• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jordan Crawford is balling in Washington already

GameTime

• Premium Member

10 points (5-9), 2 steals, 2 assists in 16 minutes so far.

My brother just texted me the same thing from up North. It was to be expected, to be honest. The kid will produce with more time on the court. I wish the Hawks could've thrown in some other filler besides J Crawford in that trade.

The Wizards aren't playing for nothing. They can play Jordan, we couldn't.

Al Harrington has made a very fine living off of playing "well" on bad teams.

Get the point????

So did Jamal Crawford before he came here. Call me me crazy but I believe Jordan could put up Craw's numbers given Craw's minutes. But if that is what we needed to get Kirk we had to do it IMO.

• Like 3

Lateral Move, with the ability to go downhill fast. I wish Jordan the best. He is most likely better than anything we can get in the draft and cheaper than anything we can get in free agency to replace Jamal who we will not be able to resign and I don't want resigned. These moves hurt more than help, but it takes some too long to see that.

Edited by Superiorblogman
  • Like 1

The Wizards aren't playing for nothing. They can play Jordan, we couldn't.

I dislike this kind of logic. Lakers, a contending team, found a way to include shannon brown in the rotation. How about San Antonio with Blair and Dallas with Barea and that other small point guard the covet, Bouboeios(sp?)?!

Teague is showing us much more than salim and Acie ever did with us. I just don't understand why we have coaches that are that married to veterans when a jolt in the lineup was clearly needed.

Jordan could have blossomed during those nights JC1 and JJ were abysmal but Woody and LD are just too darn stubborn. Championship teams always look for any spark they can get. It doesn't matter where it comes from.

Jordan can work on his D, I truly think he will be a nice starter next to wall. At least Sund is drafting better than BK. Teague and Jordan are at least showing flashes. Can't wait till Pop Secret joins in at point guard next year. He will be the tallest point in the NBA.

• Like 3

I dislike this kind of logic. Lakers, a contending team, found a way to include shannon brown in the rotation. How about San Antonio with Blair and Dallas with Barea and that other small point guard the covet, Bouboeios(sp?)?!

Teague is showing us much more than salim and Acie ever did with us. I just don't understand why we have coaches that are that married to veterans when a jolt in the lineup was clearly needed.

Jordan could have blossomed during those nights JC1 and JJ were abysmal but Woody and LD are just too darn stubborn. Championship teams always look for any spark they can get. It doesn't matter where it comes from.

Jordan can work on his D, I truly think he will be a nice starter next to wall. At least Sund is drafting better than BK. Teague and Jordan are at least showing flashes. Can't wait till Pop Secret joins in at point guard next year. He will be the tallest point in the NBA.

Shannon Brown isn't a green rookie with the 6th man of the year and a top 3 SG in front of him. Just a top 3 SG in front of Shannon, the other option is Luke Walton, enuff said.

Teague should have been getting PT. I don't why he wasn't. Something tells me Bibby had a lot to do with that.

Jordan just can't help us win games. Can he score,yes but the rest of his game is nothing right now. Before you say, isn't Jamal one dimensional. Yes and no. Yes, if your looking at his one major strength which is scoring and no since he doesn't have a lot of major weaknesses. Just two of them to be exact: Individual defense and BBIQ. Jordan would have been great to keep but for Hinrich, that can give a shot to even contend.

Jordan has a opportunity since the Wizards are so flawed. Their starters are have low BBIQ and don't play as a team. Their bench is pathetic and their coach is lost coaching a bunch of knuckleheads in a pro league. They have to grow but Jordan will get his chances.

It all really comes down to this question, would Jordan of made the Hawks better 2-3 years from now than Kirk will make us now? My answer is that at best it would be a wash and that this team is not in the position anymore to have bright hopes for the future, we have to live in the now. It's just the price you pay for doing business. We wouldn't be the first veteran team with a closing window that has had to trade prospects away for more proven players and we surely won't be the last.

• Like 2

The worst part of this trade is how much of our future we gave up. Teague is the only player we have with any potential to dramatically improve his game. Plus we've seen Ownership fill the bench with scrubs, not young players with any kind of potential.

Edited by HawksBalla
  • Like 1

Shannon Brown isn't a green rookie with the 6th man of the year and a top 3 SG in front of him. Just a top 3 SG in front of Shannon, the other option is Luke Walton, enuff said.

Teague should have been getting PT. I don't why he wasn't. Something tells me Bibby had a lot to do with that.

Jordan just can't help us win games. Can he score,yes but the rest of his game is nothing right now. Before you say, isn't Jamal one dimensional. Yes and no. Yes, if your looking at his one major strength which is scoring and no since he doesn't have a lot of major weaknesses. Just two of them to be exact: Individual defense and BBIQ. Jordan would have been great to keep but for Hinrich, that can give a shot to even contend.

Jordan has a opportunity since the Wizards are so flawed. Their starters are have low BBIQ and don't play as a team. Their bench is pathetic and their coach is lost coaching a bunch of knuckleheads in a pro league. They have to grow but Jordan will get his chances.

Really? Shannon Brown received no playing time with the bobcats before being traded to the lakers with Adam Morrison. You didn't have a rebuttal for my other examples such as the ones I used for Dallas and San Antonio. How instumental were Sasha and Jordan Farmer during their second years in helping Lakers win a title? Those guys had low BBIQ like most rookies or any NBA player that lack any significant amount of playing time, but look at the contributions they made in their roles on those teams.

If we aren't going to have the necessary cap space to sign quality bench players, wouldn't it be smart to develop our young guys so they could help out the team in some or more capacity than these scrubs we keep signing. It will be almost equivalent to signing our own free agents because I am confident we would be able to discover someone very serviceable despite the history of our luck in the draft.

I am just tired of the "We don't have time to develop him because he is on a contending team" excuse. Thats a load of crap.

• Premium Member

The worst part of this trade is how much of our future we gave up. Teague is the only player we have with any potential to dramatically improve his game. Plus we've seen Ownership fill the bench with scrubs, not young players with any kind of potential.

It was excessive. But we are very, very, much in the just win worry about the future when we get to it mode. It's not like we were gonna pick a star in the late 20's, and I don't really see Jordan Crawford developing into anything more than a Ronald Murray type of player. If Hinrich/Teague can make us into an elite defensive team we might have a chance this season or next at making the finals, especially after Boston's inexplicable trade of Kendrick Perkins for the Marvin Williamesque Jeff Green, and Miami's absolute lack of depth inside and at PG. It remains to be seen how we will match up against the Bulls who have really been ballin' all year long... but as it stands, if this trade has the impact that was hinted on friday against the Warriors we may actually have potential to be a Detroit Pistons caliber defense, and I very much like our chances against Orlando, Miami, or Boston.