• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who will be the better player NEXT SEASON?

Diesel

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Either Joe Johnson or Roy..Kevin Martin is good but idk if he can take that team ot the next level..Roy has a chamionship team now with Andre Miller at point..he should be able to go far with that team. Gilbert is nice but he just isnt a team player and shouldnt be a PG either. My vote is Johnson..i think this is the year Hawks get to the Eastern Conference Finals..we have enough playoff experience now..Johnson is gonna be on national TV more than ever and he better take care of buisness

JJ

I voted Roy but JJ is a close second.

Since the Hawks have an undersized frontcourt..... I like JJ's size at 6'7'' and 240 lbs as a better fit then Roy's smaller frame.

Since the T-Blazer have a big frontline with Oden, Aldridge, abnd Pryzbilla...............Roy is the better fit for them.

Just my 2 cents !

JJ is now 28...........this is the same age where guys like Jordan and Steve Smith really polished up their post game and used their size and strength.

Edited by coachx

I still voted JJ. Partially because the "Jordan Rules" haven't been applied to Brandon yet, like they've been applied to JJ.

It wouldn't suprise me one bit though, if Roy had a better year than JJ ( stats wise ) once again, and overtakes JJ as the better player. It would be interesting though, to see Roy have to constantly be double ( and sometimes triple-teamed ) on a nightly basis, and see what his numbers would be then. I think Brandon will see a lot of double-teams this year. He's good enough to beat most of them though.

This will be the first season Joe hasn't played in Atlanta where we honestly can't say the starting five isn't introducing a significant change. I think people will see the difference. Yes you can count last year, but Bibby's didn't have full season the year before last.

You guys have to realize that this is a Hawks forum. Therefore, there's going to be quite a few biased and hopeless homers. I say Roy, simply because he's got another consistent scorer playing next to him. However, Roy is just as good as Joe and may emerge as the better player next year.

Edited by EazyRoc

I voted Arenas. If he returns to his old form he's better than anyone else on that list and it's not even close.

Individually maybe, but basketball is a team sport and I just don't see him being the kind of guy who's going to impact a team the way Roy could. I love my guy Joe but I think that Roy is a better player, he's more athletic and I think that their offensive skills are kinda similar. The ? was who's going to have a better season NEXT YEAR and with Roy being in Portland in a better offensive scheme he'll definately have the better year. Back to Arenas, he's a 2 trapped in a 1s body. He doesn't show that he can play d against the other top players at his position and although he may be the most talented offensively of the bunch he just doesn't really play on the other end. Just my 2 cents!

I don't see why Roy wouldn't be able to surpass Joe Johnson this year. JJ last year almost led the league, if he didn't already, in minutes per game and wasn't nearly as productive as Brandon Roy. This year, JJ's minutes are projected to go down as Crawford and Teague will surely take the minutes away from him (although you never know with Woody).

I don't see why Roy wouldn't be able to surpass Joe Johnson this year. JJ last year almost led the league, if he didn't already, in minutes per game and wasn't nearly as productive as Brandon Roy. This year, JJ's minutes are projected to go down as Crawford and Teague will surely take the minutes away from him (although you never know with Woody).

Playing close to 40 mins every game isn't a good thing, so saying that he played alot of minutes and didn't produce like Roy doesn't really mean alot. Really I don't think it means anything!