• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's Marvin's fault.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I predicted this back in 2008. While I'm thought about this past dreadful series, I said to myself.. Why is Orlando so dominant on defense. As I watched the DVRed game here just moments ago, it became very clear.

Marvin and Bibby were the ones to blame. When either were on the floor, their man was free to double. Especially Marvin. Joe received all the criticism because he didn't say what Marvin said.. after game three.. but truly. Did Marvin do anything in the playoffs? During the season??

Yes, this team has a cancer. Marvin Williams!

• Like 1

I predicted this back in 2008. While I'm thought about this past dreadful series, I said to myself.. Why is Orlando so dominant on defense. As I watched the DVRed game here just moments ago, it became very clear.

Marvin and Bibby were the ones to blame. When either were on the floor, their man was free to double. Especially Marvin. Joe received all the criticism because he didn't say what Marvin said.. after game three.. but truly. Did Marvin do anything in the playoffs? During the season??

Yes, this team has a cancer. Marvin Williams!

There is no way it's Marvin's fault because he didn't get the touches. Blaming the 5th option for our downfall against Orlando is cheap. Williams is one of the reason I would let Joe Walk. I think that offensively he is a much more improved player than the player he was when he averaged 14 ppg. His ballhandling has improved and he is finishing around the cup better, and not to mention that he is a adequate 3 point shooter now. If anything blame Joe for letting Matt Barnes and Pietrus molest him into shooting that horrid floater. I almost puked jus thinking about it..lol

• Like 1

lol, you know the Marvin fans will use the excuse he doesn't get touches as the reason a man making the money he is ONLY score 2 POINTS in this game. We need offense from anyone we can get it from and Marvin DID NOT deliver at all during this magic series. Save it marvin supporters. his back up who sucks more than he does has scored more this series than he has.. It sucks because the talent is there.

Edited by jsmoovefan
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Woody is responsible. How much clearer can it be. If Marvin is to blame he shouldn't be on the floor. I think we can get past saying this guy sucks or it's that guys fault. We got beat by a better team and we mentally fell apart. If the organization makes some good moves we can push forward.

lol, you know the Marvin fans will use the excuse he doesn't get touches as the reason a man making the money he is ONLY score 2 POINTS in this game. We need offense from anyone we can get it from and Marvin DID NOT deliver at all during this magic series. Save it marvin supporters. his back up who sucks more than he does has scored more this series than he has.. It sucks because the talent is there.

Its not his fault that Joe Dribbles the ball for 23 seconds and shoots a contested floater or contested fade away jump shot. Marvin williams did a descent job in his role as a scrapper. The hussle was there,he rebounded well and made the most of his opportunites all season long. Hopefully the next coach runs more 3/5 pick and rolls with he and Horford. It was very effective the 3 times out of 93 games woodson ran it.

Edited by LastDon

Woody is responsible. How much clearer can it be. If Marvin is to blame he shouldn't be on the floor. I think we can get past saying this guy sucks or it's that guys fault. We got beat by a better team and we mentally fell apart. If the organization makes some good moves we can push forward.

I agree 100% Macdaddy... We played tougher with Mike Bibby off the floor as well. He jus is too much of liability on D and we are trapped with him for the next 2 seasons!

• Premium Member

im pretty sure when a team loses a series this bad

its the whole teams fault

Oh, hush. You're making too much sense.

im pretty sure when a team loses a series this bad

its the whole teams fault

The blame has to fall squarely on the guy getting paid max money. He was shut down by a midlevel guy and league minimal guy in Barnes and Pietrius. Jamal was production, Josh was descent and Al was ok. Joe didn't show and it cost us. We needed to win the matchup in the backcourt to have any chance and he didn't deliver point black period. Maybe it was Woody's offense. I dunno?? But he is tradeable so resigning him wouldn't be so bad because he can regain his market value with his regular season play.

