• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Amare would like to be on the Hawks by his words

HawkItus

The Clippers have no use for Marvin, they already have a better SF.

Aaaah...there's the rub D.R.P. We see Marvin as the #2 young draft pick with "upside"...other teams see him as an average/everyday/run-of-the-mill SF.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Clippers have no use for Marvin, they already have a better SF.

Thorton is not better than Marvin, he's just more explosive but Marvin has superior stats despite being the 4th option. We should forget Kaman anyway and try to fleece Jordan, he's a C that actually fits the indentity of our team being that he is a young athletic and quick big than can get up and down the floor as opposed to Kaman's injury prone lumbering self.

Thorton is not better than Marvin, he's just more explosive but Marvin has superior stats despite being the 4th option. We should forget Kaman anyway and try to fleece Jordan, he's a C that actually fits the indentity of our team being that he is a young athletic and quick big than can get up and down the floor as opposed to Kaman's injury prone lumbering self.

If we trade Smith for Amare, trading Marvin isn't an option. We will probably lose him in Free Agency. I say if that trade happen:

PG: Bibby (7-8mil per year 3yr)/ draft a PG in the draft with our pick and trade Acie with Josh Smith

SG: Childress (Bring him back)/ sign another shooter

SF: JJ/ Mo

PF: Horford/ Zaza

C:Amare (needs to sign a contract extention before the trade. No way I will trade a locked up potential All Star for a 1 year player even if it's Lebron.)/David Andersen

Edited by nbasuperstar40

We could get him straight up for Smoove, Acie, and Speedy!!

That would leave us without a point guard if we let Bibby go but some other moves would have to be made. Amare can play center effectively.

???

JJ

MArvin

AL/AMare

Amare/AL

I don't know what the hell we would do at point guard other than resign Bibby or go after Sessions etc.

I would LOVE that deal..........especially since the record label thing inclines us to think he would sign an extension here.

A team like the Bulls may drive up the asking price though.

Edited by coachx

1. He's not a true low post scorer, he mainly looks for a jump shot or pick and rolls. We know we're keeping Woodson so the pick and roll is automatically eliminated as an offensive set.

This is just wrong. Amare is one of the best face up big man the NBA has. He hits open jumpers extremely consistently, and drives past his man when they creep up. He is excellent at scoring and finishing inside, even if he doesn't have a back down, post up game. But, who does nowadays? He's great at the PnR also, but that isn't close to the only way he scores.

2. The guy is one of the softest big men in the NBA. People like to talk bad about bigs like Dirk or Yao but those guys do put some effort in defense. Amare just doesn't give the effort level he needs to.

Agreed, he sucks at defense.

HE HAS NO BBALL IQ!!!

he revealed it to all those who didn't already know this offseason.

He might be the most immature basketball player on the court (after 5 whole years) in the whole NBA

Yet he was our best player during the playoffs. Just because he makes a few dumb mistakes every game doesn't mean he's a bad player. Wanting to get rid of someone for that is just dumb, especially when his coach won't tell him to stop shooting jumpers.

I've been as critical as Josh Smith as anybody, but I wouldn't trade him for Amare Stoudemire. He can become an all around player if he just stays focused like he does when he has big games. I'd rather have Smith also because he hasn't been through a lot of injuries like Stoudemire. Chris Bosh might be the only PF available that I would think about trading for Smith.

• Premium Member
This is just wrong. Amare is one of the best face up big man the NBA has. He hits open jumpers extremely consistently, and drives past his man when they creep up. He is excellent at scoring and finishing inside, even if he doesn't have a back down, post up game. But, who does nowadays? He's great at the PnR also, but that isn't close to the only way he scores.

Stoudamire shot like 50% on long 2 pointers during the 2007-2008 season and close to 70% on buckets in the basket area.

The guy is a monster offensive weapon.

He helps us because he can play center and we can move Horford to PF. Also is such a offensive talent that we can play JJ to his strengths, which not being a #1 and being great all round player. Where it hurts us is in salary. JJ and Amare can garner max contracts, Horford will get a nice contract, so resigning Marvin will be very diffcult for us. I wouldn't trade more then Smith for Amare. I'm not even sold that we should trade Smith for him. It just depends. I want to see what the Wizards will do first with their draft pick.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Stoudamire shot like 50% on long 2 pointers during the 2007-2008 season and close to 70% on buckets in the basket area.

The guy is a monster offensive weapon.

So what??? :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

What about other factors of his game? Smoove leads us in Blocks, Steals.... 2nd in Reb and 3 in Assists.

Some of you guys are so blind by points you forget about the other facts of the game.

I would not trade Smoove for Amare. Smoove, Big AL and JJ should be untouchable if we ever plan to keep claiming.

• Premium Member

What about other factors of his game? Smoove leads us in Blocks, Steals.... 2nd in Reb and 3 in Assists.

Some of you guys are so blind by points you forget about the other facts of the game.

I would not trade Smoove for Amare. Smoove, Big AL and JJ should be untouchable if we ever plan to keep claiming.

That's precisely my problem with Amare: he's only Charlie V away from being the worst big man defender in the NBA. Bosh isn't much better if at all.

A lot of Smith's steals come from jumping the passing lanes. Most of the time when he tries to get the steal he fails and leaves the defense exposed behind him.

His shotblocking was way down this year. His rebounding sucks and he is a turnover machine.

If you want to want to look at all facets of the game you have to bring up Smith's problems as well. After 5 years in the league he is still trying to lead the break and jack 3s.

Amare is a legit All-Star and one of the most efficient scorers in the league. Saying "big Al" is untradeable really makes me wonder about your judgement. The only way Horford will ever get to the All-Star game is if he buys a ticket.

On a more serious note, Bibby would benefit greatly from having someone like Amare set him up... nah forget just Bibby, the entire team will benefit from someoen like Amare. I would trade Josh Smith, Acie Law, and Marvin Williams (SNT) or Josh Childress for Amare. A lineup of Bibby, Johnson, Marvin/Childress, Amare, Horford would be very good, and we would have enough money, assuming Bibby signs for a pretty low contract, to resign Zaza, Flip, and possibly extend JJ.