• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young: A Misunderstood Superstar

AHawks89

https://youtu.be/ka2GiqJbuxQ?feature=shared

I apologize that I am unable to embed this video. This guy did a really good break down on Trae. I feel bad as an Atlanta fan. This is the guy we always wanted after years complaining that we NEED that call or us yelling at the TV because this player gets this call or that we need a bonafide scorer, but now that we have him and people seem to be unappreciative. Thoughts? I've been off the squawk for a few years now so I am basing everything off my own opinion. Would love to catch up and hear peoples opinions. 

BTW, ITS BASEBALL SEASON! GO BRAVES! 

Edited by AHawks89
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

https://youtu.be/ka2GiqJbuxQ?feature=shared

I apologize that I am unable to embed this video. This guy did a really good break down on Trae. I feel bad as an Atlanta fan. This is the guy we always wanted after years complaining that we NEED that call or us yelling at the TV because this player gets this call or that we need a bonafide scorer, but now that we have him and people seem to be unappreciative. Thoughts? I've been off the squawk for a few years now so I am basing everything off my own opinion. Would love to catch up and hear peoples opinions. 

BTW, ITS BASEBALL SEASON! GO BRAVES! 

Doesn't impact winning

Peoriabird, we already know that your position about Trae and it is understandable.

My take about this is that Trae is not perfect but there are not too many players that can produce 25/10 every year and even if we do traded Trae, there is no guarantee that this team will get better without him (even you can use this time that Trae was injured, at that time most of the playoff field has been established and teams that is tanking for that number one pick).  

To me, unless they get a deal that is going to help this team in the future, I will not pull the trigger on a Trae or Murrary deal.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NekiEcko said:

Peoriabird, we already know that your position about Trae and it is understandable.

My take about this is that Trae is not perfect but there are not too many players that can produce 25/10 every year and even if we do traded Trae, there is no guarantee that this team will get better without him (even you can use this time that Trae was injured, at that time most of the playoff field has been established and teams that is tanking for that number one pick).  

To me, unless they get a deal that is going to help this team in the future, I will not pull the trigger on a Trae or Murrary deal.

25/10 at the expense of others doesn't win a lot of games for you. plus his salary slot is worth a lot.  Murray isn't a great passer and doesn't run the offense like a traditional point guard but his over all play may be equal or exceed Young's based on defense alone.  This won't be an easy decision but those 2 have to be split up period.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Let me repeat what Garrison Mathews said about the offense and defense:

5. Coach Quin - he is so smart, he remembers everything, very detail oriented. The stuff he has them doing on offense and defense took sometime to implement his style of play with his guys. It's a really good offense and defense and it's taken a little bit to really buy in and to really grasp what they are doing. He thinks they are finally starting to grasp and understand it. He is One-Of-A-Kind. Quins biggest thing is he puts/gives everyone confidence. 

https://omny.fm/shows/dukes-bell/garrison-mathews-joins-the-show-after-another-huge

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

"Ah nevermimd what an actual player says, I know moar than them.  All tha problems is one dudes fault.  Nevermind the whole taking the team as far in the playoffs theyve ever been.  He dont impact winnin so, in my mind, all that winnin dont count." - ykw

ykw: "I red on the internets that he don't make anyone better and don't impact winnin so it must be true."

kg: "you just red what you posted yesterday"

ykw: "DUH. On the internets..."

kg: 🤔🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Just for clarity, we can share a tweet from the Hawks best writer but “dummie” is not something we call other posters here.  Sorry if that is glaringly obvious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

Just for clarity, we can share a tweet from the Hawks best writer but “dummie” is not something we call other posters here.  Sorry if that is glaringly obvious.

He has no argument so he has to resort to insult. If he had one, the thread would be full of number that vaguely support his stance but he can't produce a single stat in support of his long standing belief that Trae young is vital to the Hawks success.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Guess we need to talk to Glenn Willis about his tweets.  I'm just glad this is a debate, it's way better than should we trade DJM for a mid first round pick or some other team's scraps. 

Interesting turn of events in the past ten games in our favor.  The King's pick may become more of an asset in the 2025 draft.  Lots of possibilities to close out the season during the Play In.  Trae and Embiid coming back.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

He has no argument so he has to resort to insult. If he had one, the thread would be full of number that vaguely support his stance but he can't produce a single stat in support of his long standing belief that Trae young is vital to the Hawks success.

Glen has plenty of data and stats to support his point. If you don't like them, take them up with him instead of whining about it here. LOL