• Premium Member

Laughable thread. Marvin is hardly a factor on our team, let alone THE reason we lost. If Marvin had gotten injured and missed the season we wouldn't have even noticed. We won 53 games with Marvin being a total non factor and we should have been able to compete against Orlando with him giving us exactly what he gave us throughout the season. Joe Johnson shooting under 30%, Woodson's abysmal coaching, and our overall lack of effort and intensity were the reasons we embarrassed ourselves.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Marvin does not belong in the NBA. Coming from a guy that thought BK was an OK GM I cannot fathom what Marvin did to impress BK. I know some of you think it's the system with Marvin but I just don't see the talent. Marvin can't hit uncontested jumpers and he simply can not complete a drive without falling down or being stripped. System????
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Can't argue that Marvin is a total waste of space though. The guy is a sorry NBA talent. 6 feet 9 inches and he can't play inside, can't hit wide open jumpers and can't create anything off the dribble except for the occasional "I'll just put my head down and drive straight into someones chest without even attempting to make the shot so that I can draw a foul" move.

But blaming him for losing the series??? That's like blaming Brad Miller for Chicago dropping the series against the Cavs. The guy sucks, we know he sucks, and for the most part we just ask him to get out of the way.

• Like 1

Can't argue that Marvin is a total waste of space though. The guy is a sorry NBA talent. 6 feet 9 inches and he can't play inside, can't hit wide open jumpers and can't create anything off the dribble except for the occasional "I'll just put my head down and drive straight into someones chest without even attempting to make the shot so that I can draw a foul" move.

But blaming him for losing the series??? That's like blaming Brad Miller for Chicago dropping the series against the Cavs. The guy sucks, we know he sucks, and for the most part we just ask him to get out of the way.

Nope, even I can't put the blame squarely on him for them getting humiliated on national TV. But man oh man, what the hell was BK thinking on draft night? What area of the game does he perform at a good level much less great? Okay, so he can rebound a little and plays decent defense at times; so does 50-75 other guys in this league. The fact that we're even comparing his stats to Mo Evans should be a chilling indictment on the Billy Knight era.

I think you could make the argument that Marvin's failure to develop into a top tier player, given his lofty draft status, has effectively capped the teams performance somewhere below title contender.

Billy Knight had 5 lottery picks to work with, 4 of them in the top half of the lottery, and came away with one bona fide starter (Horford), one borderline starter (Marvin), one decent backup (Childress) and a couple end of the bench types (Law and Shelden). That is not exactly a receipe for success in the NBA.

Nope, even I can't put the blame squarely on him for them getting humiliated on national TV. But man oh man, what the hell was BK thinking on draft night? What area of the game does he perform at a good level much less great? Okay, so he can rebound a little and plays decent defense at times; so does 50-75 other guys in this league. The fact that we're even comparing his stats to Mo Evans should be a chilling indictment on the Billy Knight era.

I wasn't a huge BK fan myself but in his defense nearly everyone who mattered had Marvin pretty high. But it still didn't fill a dire need for our team so that's why I was against the pick.

I wasn't a huge BK fan myself but in his defense nearly everyone who mattered had Marvin pretty high. But it still didn't fill a dire need for our team so that's why I was against the pick.

Yep, but those who mattered didn't have the likes of Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue running the show from the point. That's like Chicago spending a lottery pick on a marginal shooting guard when they had MJ or the Hawks spending one on a small forward when they still had Nique in his prime. Very short-sighted to say the least.

Yep, but those who mattered didn't have the likes of Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue running the show from the point. That's like Chicago spending a lottery pick on a marginal shooting guard when they had MJ or the Hawks spending one on a small forward when they still had Nique in his prime. Very short-sighted to say the least.

I agree but no once knew CP would be the player he is. Had Marvin been a superstar and Paul an average PG it wouldn't have been that bad of a pick. The consensus was just that so even though it turned out to be horrid it wasn't his worst one.