• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks-Jazz

lethalweapon3

Have the Hawks EVER blown out the Jazz in Utah before? I sure can't remember a game like this.

Considering that that was like the 2nd win there in the Jerry Sloan era I can't imagine anyone has seen a game like this before.

Jordan showed some tricky dribbling too with his splitting the double and dishing for a Mo corner 3 and his drive and slam on Fesenko.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally a great win. The Orlando wins were nice, but this was a complete game. I hope this was a sign of good play to come and not just a hot shooting night.

Also, those Utah fans complained more than any other arena I can remember. Every possession they were up in arms about something. I give them credit for endurance, but come on.

Edited by High5

Finally a great win. The Orlando wins were nice, but this was a complete game. I hope this was a sign of good play to come and not just a hot shooting night.

Also, those Utah fans complained more than any other arena I can remember. Every possession they were up in arms about something. I give them credit for endurance, but come on.

Utah fans are mad that they not getting enough of that home cooking that they've been used to over the past decade. Jazz used to be unstoppable at home especially with that crowd in the past now the refs just tune them out.

That was a great game for the Hawks. The run that the Jazz went on to start the 3rd would have destroyed past Hawks teams; instead, our guys just stayed with the motion offense and responded. I don't know if I've seen this rednition of the Hawks absorb a hot 3rd quarter by the opposing team on the road like they did last night.

JJ's play is certainly showing why he's the offensive center piece of the team. He really does make the team better.

Horford's play was nice. I agree with Ex, he still needs to learn more about post play. That spinning thing he does is not very effective. Al should be drop-stepping. he has all the tools to do that. But this is a nit pic to a very, very good win.

Did anyone else see Bibby waving to the crowd as he went to the bench in the 4th. I wonder what the crowd was saying to him? He didn't have a big scoring night, but he certainly lead the offense.

I'm sure Marvin being out is why JJ and Crawford were a combined 9/14 from 3.

No, but he's usually just out there in the way. Not to mention Josh causes all kind of matchup problems at the 3. Marvin isnt a matchup problem for anybody. It also allows Horford to play pf nd not have to bang with bigger centers. Edited by terrell

No, but he's usually just out there in the way. Not to mention Josh causes all kind of matchup problems at the 3. Marvin isnt a matchup problem for anybody. It also allows Horford to play pf nd not have to bang with bigger centers.

When Smith is at the 3 it frequently creates a matchup advantage for the other team. Smith only scored 12 pts last night. AK had 19 and he only averages 11.

Horford doesn't score any more at the 4 than at C. He was 4-14 from the field against Sactown. he only scored 8 against the Clips. He didn't do much against Jeff Green when they played OKC either.

Last night Utah started Jefferson and Elson who are both natural centers. That is why Horford was able to get so many open jumpers. At the 4 he doesn't get all those open looks.

It was full and loud. The fans were fustrated with the team and the refs.

Worst make up call of all time (and the worst overall call I have seen this year) had to be after Deron complained he had been fouled on a drive (I believe by Mo)...Horford gets the ball next time down and simply gets run in to by a Jazz defender - and the call went against AL. It was amazing - and so obvious.

Kudos to AL for just taking it with an incredulous look on his face.

Otherwise....awesome game! We need to shoot lights out more often...it's fun! :biggrin:

Teague must be really deep in LD's dog house - he played less than 3 minutes in a blow out.

I don't care what Drew is thinking or claims about "matchups"...him not playing any more than he did in that blowout (pretty much from the 3rd quarter on) was retarded.