• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC: " Hawks need to trade Trae Young"

Hawkmoor

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Take best players available at 4 and 8. 

And lose for the next 5-6 years with very little chance of getting back to the playoffs anytime soon.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

How do you know that? Our record with and without Trae was basically the same. 

Yeah, because we played bad teams and teams that had nothing to play for when Trae was out.  

Just now, Sothron said:

It would be crazy on some level to me that if we draft Sarr, which we should do, we finally get Trae an athletic defensive big that can lob like crazy and also shoot ....and we trade Trae?

Then immediate start the search 🔍 for somebody with attributes like…

Sarr.. :mellow:

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Pick the right guys and build a team. 

So who do you want at 4 and 8...what are your expectations for that team with 3 Rookies next season? 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

It would be crazy on some level to me that if we draft Sarr, which we should do, we finally get Trae an athletic defensive big that can lob like crazy and also shoot ....and we trade Trae?

That's why this whole trade Trae narrative is so idiotic. Sarr is literally the archetype of the ideal player you want to pair with Trae. 

If we trade Trae, we'll then be drafting trying to find a player who does what Trae does. Just keep Trae and build around him, JJ, and Sarr. At least TRY it for a year.  Trade DJ, Hunter, Clint, etc... for players that make the team better in the short term. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

That's why this whole trade Trae narrative is so idiotic. Sarr is literally the archetype of the ideal player you want to pair with Trae. 

If we trade Trae, we'll then be drafting trying to find a player who does what Trae does. Just keep Trae and build around him, JJ, and Sarr. At least TRY it for a year.  Trade DJ, Hunter, Clint, etc... for players that make the team better in the short term. 

Seriously!   We have the chance to draft Sarr to team up with Trae, JJ, and OO, and some who are in the twilight zone think it’s a bad fit and we should trade Trae.  It get better though.  They think he’s a better fit with the same archetype of player in San Antonio.  Not the same player but the same archetype.  A switch big with perimeter offensive ability.  

• Thanks 1

Do not like this story.  The idea of trading Trae is stupid, but I look at the media differently than a lot of people.  That’s why this story worries me.  
At times the media reports what has already been decided, or does the bidding of the local franchise.  They tell you what you should think about their plans.  
Whether this is Trae asking out or Tony wanting him out.  They call the local staff reporter and tell them to write a story like this.  
Or it could be to gauge fan reaction.  I would hate losing Trae.  Worried this could mean they had a meeting with him that didn’t go well.

19 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Do not like this story.  The idea of trading Trae is stupid, but I look at the media differently than a lot of people.  That’s why this story worries me.  
At times the media reports what has already been decided, or does the bidding of the local franchise.  They tell you what you should think about their plans.  
Whether this is Trae asking out or Tony wanting him out.  They call the local staff reporter and tell them to write a story like this.  
Or it could be to gauge fan reaction.  I would hate losing Trae.  Worried this could mean they had a meeting with him that didn’t go well.

I don't think anyone is ever calling Mark Bradley or really anyone at the AJC lol. 

They've reduced themselves into straight click bait mess across all georgia sports. 

They're irrelevant. 

5 minutes ago, Afro said:

I don't think anyone is ever calling Mark Bradley or really anyone at the AJC lol. 

They've reduced themselves into straight click bait mess across all georgia sports. 

They're irrelevant. 

Hope you’re right.  Can’t believe Mark Bradley is still there.  Never liked that dude going back to the days when print media was all we could read.

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

Hope you’re right.  Can’t believe Mark Bradley is still there.  Never liked that dude going back to the days when print media was all we could read.

AJC loves keeping dudes that no one wants to read lol

I've also never heard anyone say a good word about Dled or Chip Towers, but here we are. 

Edited by Afro

• Moderators

What I want is for Fields to publicly push back on this unless Trae is demanding a trade.  Even if the Hawks are interested in a trade, the offers will be better (or at least no worse) if Landry says he is our star and we have no intent to deal him.  If the Hawks believe they will likely keep him, it is insane not to embrace your guy and to let the media speculate on it with no pushback.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

What I want is for Fields to publicly push back on this unless Trae is demanding a trade.  Even if the Hawks are interested in a trade, the offers will be better (or at least no worse) if Landry says he is our star and we have no intent to deal him.  If the Hawks believe they will likely keep him, it is insane not to embrace your guy and to let the media speculate on it with no pushback.

It's been at least a year or rather serious speculation! 

Come on Landry. 

They almost feel like an NBA plant FO lol. 

• Like 1

Media relations/other teams aside... 

We can all feel that our current roster feels VERY timid and anxious. It comes through when they talk. 

None of them really know what's happening and our organizations sowing doubt rather than confidence. 

I hate to just keep crapping on Landry, but IMO, he fails so hard at cultivating the morale/vibes around this team. Which is a big f***ing deal to me. 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

I'll repost what I said on Sunday:

On 5/12/2024 at 10:40 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Just another reason for Ressler to not spend to put a competitive team on the floor.

Selling hope with another rebuild to the fan base. It's fool's gold.

Wether we pick at 1, 3 7, or 10 wasn't going to be a drastic change. As @marco102 pointed out, what we do with the current players on the roster, the TPE, the MLE matters more than just securing the #1 pick.

....we won't even have a chance to be in the race if we're starting 20 metres behind . :blanky:

• Thanks 2

Hawks are not trading Trae unless:

1- Trae asks out or 2- Atlanta gets an offer that they just can't refuse which is very unlikely.  

Why worry!  Be happy!

We read that this draft is the weakest, sorriest draft ever on the face of the earth.  No one is any good in this draft.   Yet, if we have posters who say, "Trade this #1 pick" then we have posters who explode, "That would be crazy!"

Do we want this draft pick or not?  Trade back with whoever got #10 and get something extra for the swap of places.  Landry says he can go over the tax limit but isn't going to just because he can, and this makes us question him.

Hawks picked an overseas pro and traded him for Trae.  They have another overseas pro on their radar for the #1 pick.  That pick we traded for Trae turned out to be kinda good, didn't he.  

We all expected this off-season to be an active one.  Did we expect to go crazy??  Well, we have thoughts about it now!!

😍

• Thanks 1