Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

None of those guys except Magloire..I think the list is more like

Magloire

Dalembert

Ilgauskis

Wilcox

I don't know where all this Chris Mihm garbage comes from.

I can't imagine Dalembert or Z on our list. I don't get the impression we are going after a big salary, long-term deal kind of guy.

Quote:

Quote:

Magloire

Dalembert

Ilgauskis

Wilcox

I can't imagine Dalembert or Z on our list. I don't get the impression we are going after a big salary, long-term deal kind of guy.

That would be the only rationale to open up cap space instead of taking back players from Indiana.

• Premium Member

I think we're getting Carlos Boozer.

Utah has been shopping him and his big contract to anybody who would take him. I think we send Lue to Utah, he's ours...

He's a big who can run the floor and can score. Plus he's 6'8.

BK has to like that. He's got 4 years left on his deal....

People will look at him and say..

" Yeah.. "

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Magloire

Dalembert

Ilgauskis

Wilcox

That would be the only rationale to open up cap space instead of taking back players from Indiana.

The only rationale for netting 4M in cash and a first round pick instead of taking back a backup C and overpaid PG from Indiana is to put that money into a long-term, expensive center whose teams would like to give them away due to their underperforming?

I will respectfully disagree.

It depends on your perspective. If you think that Dalembert or Magloire is pivotal to your long term success then you make the deal. There is no use to sitting on 12 million in capspace if you are not going to use it. We are not an expansion team. You also can't convince the fanbase that you are serious about winning if you don't get back a known quantity in return for Al Harrington. If you get back Magloire you can spin in your press conf.

He is a top flight All Star center that will shore up our front line.

If you get Dalembert you can say

We have found in Dalembert a good young center who is a defensive presence (then throw out the last in points in the paint figure)

It is much better than bringing back nothing or trotting out Chris Mihms of the world.

• Moderators

Quote:

It depends on your perspective.

That is my point. I can totally see picking up a long-term big $$ player like Dalembert being the reason for the trade. That makes sense. However, there are a lot of other scenarios that makes sense "depending on your perspective" that don't involve an acquisition like that. My point is that acquiring someone like Dalembert or Z is far from the "only rationale" for the Indy trade.