• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Amare would like to be on the Hawks by his words

HawkItus

Driving down to work this morning and I heard Amare doing his radio tour for his record company. He was on 95.5 the beat for this one. Anyway one of the DJ's asked about his health. His exact quote was

"I'm good. Thank God I'm healed. It was serious situation, but I'm ready to go. You hear that Atlanta Hawks, you should look into acquiring a young stud Stoudemire" No laugh or I'm just kidding afterwords. Make it happen Sund.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I actually think he makes more sense than Bosh.

I think the Suns are going to be looking to start over by the trading deadline. Shaq and Nash are too old for their owner to invest in, so I imagine you'll see them looking to dump Amare in February.

I don't listen to 95.5 so this is news to me ! If Amare wants to play the recording company game what better city is there to be in then Atlanta for his genre of music ? Maybe the Hawks can capitalize on that and get him to sign a reasonable extension..........starting at say $15 mill a year instead of $18 or $20 mill per starting out. He will not turn 27 until November.

Stoudemire and Horford would be true beast in the paint together. Talk about the ability to swith on defensive assignments without giving up a mismatch !

Stoudemire has a better mid range jumper them Smoove and does not even attempt all the ill advised 3's Smith tries. When he does attempt them he makes them at a better clip then Smith. He and Horford can both play the center position.........that in itself makes us a much better team.

I would LOVE to see this come to fruition ! Of course, like Bosh, an extension would have to be reached. One thing that worries me about him is his lack of rebounding given his skillset.

A couple of years ago the Suns were trying to get Smith, Marvin and the #3 pick (Horford) for Stoudemire. Thank goodness BK turned that deal down. Now maybe we can get him for Smith / #11 pick (Law) / and cap fillers.

Edited by coachx

I think that I'd rather have Bosh but I wouldn't be mad with replacing Smoove with Amare ... and then maybe we can pick up Artest and he and Amare can work on their recordings together LOL.

Dolfan are you kidding!!! Amare is a beast!! Bosh is a jumpshooter!! Come on!!!!!!!!!

I think that I'd rather have Bosh but I wouldn't be mad with replacing Smoove with Amare ... and then maybe we can pick up Artest and he and Amare can work on their recordings together LOL.

I like Bosh better too. He is a little younger and seems to have a better head on his shoulders but I'd be happy with Stoudemire too.

The key is the whole extension thing.

Either one of these guys should really help the flow of our half court offense.

I'd make the trade, but Amare would have to learn to play defense. I mean, he is just bad. His mechanics are terrible. He has terrible footwork on the defensive end and plays with his hands down. Either he's not trying or he's just never been taught. Regardless he has work to do.

Amare does make sense and he may like the Eastern Conference type better. His defense has never been all that great, but by playing under our system it should improve, and overall I don't see many negatives. The biggest negatives are that his defense is limited and I doubt he gets along with Coach Woodson.

Edited by DominiqueWilkins

LOL Amare plays no defense at all, which is what we need.... Plus he is also not a C either... .and AL has not played Well enough for us to trade smoove, lol even before he hurt his ankle he wasn't doing anything in the playoffs .... So I'll pass.. I'd rather stick with the players we have and get rid of Woody..

I like Bosh better too. He is a little younger and seems to have a better head on his shoulders but I'd be happy with Stoudemire too.

The key is the whole extension thing.

Either one of these guys should really help the flow of our half court offense.

I think we all would be happy.

Why man, WHY????????????????????

HE HAS NO BBALL IQ!!!

he revealed it to all those who didn't already know this offseason.

He might be the most immature basketball player on the court (after 5 whole years) in the whole NBA