• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So what's the deal with Josh and Kirk?

Admin

I'm sick of Josh. It didn't take this long to realize he still has yet to change this season. He is the most inconsistent player on this team by far and away, he's a god damn cancer and its too bad we have committed so much money to him. On top of that, our owner's think he is amazing so you know we are stuck with him for the foreseeable future.

I hope Kirk chews him out in the middle of a game, he's the only player on this team who might stand up to him. Everyone on this team is an enabler to his continual cancerous actions on this team.

• Premium Member

I guess the Hawks haven't had a PG in so long, they've forgotten how to use one. Smith's behavoir has no place on the court. I'd trade Smith and let LD go with him for allowing it.

Agreed 300% with the bold.

Okay I was wrong on the time it was earlier in the quarter and here are some screenshots to show what I'm talking about ...

Josh-ignoring-Kirk.jpg

Good eyes on the bench play as I didn't catch that one. Smoove may be more of our future than Hinrich, who replaced Smoove's boy and all, but that doesn't mean that he should just give him the cold shoulder and try and freeze him out like that.

I tell you I love our versatility but there are so many times that I find myself saying I wish we had a more traditional team with bigs that played in the paint and a PG that ran the show.

Those pics almost look photoshopped ha ha. Can you believe this? And as for the discipline part, how do you know Josh isn't disciplined during practice. I don't remember Woodson doing much "in-game" punishing of Josh. I don't see Phil Jackson do much in game punishing of Ron-Ron. I just don't see all this authoritarian coaching on stars(Josh is a star on our team). Someone please show me the discipline.

Those pics almost look photoshopped ha ha. Can you believe this? And as for the discipline part, how do you know Josh isn't disciplined during practice. I don't remember Woodson doing much "in-game" punishing of Josh. I don't see Phil Jackson do much in game punishing of Ron-Ron. I just don't see all this authoritarian coaching on stars(Josh is a star on our team). Someone please show me the discipline.

Well technically they were photoshopped to add the text but other than that they're legit.

Well technically they were photoshopped to add the text but other than that they're legit.

of course the text, but Cap'n Kirk looks like somebody inserted him there and he was never part of the play. Like that bad commercial that has been running with the guy shooting the 3 and then he wakes up. Somebody should send this MC at the AJC and see if he'll look into it.

Edited by sultanofatl

Back and to the left. How did Smoove get the ball to begin with. There's 24 seconds on the shot clock. Was he standing right next to Kirk and the ball was inbounded ot him? I don't understand.

He got a long offensive rebound off of a 3pt miss by Teague and then ran to the top of the key

of course the text, but Cap'n Kirk looks like somebody inserted him there and he was never part of the play. Like that bad commercial that has been running with the guy shooting the 3 and then he wakes up. Somebody should send this MC at the AJC and see if he'll look into it.

Good idea ... I would like to see what he thinks about that play

• Premium Member

So far I've only had time to watch the 1st quarter of the Blazers game and outside of that amazing 12 seconds from Teague we looked pretty bad, at least offensively, but there was a series of plays that really bothered me. First when we were on offense Josh had the ball and had Kirk standing next to him asking for the ball and Josh completely ignored him and then turned the ball over attempting a stupid pass. Then on defense immediately after Kirk gets knocked down trying to take a charge and gets called for the foul but he falls next to Josh and from what I can tell Josh didn't even try and help him up. Kirk went out of the game at that point with 2 fouls so I haven't seen them back on the court again together yet in that game.

So the question is did anyone else notice this (sorry if it's been discussed but I've been away from the computer this weekend) and do you guys think there is a problem between the two of them?

Oh and damn I can't wait to see Jamal playing for someone else next year!

Man i thought i was the only one who saw this! What josh was doing? i dont know, but you saw how he turned the ball over that same play with that boneheaded pass. "Nique" said he didnt know why josh was bring up the ball and not the PG's on the fastbreaks. Josh did alot of things in that game that would have any other player on the bench, but you know LD won't do it, Why? because he and josh was close when woody was here. Now that LD is the head coach, he thinks he can do what ever he wants.This is really starting to get old.How much longer do we have to put up with this? P.S Josh got a tech. for bitchin about a call, sad thing is that i heard him in my living room.

