• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jalen Johnson reminds me an awful lot of..

Spud2nique

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I agree with the smarter-Josh Smith comp.Ā  But I also think Smoove was better than folks admit he was.Ā  Had clear flaws but wasn't trash like people like to suggest he was.Ā 

He was really good at his peak and could have been so much better had he played to try to emphasize his strengths and hide his weaknesses instead of doing the exact opposite.Ā  As a home grown guy who legitimately loved the Hawks and had a ton of tools and potential it still makes me sad that he couldn't be his best self in Atlanta and play out his career here.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not there defensively mainly because he's bigger, which makes him different.

Agreed. Defensively Pippen was better able to move around but watching JJ on D, he seems alert as heck when heā€™s defending and he gets his hands on a lotta ball šŸ€ šŸ¤­ and it gets us in transition. But ya JJ is bigger and I always saw him as a PF, but if heā€™s as agile as he seems and handles the rock well and gets dimes, can her guard SFā€™s around the league? If so, can we plug šŸ”Œ him in at the 3 and run big up front with CC and OO?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I can't compare them defensively at this point in their career.Ā  JJ has a long way to go to get there which speaks more to the fact that Pippen was an all-time great on that side of the ball.

True, I was just squinting like @kg01Ā and I said wait a sec, this attack of the rim with ferocity reminds me of a raw younger 1988/89 Pipp possibly, the one under Doug Collins.Ā 
Ā 

But agreed, Pippen ended up a top denfender of all time for sure. Itā€™s weird though I remember Nique always getting points on Pipp in Atlanta but not so much on the road, the one dude during that era that I hated facing for Nique was obviously Rodman on the Pistons. I recall getting the early newspaper šŸ—žļø for $.25 at the time (get off my lawn) and checking the boxscores and seeing Nique get like 18 or 20 points as compared to his usual 30ā€™s. I digress.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

and others who saw this dude different

You mean literally everyone else on this board besides ya hater self? šŸ˜›Ā 

• Haha 2

Pippen is an alcoholic who has lost half his mind.

Can we use another comp for JJ?

Smooveā€™s natural shot blocking prowess makes him a tough comp for me as well. I think JJ is a better ball handler as well. Very equal otherwise.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, akay said:

šŸ˜” HEY UUUU!!! GET BACK HERE šŸƒā€ā™€ļøĀ 

Ā 

@akayĀ just run by fruited me!!!

image.gif.2fd61594d7866aedfff07c7d30b833ee.gif

1 hour ago, akay said:

Ā 

Ā 

image.gif.ffb0af87588d8de3f74bc799d42638f6.gif

• Haha 3

Josh Smith, not close to as talented or athletic as young Smoove but smarter and far less flawed. Both fit that tweener mode to a T.Ā 

People really forget how love Smoove was on this site. Posters thinking he was the next Nique and ignoring his flaws with I couldn't stand due to his strengths. What was crazy about Smoove was he was good for 5 highlights a game in his prime but also good for as many lowlights a game.Ā 

On 1/4/2024 at 5:32 PM, Spud2nique said:

Scottie Pippen.

No joke. The methodical way he moves motion to motion but in such a clean šŸ§¼ fundamental motion. Very tight with his game.
Ā 

Heā€™s like a 5 tool player in baseball āš¾ļø.

Ā 

Rebounds

PASSING

blocksĀ 

stealsĀ 

Ā 

His only weakness is the 3 thatā€™s not fully set or even the 3 in general but even those last game he nailed a couple.Ā 
Ā 

@kg01Ā I remember you comparing Cam Reddish to Pipp and folks agreeing. How bout this comparison from his former doubter Spud, whoā€™s fully on board now?..Ā 

So much so he made this thread šŸ§µ..

Ā šŸ˜•Ā 

Ā 

His defense is miles away from Iggy at the same stage, much less a young Pippen. That's probably the most massive difference. Goodness, he's not even in the same discussion on that end.Ā 

My guess is this comp really comes from his elite open court abilities which Pip had but so did young and prime Ben Simmons have.Ā 

I see Josh Smith to a degree the most. Josh wasn't the open court monster JJ was due to his ball handling issues but in most other areas, these two compare favorbly at the same stage. Smoove maybe a tad ahead due to the talent and athleticism curve.Ā 

Edited by NBASupes

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

image.gif.ffb0af87588d8de3f74bc799d42638f6.gif

Haha, @akayĀ gotchu with a cantaloupe!

Shots fired *pew* *pew*

Squd down!Ā  Squd down!Ā 

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

cantaloupe

A kumquat or in Aussie English a ā€œcumquatsā€ šŸ¤Ø.. bastard took the time in picking a symbolic fruit to hurl.Ā 
Ā 

:huh:
Ā 

Go Hawks!Ā 
Ā 

@deester11Ā hereā€™s a melon šŸˆ for the attack you may endure soon from Supes.

Ā 

Good luck!Ā 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

A kumquat or in Aussie English a ā€œcumquatsā€ šŸ¤Ø.. bastard took the time in picking a symbolic fruit to hurl.Ā 
Ā 

:huh:
Ā 

Go Hawks!Ā 
Ā 

@deester11Ā hereā€™s a melon šŸˆ for the attack you may endure soon from Supes.

Ā 

Good luck!Ā 

I'll take the melon. Ā It's gonna be needed for sure!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, deester11 said:

I'll take the melon. Ā It's gonna be needed for sure!

Motorbike šŸļø dude is my dealer too homeboy whips around town wit da quickness!

image.gif.5d8e491fab16350b5725c7c441d7f695.gif

• Haha 1

I know of no other basketball player that runs up and down the court on his tippy toes other than Jalen Johnson.Ā  Other than that, dude is a Allstar in the making, tippy toes or not.

He even hugs on his tippy toes, lmao

6596265086ba2.image.jpg?resize=400,267