• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So did our chances to best ORL just improve or just get reduced?

sturt

Orl just destroyed themselves lol and I love it . Our chances of winning the division just improved dramatically.

Jameer is your pg and you bring in 3 more guys who all need the ball to effective .

Does this mean they now let Hedo play point forward again ?

Is Arenas going to play sg ?

whose going to come off the bench ? 14 million dollar jrich or 17 million dollar Arenas ?

what happens to Redick ? Duhon ? Jwill ? Qrich ?

I luv it roflmao

About Arenas:

Gilbert Arenas volunteered to come off the bench as the Magic's sixth man on Saturday, saying he believes that Jason Richardson and Hedo Turkoglu should start at SG and SF, respectively.

Duhon and Q-Rich or just one of them will be traded for back-up center.

Also, I read somewhere that JJ will be traded, too.

P.S. Suns made Chillz available.

Something that you shouldn't ever forget....

Basketball is a game of matchups.

3 yrs ago, in the playoffs. We took the Celtics to a 7th game. When those same Celtics played the lakers, they beat them convincingly in 6. Does that mean that we're better than the Celtics?

Last year, we swept the Celtics in the regular season. They went on to the championship finals. Does that mean that we were good enough to go to the championship finals?

Basketball has always been about matchups.

The answer to the question is that Orlando lost a lot of guys who we struggled against. VC, Lewis, and they moved guys like Redick and Nelson to the bench. That gives us a better shot at beating them.

1.That was 3 years ago.

2.The team hasn't played with that level of passion since.

3.Boston sort coasted throughthe season last season. This year Boston is looking for the sweep.

The Bucks nearly took this team out when they had almost no front court. Last time I looked, Orl still has Howard.

We have already seen the best this group of players have to offer and it wasn't good enough to get this team by anyone that was any good and nothing has changed this year. This team isn't even as good as last year. It took Orl playing the worst ball they could play for this team to pick up the win.

Also, anyone that doesn't suck has been a bad match up for this team.

• Premium Member

Arenas off the bench is no threat. The dude, even in his prime, was a volume scorer. Only way you can have a productive Gilbert is by playing him starters minutes and giving him the green light. Just like Iverson, the guy is never going to thrive as a role player. Jason Richardson is an upgrade over Vince Carter, no doubt about it in my mind. Not a massive upgrade but definitely an upgrade. Turkoglu is crap. But they essentially swapped Rashard for him (who is also crap) so to me on that front it is a push. Thing that is strange to me is the fact they would give up Gortat... Now they don't have a backup C. Overall, I'm not sure how this trade makes Orlando better, seems like a whole lot of roster shuffling for at best a marginal talent upgrade. Not worth it to me IMO.

Our chances to best ORL are slim (at best) if we continue playing like this. The Hawks are just horrid right now. We can't afford to lose to the Nets or any other bad team if we want to be ahead of the Magic.

Agreed. This teams got no heart at all besides Horford. Its time to make a move and get rid of Smith to bring in out dominant center or pg bc with this team were going nowhere.

• Premium Member

Exactly, the top teams in the East have great frontcourts and all the Magic did was weaken theirs while muddying their backcourt. They added more guys that will take shots away from Dwight while also killing some of his spacing to operate in the post. Shard was valuable to their team because he could stretch the floor and adequately defend opposing PFs. Bass doesn't have the range that Shard had and he's not as tall, Phoenix already failed with their experiment of Hedo at the 4 and Ryan Anderson is inconsistent against everyone but us. I've yet to mention the importance of having a guy that could continue to defend the paint at an elite level when Dwight went to the bench in Gortat. They've gone from the luxury of always having a defensive anchor on the court to Malik Allen...this just screams of Washington's moves two summers ago.

My only fear is that they could flip Jameer for Marcus Camby, THEN the league will have a serious problem on their hands.

Yep... Orlando made a business move. They got out of Shard's contract. They got something for Vince now. Chemistry wise...

In the words of CJ...

Those freakin' people...they have no idea how to run a basketball team. All they did was weaken a team . That's all they did. They put their season in danger. Sweet dreams, son.

Anyone who thinks Gilbert coming off the bench won't develop into a problem sooner than later doesn't really know Gilbert do they? With that said, I hope Jamal comes back ASAP because there's no hope without him. Just Al fighting for his life, Josh shooting jumpers, and not much else.

• Moderators

I don't know the answer to this but I find the whole trade fascinating. I think Gilbert has the potential to be a disaster at his price. If he is taking shots away from higher efficiency scorers that is a good thing for us and we all know he can't play D. Richardson and Turk stink at D as well which is nice for us, too. We need to attack the basket and try to get Howard in foul trouble to beat this team. There is no doubt in my mind that should be our first option on nearly every possession.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I don't know the answer to this but I find the whole trade fascinating. I think Gilbert has the potential to be a disaster at his price. If he is taking shots away from higher efficiency scorers that is a good thing for us and we all know he can't play D. Richardson and Turk stink at D as well which is nice for us, too. We need to attack the basket and try to get Howard in foul trouble to beat this team. There is no doubt in my mind that should be our first option on nearly every possession.

Yes. Its the most obvious thing in the world and not that hard. The dude is a foul machine. Sure he only gets called for every fourth one but that just means you have to attack him that much more. Smoove and Horf are athletic enough to do that.