• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Drew's post-press conference: Comments about player's off-court activities

hawks21

The Hawks are playing better on the road than they are at home. Drew's somewhat cryptic comments revolved around what are players doing on their days off ---here in ATLANTA. Is there drama going on with certain players that is causing multiple players to play tentative, scared, and sluggish.

Is someone threatening one of the players or did someone place a large gambling debt with a LOCAL bookie? Is there a psycho girlfriend making threats here in atlanta and she is in the stands? This is extreme, but the Hawks poor play at home is a SIGN. Something is wrong, and obviously the COACH DOESN'T KNOW and is searching for answers.

• Premium Member

The Hawks are playing better on the road than they are at home. Drew's somewhat cryptic comments revolved around what are players doing on their days off ---here in ATLANTA. Is there drama going on with certain players that is causing multiple players to play tentative, scared, and sluggish.

Is someone threatening one of the players or did someone place a large gambling debt with a LOCAL bookie? Is there a psycho girlfriend making threats here in atlanta and she is in the stands? This is extreme, but the Hawks poor play at home is a SIGN. Something is wrong, and obviously the COACH DOESN'T KNOW and is searching for answers.

Titty-bar hangover most likely

I heard on the radio this morning that some of the players are hosting parties with incoming teams. If this is true, the guys responsible need to get their priorities straight. Basketball first (it is their occupation) and party in the offseason.

I'm pretty fed up with this team. The listless play at home is inexcusable.

I heard on the radio this morning that some of the players are hosting parties with incoming teams. If this is true, the guys responsible need to get their priorities straight. Basketball first (it is their occupation) and party in the offseason.

I'm pretty fed up with this team. The listless play at home is inexcusable.

Thats just ridiculous. If true, then someone needs to do something about this. Replace one of our "core" players with someone like Reggie Evans who the rest of the league clearly hates. Our team has no mean streak. (note I said if true, I am not accepting it as true)

JJ gets a stripper pregnant, then lets her move in with him right as he signs a $140 mill contract. Living with any pregnant woman is tough.....much less one who recently quit being a stripper to dig for gold.

That is the only drama I know about it. You can often times tell alot about a man by the company he keeps.....especially his wife / "baby's momma."

I hope its not JJ but his game has been off most of this season.

They have a scheduled afterparty with the Wizards and Keri Hilson on Thanksgiving. Hopefully the coach will get it unscheduled because it's beyond ridiculous. These guys want to be glamorous divas it seems, but first you have to play well enough for people to come see you instead of trying to rub elbows with these lame actors and "music artists" who won't come to Phillips unless a team with a real star attraction is in town. Pathetic.

• Premium Member

There's been a rumor that this team frequents show modeling clubs but idk. Personally unless Magic City and friends are unleashing a new breed of intergalactic mind-controlling strippers I d rather take my talents elsewhere. I mean....I like tna just as much as the next man but at some point that bs has to get redundant.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

They don't see other teams as the enemy. And really I don't see why they should. They are professionals playing a game for a living and they have fully guaranteed contracts. The ownership doesn't see this as a championship contending team or else they would have spent the MLE to upgrade the roster. I fully get why the players take advantage of their situation.

They don't see other teams as the enemy. And really I don't see why they should. They are professionals playing a game for a living and they have fully guaranteed contracts. The ownership doesn't see this as a championship contending team or else they would have spent the MLE to upgrade the roster. I fully get why the players take advantage of their situation.

So it is OK for them to completely give a piss poor effort on the home court because the ownership didn't spend the MLE? Really? What about the paying customer who EXPECTS and DESERVES a full effort for the price of admission. What about the the advertisers paying the bill on television and radio, don't they deserve an effort that gets people watching and listening?

So it is OK for them to completely give a piss poor effort on the home court because the ownership didn't spend the MLE?

They are paid to show up regardless of how well they play. Its not very smart to give out contracts like that to guys who aren't self motivated but thats not the players fault. Its up to the fans whether they want to pay to watch the product that the players put out. I think it would be perfectly acceptable for fans to stop showing up to games once ownership makes it clear that the team is not trying to compete for a championship.

Fans wish that players hated opposing teams as much as the fans do- but seriously... what reason do they ahve to hate each other? They are millionaires on guaranteed contracts paid to play a game for a living. To me the more shocking the ones that are truly driven even though they have with 50 million dollars in the bank and 5 more guaranteed years than the guys who want to take advantage of their money and go out and party after the game.

Edited by spotatl

• Moderators

As long as they keep each other's mothers outta this, then it's all good! ;-)

Really, hope there's no stripper drama, but if they can hold off on the extracurricular activities long enough to win an NBA title this season, all their VIP lap dances during the lockout will be on me! (I'm guessing I'm safe with this offer, though...)

T-Pain and Mike Jones' song can't get out of my head now. "I'm N Luv..."

(overheard in July...)

A$G: We wanna offer you $120+ million over 6 years.

Joe: Say, can I get that in crumpled fives?

~lw3

Felllas this isnt high school anymore -- they are grown men and are allowed to do what they want to do as long as they bring it when the lights are on. That is what a pro does.

If their performance is hampered because of off-court activities that is when it becomes an issue.

• Premium Member

Felllas this isnt high school anymore -- they are grown men and are allowed to do what they want to do as long as they bring it when the lights are on. That is what a pro does.

If their performance is hampered because of off-court activities that is when it becomes an issue.

Isn't that exactly what's happening right now? :question:

Agreed jhay...but that is the problem with guarranteed contracts. When it becomes an issue, there is little that can be done.

• Moderators

We are at the point of their on-court performance being hampered. Whether it is because of this or something else, it is time to focus on their performance and screen out the distractions.