• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Breaking News: WOODY IS GONE

GameTime

Smoove is the first player to comment on the firing:

Hawks forward Josh Smith said the team’s decision to part ways with Woodson despite his success is a sign of the higher expectations for the franchise.

“It feels good to know we are not just satisfied with just being the eighth seed or improving every season,” he said. “We got expectations of going to the playoffs every year and being a difference-maker in the playoffs. The organization has everything going in the right direction.”

Smith is the only player on the roster for all of Woodson’s six seasons. The two had a sometimes-contentious relationship but Smith said they had worked out an understanding.

“It was rough starting out, but everything was smooth sailing a couple of years ago once we finally figured out what we wanted out of each other,” Smith said. “You just hate to see somebody you came in the game with leave like this.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/05/14/woodson-wont-return-to-coach-hawks/

I'm looking to see if Joe or Al has responded yet as well..

• Like 2

******13******

*************26*************

***************30***************

******************37*******************

**********************45********************

**************************53**************************

The legacy of Woody.

53 wins with this team, in this conference, and an extremely disappointing first round before a historically bad second round is nothing to hang your hat on. Woodson is simply not a good head coach. You know you suck when your shining moment was a first round series where you lost 4 of the 7 games in humiliating fashion.

Woodson wasn't the only problem, but you're (still) kidding yourself if you think we could ever accomplish anything great with him as our coach.

Edited by High5

******13******

*************26*************

***************30***************

******************37*******************

**********************45********************

**************************53**************************

The legacy of Woody. The growing of our team.

Fixed.

• Like 1

53 wins with this team, in this conference, and an extremely disappointing first round before a historically bad second round is nothing to hang your hat on. Woodson is simply not a good head coach. You know you suck when your shining moment was a first round series where you lost 4 of the 7 games in humiliating fashion.

Woodson wasn't the only problem, but you're (still) kidding yourself if you think we could ever accomplish anything great with him as our coach.

\

Funny how Clyde leaves out the playoff record.

Why don't you post the Hawks win/loss record in playoff road games?

• Premium Member

Ot: Woody's twin Mike Brown was just fired to lol..

So says SI and ESPN. Plain-Dealer says that's not accurate, and the Cavs front office denied it. Smells like a couple national sites are hoping to look like they got a "scoop" by reporting what seems like a safe bet, even though they don't have a solid source. Sadly, that's their usual M.O. It's also the mentality that led to "Dewey Defeats Truman."

Edited by niremetal

\

Funny how Clyde leaves out the playoff record.

Why don't you post the Hawks win/loss record in playoff road games?

Once you get to the second round, teams either have an elite player or a great team. We are a very good team with without SS or PG/C. You are not going to beat a Dwight Howard team without it.

So says SI and ESPN. Plain-Dealer says that's not accurate, and the Cavs front office denied it. Smells like a couple national sites are hoping to look like they got a "scoop" by reporting what seems like a safe bet, even though they don't have a solid source. Sadly, that's their usual M.O. It's also the mentality that led to "Dewey Defeats Truman."

Oh Ok, I just saw the ESPN report ,if he's not gone today. He will be soon..

• Premium Member

Once you get to the second round, teams either have an elite player or a great team. We are a very good team with without SS or PG/C. You are not going to beat a Dwight Howard team without it.

What elite player kicked our *ss in the first round, where we damn near got eliminated?? Thank goodness the playoff format was changed or we would have been even more embarrassed than we already were. 11 - 18 with a margin of defeat of -9. I dare you to find a single team with a worse playoff record in the last three years. Hint: There isn't any.

HALLELLUJAH!!

Also, the worst sweep in the long history of the NBA is Woodson's legacy. That and the 10-2 (I believe) road playoff record with 90% blowouts. And the longest tenure of any coach ever with absolutely no offensive system and no adjustments. And the utterly unwatchable diet of Iso-Joe at the end of every game.

I'll temper my optimism until we know the replacement, but it can only be an upgrade unless we go for an assistant.

I'd like to see Jeff Van Gundy come in.

Edited by Lascar78

Smoove is the first player to comment on the firing:

Hawks forward Josh Smith said the team’s decision to part ways with Woodson despite his success is a sign of the higher expectations for the franchise.

“It feels good to know we are not just satisfied with just being the eighth seed or improving every season,” he said. “We got expectations of going to the playoffs every year and being a difference-maker in the playoffs. The organization has everything going in the right direction.”

Smith is the only player on the roster for all of Woodson’s six seasons. The two had a sometimes-contentious relationship but Smith said they had worked out an understanding.

“It was rough starting out, but everything was smooth sailing a couple of years ago once we finally figured out what we wanted out of each other,” Smith said. “You just hate to see somebody you came in the game with leave like this.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2010/05/14/woodson-wont-return-to-coach-hawks/

I'm looking to see if Joe or Al has responded yet as well..

I don't know if he's happy he's gone, or if he's like . . . "OK . . well we had to do something". I wonder which one he'd rather have gone . . . Woody or JJ?