• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jason Collins expects to resign with hawks!

JTB

Geez some of you are so intent on hating on the ASG that you can't appreciate what is at the very least a decent move. Just because Woody chose to ignore his bench and use Collins doesn't mean that he can't help this team. And like it or not there aren't many bigs available to sign that are better than him. I pray that this isn't the only move we'll make towards having some size next year and this is far from exciting, but I like hearing that we re-signed him a lot more than I'd like hearing he signed with someone else.

Plus Collins will give Shaq someone to bang with in practice next year :angel19:

• Like 3

Geez some of you are so intent on hating on the ASG that you can't appreciate what is at the very least a decent move. Just because Woody chose to ignore his bench and use Collins doesn't mean that he can't help this team. And like it or not there aren't many bigs available to sign that are better than him. I pray that this isn't the only move we'll make towards having some size next year and this is far from exciting, but I like hearing that we re-signed him a lot more than I'd like hearing he signed with someone else.

Plus Collins will give Shaq someone to bang with in practice next year :angel19:

man you are telling the truth! Collins may be the best Big left besides Shaq so this actually is a decent move to get him plus he honestly probably could have helped horford and smoove lastyear on the rebounding but like you said he didnt get any minutes cause of woody! Im glad we got him back personally! I mean just cause we got him doesnt mean we have to stop here! ASG needs to get shaq too!

If we are lucky enough to get Shaq something tells me he will practice as much as Allen Iverson did in Philly.

honestly probably could have helped horford and smoove lastyear on the rebounding but like you said he didnt get any minutes cause of woody!

Collins is a terrible rebounder, and you can't really blame Woody for not playing a guy who was not in shape.

Sund should confirm that Collins is in shape, before he offers him a contract.

What does Jason Collins bring to a team? He can't rebound, defend, score, pass, shoot ft's and he can't even run the floor.

What CAN he do? I mean, even Preist Lauderdale and Greg Anderson were better than Jason Collins. The last time he contributd to a team in the slightest bit was 2004:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jason_collins/career_stats.html

I don't agree with Hotlanta much, but we definitely agree on this. Jason Collins is one of the most useless players in the NBA. He had a PER at center last year of 0.95

LOL . . how do you have LESS than a 1 PER? That's almost impossible to do. That means that you're doing almost nothing on the court. He's not even rebounding. And people expected Woody to pay that scrub more?

I would bet that all of those 2nd round scrub centers that we passed up, are all better than Collins.

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Jason%20Collins

I would bet that all of those 2nd round scrub centers that we passed up, are all better than Collins.

They would be better, have more potential, and cost much less.

At least in my opinion Collins better than Morris. I remember last game in 09/10 season vs. Cavs then Jason played 15+ minutes ant scored 12 points (if I remember well) and 8 or 10 points were scored by jumshoots from 15ft and 18ft. And remember, Larry Drew is not the Mikki Woodson, he's different coach.

Drew>Woody

Woody=Mike Brown=worst ever

• Moderators

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/atlanta-hawks-are-poised-to-win-the-jason-collins-sweepstakes.php

Jason and Jarron Collins are truly perplexing NBA players. They dig up roster spots, year after year, despite being essentially useless on a basketball court. They have no post game (they seem to have enough trouble just catching and finishing). They're very poor rebounders. They don't stand out defensively. They're just two seven-footers and high-character teammates, which seems to be enough to earn a yearly NBA salary. They don't catch your eye on the court, they don't show up in the box score, and they aren't favorites of advanced stats.

~lw3