• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What were you wrong about?

Wretch

Reading these posts has reminded me of a few more.

I thought Rondo would struggle in the pros because of his poor outside shooting. His shooting still sucks, but he came into a situation where he didn't have to be a good shooter.

I thought Darko would end up being a good PF/C. He has the tools, maybe he caught Marvinitis.

• Premium Member

Sothron- I do think its pretty funny that in a thread talking about what you got wrong you still felt the need to say how much you got right.

I thought that was the point. Show what you got wrong and show what you got right.

Guest Walter

1) I wanted Brandon Roy (What an awful turn of events for him.) over Shelden Williams but I hated the idea of Shelden Williams so much I even wanted (a true center) Saer Sene over him. I was at least right about how awful Shelden Williams was.

2) Wanting Yi or a trade of the pick over Horford. Yikes.

W

I remember talking about how great larry drew was going to be for this team and how his new offense would be just what we needed.

I never thought josh would become an outside shooter.

I thought JJ was going to put up huge numbers this year.

I thought it was going to be marvin's breakout year.

Now that I read it, it seems to be similar to everyone else

Geez, where do I start?

• I thought Al Horford was nothing but a Shelden Williams. I thought Yi was the best choice.
  • I thought Crittenton was the right choice for the #11 pick(instead of Acie). Neither really produced, but I would gladly take Acie.
  • I thought the Hawks should have drafted Marcus Williams or Brandon Roy (would have been the best choice) with the #5 pick. I thought Shelden sucked (I was right) and I thought Rondo was going to be mediocre.
  • I thought Speedy was a steal when we first got him.
  • I thought Salim Stoudamire was going to be a solid NBA player.
  • I thought Mo Evans was going to bring the same type of production Josh Childress gave us.
  • I thought Lorenzen Wright was a good signing (RIP).
  • I thought Josh Smith would eventually mature and become a deadly force in this league.
  • I said I would trade Horford before I would trade Josh Smith (before last season!)
  • I thought attendance would greatly improve after the Celtics playoff series.
  • I thought that firing Mike Woodson was going to solve most of the problems. Not even close. This team has full of holes.
  • I thought Josh Powell was going to be a darkhorse signing.
  • I honestly didn't think Joe Johnson was going to re-sign with us.

That's all I can think of. Pretty bad actually. That's why I'm more careful of what I say now. That's why I'm not completely jumping in the Jeff Teague bandwagon. That's why I'm not completely jumping off the LD bandwagon. That's why I'm not completely jumping off the Joe Johnson bandwagon.

I was wrong for hoping we'd get the #1 pick in 2005 so we could draft....Andrew Bogut. I said explicitly that he'd be a Brad Daugherty type center, averaging 18 and 12 in his prime. It wasn't a completely awful prediction, come to think of it, but still wrong. Weird thing is, I had a dream 2 weeks before the draft that we got the 2nd pick and drafted Paul. When we actually did get the 2nd pick, it was eerie...but then we picked Marvin.

I was wrong for saying Acie was the 4th best PG the year we drafted him (behind Conley, Stuckey, and Crittenton). He was actually 3rd best. Crittenton was 4th best.

I was wrong for saying Sheldon could be a 12/10 big man. Mind you, I wanted Brandon Roy and was actually excited when he "fell" to us. Also wanted Millsap that draft, though I never thought he would actually be far, far better than Shell....just like an 8/5 backup PF.

Larry Drew's Offense......

Josh Smith's Shot Selection......

Joe Johnson returning to form after January.......

Marvin Williams breakout year.........

Etan Thomas actually getting some minutes.....

Our offense being better than our defense.......

Teague getting consistent minutes throughout the year.....

Jamal Crawford doing even better than last season.....

LARRY FREAKING DREW..........

• Premium Member

Acie Law. Ball don't lie!

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

I have been wrong so many times I cannot remember them all.

Marvin, was seeing him as 18 and 6 or better by now when we picked him.

Chilz thought he could play SG when we took him and would be a solid scoring starter

Smoove, was on the fence because we needed a PG and Jameer Nelson was still on the board when we took him

Those are my big three wrongs under BK but I am a homer and always think the one we take will be at least a starter.If we would have taken Deron or Paul, I would not have been a hater. Thought that draft class was very deep and no matter who we took between those three we had us a sue fire big time starter for years to come. Wrong answer as far as Marvin goes. I liked the Ivey and Acie picks as well. About the only picks I flat out did not like were Shelden and Pape.

Edited by Buzzard