 'avoid the play-in', and if we were look for changes - no shit sherlock. Stop fielding a team that's 20 yards off the pace to begin the season and expect a miracle.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

This is the complaint with every coach we've ever had.  No one notices when rotations work.

We don't have talent. 

• Wes Matthews is toast. 
  • Garrison Mathews doesn't belong in the NBA. 
  • Trent Forrerst (who i actually like) isn't an nba rotation player. 
  • We have no backup PF. 
  • We have too much money in the center position relative to performance. 
  • We have one SF who can't play offense and one that can't play defense. 
  • We don't have a single shooting guard on the roster who's a plus defender. 

The thing is almost everyone saw that we were going into the season with a shaky at best frontcourt.  What's happening now was predicted.   We hoped we could hang on until trades could be made.  That's what we are still hoping.

1.  We Matthews is toast...  AGREED.

2.  Trent isn't a nba rotation player.   You aren't one until you are one. 

3.  Garrison Mathews doesn't belong in the NBA.   - Kinda Agree. 

4.  We have no BU PF.   Nawl..  The PF position is changing.   In the "Modern NBA" you don't have to be a bruiser anymore.   Guys like JJ and Hunter can easily be flipped to the PF position because they have good size.  Bey too, since he's been in the weight room.  We have also put OO there.  So our PF/SF position is an amalgamation.

5.  We have too much money in the C position for the output.   Nawl.  Total disagree.   With Clint and OO, we have tied up 28.7 Million dollars.   Brook Lopez and Bobby Portis is 36.7 million dollars just for grins. 

6.  One Sf who can't play offense and one who can't play defense.  Somewhat True.  However, I think that uninjured, Hunter can be a good 2 way player. I am not bowled over by either's defense but if we can get effort from Dre that we get from Bey, we'd have a very good player. 

7.  We don't have a SG who is a Single + Defender.   I don't even get into Box Plus minus because I really don't believe it's good for evaluating players.  See Haliburton -503 career numbers for a reference.   I do recognize that we're not getting great defense from Bogi or DJ... but we're getting great offense from both.   Defense is both point of attack and team defense.   I believe that DJ would be better if he were backed up by good defenders.  Overally, our 3,4,and 5s have failed us on defense. 

But we still have talent.   You mentioned specific flaws in this team.  None of those flaws speaks against the talent. 

• Bogi - 6th man of the year. 
  • DJ - 20/5/6 player. 
  • JJ - Most improved player candidate. 
  • Clint - Still putting up good nimbers. 
  • Trae - Franchise player. 

Where we have issues is the last few drafts.  Namely OO and AJ.   They are at a point where we have to start to think about getting something good from there... and Since Bey was in OO's draft class, Bey too.   I have to believe that part of the plan was to have AJ come along and help sure up that Sf spot.  Since it's an amalgamation anyway...

• Bey/AJ
  • JJ/Dre

was probably the 3/4 plan.  With 4 guys who were interchangeable. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

2.  Trent isn't a nba rotation player.   You aren't one until you are one. 

Trent can't shoot a lick.  I like the guy but he can't be anywhere near a team's top 9.  He's 25 years old and in his 5 year.  

4.  We have no BU PF.   Nawl..  The PF position is changing.   In the "Modern NBA" you don't have to be a bruiser anymore.   Guys like JJ and Hunter can easily be flipped to the PF position because they have good size.  Bey too, since he's been in the weight room.  We have also put OO there.  So our PF/SF position is an amalgamation.

I think the word you're looking for is 'abomination'.  If JJ breaks out then we have a chance but otherwise we're just sunk if our 3,4,5 rotation is what it has been.  Hunter/Bey/OO/Cap is a frontcourt that has no ability to get their own buckets and weak D and rebounding as a group.   That's not playoff material

5.  We have too much money in the C position for the output.   Nawl.  Total disagree.   With Clint and OO, we have tied up 28.7 Million dollars.   Brook Lopez and Bobby Portis is 36.7 million dollars just for grins. 

I mean...who's the better duo?  

6.  One Sf who can't play offense and one who can't play defense.  Somewhat True.  However, I think that uninjured, Hunter can be a good 2 way player. I am not bowled over by either's defense but if we can get effort from Dre that we get from Bey, we'd have a very good player. 

if's.  We have to face reality that Hunter looks good because the rest of the team is so bad at D.   Not saying he's bad but as a complete player he's proven not to be one.  Mainly because he can't dribble and has no court vision or motor.  That's an important position to have those weaknesses.  With a dominant offensive big then it wouldn't matter but it does.  Bey is a good player off the bench. 

• Bogi - 6th man of the year. 
    • DJ - 20/5/6 player. 
    • JJ - Most improved player candidate. 
    • Clint - Still putting up good nimbers. 
    • Trae - Franchise player. 

Those are good bright spots.  DJ's stats look good but he's not making a difference in crunch time.  Jury is still out unfortunately on JJ but yeah he looks good.  But those things aren't enough obviously. 

Just having a back court that racks up points and a center that collects a lot of missed shots doesn't make a good team.   I guess i could have again just typed that our frontcourt sucks, despite JJ having a good year. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Trent can't shoot a lick.  I like the guy but he can't be anywhere near a team's top 9.  He's 25 years old and in his 5 year.  

I think the word you're looking for is 'abomination'.  If JJ breaks out then we have a chance but otherwise we're just sunk if our 3,4,5 rotation is what it has been.  Hunter/Bey/OO/Cap is a frontcourt that has no ability to get their own buckets and weak D and rebounding as a group.   That's not playoff material

I mean...who's the better duo?  

if's.  We have to face reality that Hunter looks good because the rest of the team is so bad at D.   Not saying he's bad but as a complete player he's proven not to be one.  Mainly because he can't dribble and has no court vision or motor.  That's an important position to have those weaknesses.  With a dominant offensive big then it wouldn't matter but it does.  Bey is a good player off the bench. 

• Those are good bright spots.  DJ's stats look good but he's not making a difference in crunch time.  Jury is still out unfortunately on JJ but yeah he looks good.  But those things aren't enough obviously. 

Just having a back court that racks up points and a center that collects a lot of missed shots doesn't make a good team.   I guess i could have again just typed that our frontcourt sucks, despite JJ having a good year. 

There again, I said that our 3/4/5 position  were our weakness.   There's no disagreement there.   I do believe that JJ will step up.   I don't know about OO and Dre though.  Right now, Bey is what he is...effort off the bench.  It doesn't lead me to the conclusion that everything must be thrown away.   We need a tweak and not a makeover. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

There again, I said that our 3/4/5 position  were our weakness.   There's no disagreement there.   I do believe that JJ will step up.   I don't know about OO and Dre though.  Right now, Bey is what he is...effort off the bench.  It doesn't lead me to the conclusion that everything must be thrown away.   We need a tweak and not a makeover. 

Yeah that's funny.  we're kind of in agreement.  I think the right legit NBA role players would make this team a low seed playoff team this year.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah that's funny.  we're kind of in agreement.  I think the right legit NBA role players would make this team a low seed playoff team this year.  

Maybe a low seed playoff team, but if we get it together, we could be a strong playoff team.

I think some fans fear us getting it together enough to go to the ECF because deep in their hearts they know if we do, there will be no trades made. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Quinn needs to change out his red glasses, similar to how Arthur Smith cut his beard.

Something to get rid of this funk.

If Quin showed up at the next game wearing Yellow Glasses...  That would do it for me. 

• Haha 2