• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ZAZA ON THE MOVE

QuantumHawkz

Ok good.- The way the Hawks are playing, I would take any trade right now...

But...

Am I the only one to think we're not deep enough at the SG and the SF position?

wilkins held it down last night!!..but another vet sg wont hurt

Edited by marion706

I doubt Marvin getting traded. We will probably have to offload him with Smoove in a packaged deal. The need for backup centers is epic in the NBA right now.

• Like 1

I hope he's packaged with Marvin for Kaman... doesn't he expire next season? Isn't that what we want? A center and cap room for 2012?

Yeah, that'd be great. Then Josh absolutely HAS to play the 3 and Damien is his only backup... And for Kaman? No thanks.

I'm not hoping for a whole lot in return for Zaza, I just hope whichever "veteran big" we're shooting for is actually serviceable unlike Zaza or Etan (and now Armstrong).

Cleveland, IMHO.

Cleveland could use him (and Marvin). Same with Milwaukee. But the Kaman trade makes the most sense.

Personally, I'd love a deal that nets us Bogut but I think that's just a pipe dream. Another possibility is Okafur. But in all those scenarios, adding Marvin or others to the mix is required and unfortunately next year's cap situation is a problem. Next year, right now, the Hawks have 64 million committed to just 7 players. Any multiplayer deal that brought us back 1 player or a player plus an expiring is not healthy.

This is JJ's contract and Jamal's non contract coming back to bite us. Keepers not under contract next year (and not included in the figure that is just 8 million short of the luxury tax are) Crawford, Wilkens, Armstrong, Collins, Sy. I'm not saying we keep them all but Marvin's 7.5 million and JJ's 18 million next year (combined) make up 47% of our current cap and 37% of the current luxury tax. That makes it very hard to get better or trade for someone. Trading 2 contracts for one would only magnify the cap problem. Best I can figure, we're about 4 million short of retaining Jamal as things stand (figuring Jamal gets 7.5-8 million next year from someone).

IMHO, the best answer is to use the 2013 first, Marvin/Zaza for Bogut and filler or Crawford, Marvin, Zaza for . But I can't see Milwaukee going for it. Best possible for Milwaukee I could come up with is something like this

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/5865623

they get younger, better but lose a franchise big man. We are swapping maggette from marvin in this deal and Zaza/craw for bogut...other is just filler. Now this could work but Milwaukee would want a pick and it would have to be 2013's now.

FYI, I'm not saying this is going to happen, I'm just pointing out how tricky JJ/Marvin's contracts are making things now.

How about this.....

ZaZa Pachulia, Jamal Crawford and Josh Powell or Etan Thomas for Antawn Jamison, Parker, and Manny Harris

This only works if Cleveland is desperate to rid themselves of Jamison's contract. This does give them even more capspace this season and a serviceable center for this year and the next 2.

Hinrich/Teague/Sy

Johnson/Parker/Harris

Williams/Wilkins

Smith/Jamison/Powell

Horford/Collins/Armstrong

Replace Craw's bench scoring with Jamison, Parker, and Harris' . To me, that's a net improvement. You also land another large contract that expires after 2012 season.

• Premium Member

I hope he's packaged with Marvin for Kaman... doesn't he expire next season? Isn't that what we want? A center and cap room for 2012?

Never been much of a Kaman fan, but he looked pretty good last night after the Hawks game went off and I switched over. He is pretty mobile and he chewed Blale Griffin out one time!