• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would yall welcome Sheldon Williams?

bigjmw84

He would be an inexpensive upgrade to our depth in the frontcourt. At 6-9 255 he could add interior defense and good rebounding. He has averaged about 4pts and 3reb's in just 11 minutes of play. I dont think he will come in and be a 15 and 10 guy, but i think he could be a 9pts and 7 reb player if given 15 or so minutes between the 4&the5.

• Premium Member

Yes, since we know the owners are not gonna spend money Sheldon Williams is a good pickup. I've always liked him and yes he was picked to high but we need toughness and rebounding off the bench.

Sheldon would solve a frontcourt problem for us.

He would play better than Joe Smith & Collins

Matched up against Howard, Bosh, Perk...I do not think so. We need a big with size to fill in when Horf or Smoove need a blow; not another big without size. Howard would not even know Sheldon was guarding unless he tripped over him running back down court.

Edited by Buzzard

Shelden Williams is a bust. But I would still take him for the minimum, even for higher than that. He's solid, and if you use him right he could find a nice role.

He would be an inexpensive upgrade to our depth in the frontcourt. At 6-9 255 he could add interior defense and good rebounding. He has averaged about 4pts and 3reb's in just 11 minutes of play. I dont think he will come in and be a 15 and 10 guy, but i think he could be a 9pts and 7 reb player if given 15 or so minutes between the 4&the5.

LOL . . what?

9 and 7 in 15 minutes? Since when has Shelden produced at that high of a level? He might not average 9 and 7 if given 25 minutes of play.

Shelden highly disappointed me while he was a Hawk. The one thing I thought he could do, was bring some toughness to the team. He played soft as hell while he was in Atlanta, even letting Solo steal playing time away from him. He's better than Joe Smith or Jason Collins . . but just barely.

• Premium Member

For the league min I would. He is a big body that can bang and has some skills. I have seen when given some consistent pt he can contribute a little bit. He is better then Collins and Morris

X100

• Premium Member

LOL . . what?

9 and 7 in 15 minutes? Since when has Shelden produced at that high of a level? He might not average 9 and 7 if given 25 minutes of play.

Shelden highly disappointed me while he was a Hawk. The one thing I thought he could do, was bring some toughness to the team. He played soft as hell while he was in Atlanta, even letting Solo steal playing time away from him. He's better than Joe Smith or Jason Collins . . but just barely.

I was ready to say yes until Sheldon reminded my why I was so happy to see him traded. He's probably one of the worst players in this year's playoffs.

Edited by NineOhTheRino