Things like this make me worried with Teague trying to transition as point guard. He's much less willing than Kirk to demand the ball and even he couldn't get it.

Drew says Teague needs to demand it but if a veteran like Kirk is even having issues, it's on you as coach to step in and do something.

Other things you'll notice by breaking down #5:

-He never throws an outlet pass.

-He throws a TON of one-handed passes.

-He throws a TON of cross-court passes.

-He does not have basic fundamentals like a chest pass or a bounce pass.

-He can't dribble well at all.

-His one-on-one defense is not very good. His footwork is poor and he leaves cushions.

It is fairly obvious that, to this point, #5 has never had a coach actually teach him anything and the ship may have sailed on him ever learning the basics of the game. You can tell his coaches just threw him out there in HS and it worked because of his athleticism. Throw in Woody and LD...the ULTIMATE enablers, and you have an undisciplined player who buys way too far into his own hype and puts on displays like the one pictured.

What he needs is a strong dose of reality. I wish we could ship him off to a summer basketball camp where they make you work on defense, free throws, passing, etc. More than anything, he absolutely needs someone to tell him when he is doing something wrong.

Poor Kirk...trying to play smart...he's is so far in over his head on this team.

• Like 4

Things like this make me worried with Teague trying to transition as point guard. He's much less willing than Kirk to demand the ball and even he couldn't get it.

Drew says Teague needs to demand it but if a veteran like Kirk is even having issues, it's on you as coach to step in and do something.

This isn't even the first game it has happened which is just crazy. Other players do it too I can't show the examples like DolFan, but the coach definitely needs to do something. The player denying the PG the ball usually turns it over or jacks up some stupid shot, it sucks to watch.

• Premium Member

Other things you'll notice by breaking down #5:

-He never throws an outlet pass.

-He throws a TON of one-handed passes.

-He throws a TON of cross-court passes.

-He does not have basic fundamentals like a chest pass or a bounce pass.

-He can't dribble well at all.

-His one-on-one defense is not very good. His footwork is poor and he leaves cushions.

It is fairly obvious that, to this point, #5 has never had a coach actually teach him anything and the ship may have sailed on him ever learning the basics of the game. You can tell his coaches just threw him out there in HS and it worked because of his athleticism. Throw in Woody and LD...the ULTIMATE enablers, and you have an undisciplined player who buys way too far into his own hype and puts on displays like the one pictured.

What he needs is a strong dose of reality. I wish we could ship him off to a summer basketball camp where they make you work on defense, free throws, passing, etc. More than anything, he absolutely needs someone to tell him when he is doing something wrong.

Poor Kirk...trying to play smart...he's is so far in over his head on this team.

All of this is right. One other thing is that Josh probably intimidated every coach he has had. I think he did that in HS and probably here. He made himself valuable here with his blocks and dunks so we never had a coach to bench him.

Unchecked... that kind of me firstness will run a muck.

Even Micheal Jordan submitted to Phil Jackson and his team philosophy. If Josh wants the glory like MJ, he better start being like MJ.

If Josh had a quarter of the IQ, toughness and willingness to play within a system that MJ had he'd be perennial All-Star.

All of this is right. One other thing is that Josh probably intimidated every coach he has had. I think he did that in HS and probably here. He made himself valuable here with his blocks and dunks so we never had a coach to bench him.

Unchecked... that kind of me firstness will run a muck.

Besides all the coaches that don't select him for the All Star game coach K also bounced him very quickly from Team USA for pulling the same crap. As long as he's in Atlanta and the coaches are dependent on the owners paying their salary then Josh will be able to do whatever he wants without consequence. Honestly, if your owner thinks you are the next best thing to Lebron then there's really no one else in the organization that could point out to you otherwise. Woody had tried in the beginning but once his job started to be in jeopardy he had to reach a compromise between getting Josh to play the way he wanted and ignoring the times he chose to freelance. It just is what it is until we get new ownership or a coach that the owners value more than certain players.

• Like 2

josh doesn't care, end of story. Kirk probably tried to explain to Josh what his role should be and Josh probably took offense to it and had a response like, "i been doin me for years b4 you got here, nobody else seems to mind so you shouldn't either."

MC should inteview Josh on his thoughts about KIrk since the trade and Kirk on how he likes playing with an athlete like josh to see their reactions lol