• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

21 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

@NBASupes this you?

This is honestly the best pick if we could keep Trae but it's a massive reach at 1st overall. Massive reach unless Edey just kills it at the combine next week and makes it clear, that you gotta take him 1st overall to pair with Trae but Atlanta is not doing that. Sarr is someone they are VERY high on. This is what I know and while they liked Edey, he wasn't even a lock at 10 yet, in fact, they were looking at guards the most at 10 like Reed who they really liked.  

Atlanta is really locked in with OTE and Sarr is someone they been coveting. If they don't take Sarr at #1. Color me shocked. 

6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Draymond is a defensive anchor and never was the offensive threat… just literally off the top of my head.. there are so many important defensive players that were stars and didn’t have the scoring load.. 

Pistons anyone?

what are the bulls without Rodman

You want dominant defensive champions or a scoring 4 or 5… tell me which one you want in the finals

And none of those guys were taken number one overall, none even close. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Tyson Chandler was pick #2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Doesn’t matter.. they were key parts of championship teams.

defense wins championships but people worry about the #1 pick scoring enough..

I can keep going

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hindsight is 20/20. All these guys easily go top 5 in a redraft. Go look at Rodman’s draft. Damn well might go #1.

So in a draft with below average offensive talent, why not take an elite defender?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Tyson Chandler was pick #2.

Also Tristan was taken #4 in a draft with Kyrie (obvious)… then Derrick Williams (draft profile literally says he has wavering intensity on the defensive end, and Kanter (who had limited position flexibility and draft profiles called called out his defensive failures

-This lack of experience shows up first and foremost on the defensive end, where Kanter was incredibly ineffective in the film we watched. His fundamentals, instincts and positioning leave a lot to be desired. He can often be found standing straight up in the paint with his arms down, putting in little to no effort. He rarely boxes out his opponent and generally looks disinterested in anything that has to do with defense. He rarely bends his knees and often fails to get back in transition--doing very little to protect the paint when he does. - Source:” https://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Enes-Kanter-5168/©DraftExpress

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Wasnt Ben Simmons taken at one?

Either way, drafting an athletic 7’ elite defense big isnt that risky.  You cant teach athleticism, instincts, and height.  His offense will get better if hes putting work in.  Trae will make things easy for him initially anyways.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Wasnt Ben Simmons taken at one?

Either way, drafting an athletic 7’ elite defense big isnt that risky.  You cant teach athleticism, instincts, and height.  His offense will get better if hes putting work in.  Trae will make things easy for him initially anyways.

Trae

59 minutes ago, marco102 said:

@kg01 with these posts from the outsider trying to jettison off our star palyer for "rookies" who may never be as good as him.  I'm officially putting my application in to join the outsiders.

Who do I need to interview with?

You were always an Outsider .... you just didn't know it til now....

Seriously, can we go back to the days where we never got the #1 pick again.  Site is about 63% of the way to losing its mind. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Doesn’t matter.. they were key parts of championship teams.

defense wins championships but people worry about the #1 pick scoring enough..

I can keep going

Ok draft the next Hasheem Thabeet. Have fun with that. Sarr's offensive game is really rough. According to synergy he misses >50% of his layups. Also, he is not a great rebounder.  He has huge bust potential. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Ok draft the next Hasheem Thabeet. Have fun with that. Sarr's offensive game is really rough. According to synergy he misses >50% of his layups. Also, he is not a great rebounder.  He has huge bust potential. 

I keep telling them, he either needs a lot of time in College Park which isn't likely as he's a 1st overall pick or we need to tank and get our 2025 pick back from SA and get 4 and 8 as well for Trae. If SA don't want to play ball correctly, Detroit will. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

He was 18 playing in one of the best foreign leagues in the world.  He just  turned 19. He might be the fastest  7 footer I've ever seen. He has good basketball in. He has elite defense. 

I was trying to understand the comparison to HT myself.  Apples and oranges

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You fail to mention that Thabeet was 1/100th as athletic as many of those other defenders.. which is important to make it in the nba.

Thabeet was known for having cinder blocks for feet

Not to mention he was extremely new to basketball, where sarr is in a basketball family

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He was 18 playing in one of the best foreign leagues in the world.  He just  turned 19. He might be the fastest  7 footer I've ever seen. He has good basketball in. He has elite defense. 

His offensive game is truly rough. Synergy doesn't always tell the true story but his shit is rough. He doesn't have a legit interior game outside of dunks.  He doesn't handle post contact well at all but he can dribble and handle contact well. He's a highly perimeter-centric player like Wemby but Wemby is good at some big man things and he's pretty good at perimeter things. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Australian league is not even a top 10, maybe top 20 league in the world at best. But that doesn't matter, I like him.

• Like 1