• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any thoughts about who to draft this summer?

Gray Mule

Who?  What position?  We assume that our draft picks will be big boys and no guards.

I recently watched a film on a Capela clone.  Great defense.  Not a great shooter.  But he is a 7-foot center.  He's Yves Missi and he plays for Balor.

While the NBA hits "pause" for the all-star week, perhaps we can ponder on the next draft class.  Big men appear to be the most popular players in this draft and Atlanta could use some size.  Please share your thoughts here.  Perhaps your favorite?

Yep.  I believe we have two coming our way.

:smug:

• Like 1

Generally for this team I would lean towards a more experienced college prospect that can step in immediately to a bench role. 

Assuming they are not resigning Bey (due to cap considerations) has to be a big like Filipowski (though he is probably long gone before the Hawks pick) or a big wing that can play defense (because we cannot rely on Hunter as the only big wing defender as we have learned this year).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ryan Dunn is probably the top target for our 2nd 1st. He's flawed but we need a stud defensive guy extremely bad

BPA on first 1st. Reed Sheppard is my top prospect. 

Kentucky players have an excellent record on transferring their skills to the pro level as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Ryan Dunn is probably the top target for our 2nd 1st. He's flawed but we need a stud defensive guy extremely bad

BPA on first 1st. Reed Sheppard is my top prospect. 

Reed is good but unless there are some trades this summer he duplicates what the team already has (offensive oriented combo guards).

• Like 1

I don’t expect them to own two picks on draft night but as is I would expect one pick to be used on a big and the other on a wing. If they move a pick it’ll be BPA among the two position groups. If I had to put a name right now I’d say Flip is being looked at hard 

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1