• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The board hate rolls on...

Diesel

• Premium Member

The board hate is something unusal.I have been around for several seasons, I have seen this board hate in action.1. Shareef.2. Big Dog.3. JT.4. Walker.5. Diaw.6. Harrington.7. Zaza or Chillz?The question is who will be the next victim of Hawksrage... Every year, the board picks one player on the team to want booted. From the days when Shareef was scoring 20/10 with 3 men attached to his back...he recieved much board hate. People wanted him gone.. just to want him gone. Next was Big Dog.. No greater hate has ever been seen by this board.Then JT. I participated in JT hate because of his attitude.Then Walker. Walker had done no wrong.. but he was a big victim of hawkrage..on to Diaw, Harrington.I wonder who's next.I get the feeling it's Zaza. Even though Zaza is as young as Marvin.. and makes youthful mistakes... Zaza has already been blasted as a person with no potential to get better?? Lifelong Back up... Yet for some reason the Hawkhaters feel that Marvin who makes as many mistakes as Zaza will all the sudden become KG?It just might be Chillz. Chillz is probably our 2nd best all around player.. .yet I can see the Hawkhate already building.I almost forgot about Shelden. He was given a scarlett Letter coming in!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I almost forgot about Shelden. He was given a scarlett Letter coming in!
There you go.I will not hate him because he is a Hawk, but there is people on here that will.Do you think he knows that whole Philps arena boo him on draft nite??That was so stupid!!

Diesels never ceases to amaze me. Just when I think he couldn't possibly say anything dumber he manages to surpass himself. Mr. Hater himself calling out the board about being haters. wtf.jpg

Quote:

Even though Zaza is as young as Marvin.. and makes youthful mistakes
Zaza is over two years older than Marvin, has played in the NBA for 3 years and was playing professionally in Europe before he came over here.

• Moderators

Quote:

The board hate is something unusal.I have been around for several seasons, I have seen this board hate in action.1. Shareef. [Not missed - but respected.]2. Big Dog. [Not missed - wouldn't change a thing.]3. JT. [Missed - once we got JJ suddenly JT seems a great fit.]4. Walker. [Not missed - fundamentally flawed game in the NBA and would have taken minutes from younger talent needed to move this franchise forward.]5. Diaw. [Mixed - The Atlanta Diaw isn't missed; The Phoenix Diaw would be nice on any team (assuming he can play that way outside of an open, "european" style offense).6. Harrington. [?? - Too early to have 20/20 hindsight.]7. Zaza or Chillz? - There is hate for Zaza, however he has time to prove people wrong. As for Chillz, I don't think there is very much hate for him - it is just that a lot of people see him as a true SF and believe that he will never have a role on this time equal to the value we could receive by trading him. I hope we can make it work with both these guys here as I am rooting for each of them.
I agree that hate on a messageboard can be irrational but I inserted what I think is the 20/20 hindsight view on whether we miss these guys. Most I think are not missed.

• Premium Member

I've lost count just in the time I've been here how many times Diesel and Walter have taken Marvin Williams out behind the shed, put a bullet in his head, dragged the body to a tree, hanged the corpse, dragged it off the rope to crucify the corpse, set the body on fire and then pissed on it to put the flames out.So you will forgive me I give an /eyeroll here.

Guest Walter

Quote:

there isn't a single person on this board that has posted anywhere near as much hate for Zaza as you (and Walter) have posted about Marvin over the past year.Not even close.
I would want very much to hang onto MW and would all but refuse to trade wither him or JS. I think a 2, Sf lineup (particularly with a SW-type BU at Pf) with a dominante 2-way center is a potentially contending lineup. One that could out run teams without being dominated in the post on either end.You call it "hate". I call it reality. We won't win anything of importance with a 2, Sf lineup without a dominant 2-way center. Won't happen. The fact that I see JS as better than MW isn't a negative statement at all just a reflection of their respective histories. In short, MW is a player I like very much and would absolutely not trade IF we get a dominant, true center to pair with he and JS. If that's "hate" then we all should be hateful. The likelihood we will is negligable as opportunities are so very rare, when they exist for you you have to realize them, and when you do you still have to pay to get them. Currently our front office appears focused on a lame pick rather than the perfect prospect player for our team. Shame.W

Yup this purely fishing for comments.I thought Antoine Walker was received really well after he started playing a few games. Most people wanted him gone because he was essentially trade bait from the get go. I was surprised at the respect and love he got on this board.

Quote:

Even though Zaza is as young as Marvin.. and makes youthful mistakes

Zaza is over two years older than Marvin, has played in the NBA for 3 years and was playing professionally in Europe before he came over here.

Oh no you didn't!!!....Comparing someones experiance vs. inexperiance....When we tried to throw that out bout Dwight vs. Mihm you weren't budging, now since it works for you, it's all good. Umph, umph, umph....... Posted ImagePosted Image

Quote:

...You call it "hate". I call it reality. We won't win anything of importance with a 2, Sf lineup without a dominant 2-way center. Won't happen...
Agreed W...the only exception being that if both MW and JS's offensive games really develop quickly, we maybe could get away with a dominant defensive center (ala Mutombo) who doesn't have to be that offensive minded.

Quote:

Comparing someones experiance vs. inexperiance
For writer your reading comprehension is oddly challenged.Diesel said specifically that Zaza was as young as Marvin when in fact he is 2 yrs and 4 months older. He tried to use age as an excuse for Zaza even though Zaza has many years of professional experience compared to 1 for Marvin.I used Mihm as a comparison to Howard to illustrate that Howard is not a great player YET. As big and athletic as Howard is Mihm blocked the same number of shots in 10 fewer minutes per game.And age doesn't have much relevance in shot blocking. if it did Josh Smith wouldn't block almost twice as many shots as Howard in fewer minutes.

Guest Walter

...because I will become MW's most ardent supporter. I truly believe with Bynum a 2-Sf lineup can be electrifying and dominant. The catch is guys like Bynum are so rare that unless we get him the opportunity may not come and then not at this price until it is too late to pair him with 2, Sfs.W

10 pts in 25 minutes doesn't impress me.However I dont think Marvin will get the blocks or steals that Marion does. However a 48 minute number of 19ppg is nothing special. And if you like i can come up with quotes where you dogged Marvin a lot worse than that.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Agreed W...the only exception being that if both MW and JS's offensive games really develop quickly, we maybe could get away with a dominant defensive center (ala Mutombo) who doesn't have to be that offensive minded.
I fear a lack of post offense with that lineup but I'd definately give it a try. Defense on the level of Deke can make up for a little post offense deficiency. I don't see a player like that around either though.W