• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody deserves credit for molding JJ into a star

TheNorthCydeRises

He really does.

When we first got JJ, it was believed that he could never develop into a #1 option type player, or a player that you could revolve an entire offense around. It was a lot of people who doubted that JJ could be a star, and said that he was merely a product of Phoenix's system.

Remember, Cleveland pretty much chose to go after Larry Hughes, instead of JJ. Now look at Hughes and look at JJ.

The facts are that JJ has made 3 all-star teams under Woody.

Teams look to double team him like he was Kobe or Lebron.

Woody has given him the freedom to do exactly what Lebron and Kobe does offensively.

Woody has challenged JJ in the past to really elevate his game to the level of those guys, even if he doesn't have the athletic ability to be a showman like they do.

JJ has gone from a spot up shooter, to a guy who can take and make difficult shots.

When you look at it objectively, Woody's treatment of JJ like he was a superstar player from DAY 1, has enabled him to become the player that he is today.

This is actually the first year that i have been disappointed with JJ's play. He has more talent around him than ever and way too often is content with taking 10 dribbles before shooting. He shouldn't be shooting 43.5% on the season. He is a better player than that. He has been forcing it too often.

He really does.

When we first got JJ, it was believed that he could never develop into a #1 option type player, or a player that you could revolve an entire offense around. It was a lot of people who doubted that JJ could be a star, and said that he was merely a product of Phoenix's system.

Remember, Cleveland pretty much chose to go after Larry Hughes, instead of JJ. Now look at Hughes and look at JJ.

Woody has given him the freedom to do exactly what Lebron and Kobe does offensively.

Woody has challenged JJ in the past to really elevate his game to the level of those guys, even if he doesn't have the athletic ability to be a showman like they do.

JJ has gone from a spot up shooter, to a guy who can take and make difficult shots.

When you look at it objectively, Woody's treatment of JJ like he was a superstar player from DAY 1, has enabled him to become the player that he is today.

I agree with you. Woody allowing JJ his freedom has helped JJ elevate his game. But to say Woody "molded" him is a stretch to me. Like you said, since day one, he told JJ he's the star and the offense will run through him. That's not molding a player, that's letting his true talents come through. Which they have, and the Hawks are reaping JJ's skills.

This is actually the first year that i have been disappointed with JJ's play. He has more talent around him than ever and way too often is content with taking 10 dribbles before shooting. He shouldn't be shooting 43.5% on the season. He is a better player than that. He has been forcing it too often.

co-sign even though that has nothing to do with the topic lol.

I would definitely have to disagree. JJ is a nice player, but we didnt have much choice but to hand the reigns over to JJ much like we had to with Bibby. I won't give Woodson credit for doing something that is so common sensical that a elementary school kid would support.

I would definitely have to disagree. JJ is a nice player, but we didnt have much choice but to hand the reigns over to JJ much like we had to with Bibby. I won't give Woodson credit for doing something that is so common sensical that a elementary school kid would support.

Well put. . . couldn't agree more.

He really does.

lol

lol

Figures you'd say that.

Great topic, by the way. I agree with most everything the OP said.

I'd take JJ over Hughes anyday! :)

Figures you'd say that.

Great topic, by the way. I agree with most everything the OP said.

I'd take JJ over Hughes anyday! :)

How do you praise a coach for allowing your best player to play ISO all the time and let him lead the league in minutes just so that he can make the all-star team? Show me where the brilliance is.

Woody: Don't worry about running plays or help push the ball up the floor to take advantage of our teams athletic ability. Just slow it down and jack up low percentage shots. They won't all go in, but it will work it's self out. That offense thing tends to take care of it's self.

GREAT JOB WOODY!

LOL. I agree that JJ is much better than Hughes, but Woodson hasn't molded crap. The offensive ineptitude of Woodson's "system" has allowed JJ and players like Flip to shine.

JJ is a very good player. But you guys are kidding yourselves if you don't look at the big picture and see that he is still Robin in search of his Batman.

The better we get as a team and the more expectations that we have, it's becoming more evident that to truly challenge for a championship our roster still needs a major "tweak" before we can make that leap.

I still think that trading Jsmoove is the only way to take that next step and add a necessary piece to reach our potential.

Man Woody doesn't deserve sh*t!! JJ is clearly not a superstar player. he is an above average player. He takes most of the shots and plays most of the minutes. I mean he should be playing 35 minutes a night. It is easy to run iso Joe all night. I want to see what he could do without JJ in the lineup. I like JJ but he is what he is!!!

JJ=Mitch Richmond

Man Woody doesn't deserve sh*t!! JJ is clearly not a superstar player. he is an above average player. He takes most of the shots and plays most of the minutes. I mean he should be playing 35 minutes a night. It is easy to run iso Joe all night. I want to see what he could do without JJ in the lineup. Woody's overuse of JJ is hurting our other talent and our team!! I like JJ but he is what he is!!!

JJ=Mitch Richmond

JJ was nowhere near just a spot up shooter in PHX, far from it. He was their goto player whenever the Nash/Amare PnR didn't work. JJ ran a lot of ISO's successfully in PHX and that's probably what BK saw in him.