• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone else think this is the series where Teague turns the corner?

Admin

There aren't many examples that come to mind with my bad memory but I seem to remember T-Lue being a player that stepped up in a huge way in the championship series against Iverson. I don't remember much about T-Lue before that but he made a name for himself in that series. Hopefully Teague can do the same!

Yea.....He came to mind also but his time here just gave me a bitter taste.

I have the same feeling. Teague is a baller. I hope LD gives him freedom out there and doesnt replace him so quickly. No Dwight so i dont see why Teague cant take it to the hole and make D Rose work on both ends of the court.

Yeah right. LD will yank him faster than you can say JAMAL.

We dont have to start Collins we can start Zaza and that gives us someone active who wants to be in the paint .

Start Zaza against Noah this gives Al a matchup against Boozer who is hurting and josh now has a matchup against Deng who really is not used to playing post players . In other words give the Bulls something they havent seen and get bigger in the lane . This also allows for better more effective screening across the board for both JJ and Teague

The Bulls play Kurt Thomas at backup center when he comes into the game we now move Al to center and we go the high pick and role instead of trying to have Al post up one on one a great post defender.

When Marvin comes in off the bench he is matched up against Deng who played 40+ mpg in the last series the Bulls backup SF is basically Ronnie Brewer or Korver who Marvin both have advantages against in the post .

Agreed. I'd go Teague/JJ/Josh/Al/Collins or Zaza. That JJ/Marvin/Josh/Al lineup has played out. No more of that shizz. Please!

• Premium Member

I have to call this like I see it and give the truth.

Teague is going to have problems with Rose.

Teague is turnover prone and has been since College.

Teague doesn't have pure PG attributes.

Teague hasn't gotten enough PT over the last 2 yrs to breakout.

However, LD has to stick with Teague through his mistakes.

Crawford can't guard Rose. In fact, Crawford may allow Joe to move to the three.

Without Hinrich, this series becomes 10 times harder for us. Hinrich kept the balance. To expect Teague to do the same is wishful.

I would actually expect this to be a breakout series for Damien Wilkins before Teague...

What Teague will have to deal with Defensively is ISO-Rose...

ISO Rose is definitely hard to stop. Rose has an assortment of spin moves and moves to get him to the cup.

Against Indy, for the first 3 games, Rose lived on the FT Line:

21, 13, and 15... those were his attempts from the line.

I consider Collison a very good PG and a good defender. Indy had to figure out how not to foul.

The truth is Rose is not that great a shooter. His main asset is using his speed to get to the basket. Teague is fast.. but can he defend the assortment of moves that Rose has?

The dangerous players for the Bulls are Deng and Korver on the three point line. This is where Sorry Marvin scares me.

• Moderators

Maybe Teague can put a little pressure on the offensive end and draw a few fouls on Rose. All I know is that watching Jamal read the back of Rose's jersey over and over again is giving me nightmares. I'm not sure who will be guarding Rose if Teague isn't in there. I don't think Damien can keep up with him.

We dont have to start Collins we can start Zaza and that gives us someone active who wants to be in the paint .

Start Zaza against Noah this gives Al a matchup against Boozer who is hurting and josh now has a matchup against Deng who really is not used to playing post players . In other words give the Bulls something they havent seen and get bigger in the lane . This also allows for better more effective screening across the board for both JJ and Teague

The Bulls play Kurt Thomas at backup center when he comes into the game we now move Al to center and we go the high pick and role instead of trying to have Al post up one on one a great post defender.

When Marvin comes in off the bench he is matched up against Deng who played 40+ mpg in the last series the Bulls backup SF is basically Ronnie Brewer or Korver who Marvin both have advantages against in the post .

LOL. Since when is Josh Smith a post player??? He thinks he's a 3-point assassin. Deng will have the easiest defensive assignment of his life. Unless something happens to make Josh Smith angry, all he is gonna do is stand around at the 3-point line hoping that somebody passes him the ball so he can prove to the world that he's one of the best shooters in the league.

LOL. Since when is Josh Smith a post player??? He thinks he's a 3-point assassin. Deng will have the easiest defensive assignment of his life. Unless something happens to make Josh Smith angry, all he is gonna do is stand around at the 3-point line hoping that somebody passes him the ball so he can prove to the world that he's one of the best shooters in the league.

LOL well Im operating under the premise that Josh will realize that he wont have a experienced post defender on him and will have learned his lesson from last series .

I have to call this like I see it and give the truth.

Teague is going to have problems with Rose.

Teague is turnover prone and has been since College.

Teague doesn't have pure PG attributes.

Teague hasn't gotten enough PT over the last 2 yrs to breakout.

However, LD has to stick with Teague through his mistakes.

Crawford can't guard Rose. In fact, Crawford may allow Joe to move to the three.

Without Hinrich, this series becomes 10 times harder for us. Hinrich kept the balance. To expect Teague to do the same is wishful.

I would actually expect this to be a breakout series for Damien Wilkins before Teague...

What Teague will have to deal with Defensively is ISO-Rose...

ISO Rose is definitely hard to stop. Rose has an assortment of spin moves and moves to get him to the cup.

Against Indy, for the first 3 games, Rose lived on the FT Line:

21, 13, and 15... those were his attempts from the line.

I consider Collison a very good PG and a good defender. Indy had to figure out how not to foul.

The truth is Rose is not that great a shooter. His main asset is using his speed to get to the basket. Teague is fast.. but can he defend the assortment of moves that Rose has?

The dangerous players for the Bulls are Deng and Korver on the three point line. This is where Sorry Marvin scares me.

Since when has jamal not being able to guard someone stopped us from playing him there ?

We didnt NOT play jamal at point in 2009 when we went 3-1 he was playing the point in all those games along with Bibby matched up against Rose and back then we didnt fear Rose and everyone got time guarding him but at the end of the day we didnt change who were were to play them .

Jamal against the Bulls in 2009

4 games

32.8 mpg

7.0-13.8 .509 fg%

2.8-5.3 .524 fg%

20 pts 3 apg 3 rpg

Rose in that same situation

23 ppg 5apg 2 apg on 47%

Rose has improved but we cannot beat them if we try and change who we are to do it .

At a certain point its going to come down to jamal giving us quality minutes on Rose to expect Teague to do it seems like a team trying to create excuses .

• Premium Member

Since when has jamal not being able to guard someone stopped us from playing him there ?

We didnt NOT play jamal at point in 2009 when we went 3-1 he was playing the point in all those games along with Bibby matched up against Rose and back then we didnt fear Rose and everyone got time guarding him but at the end of the day we didnt change who were were to play them .

Jamal against the Bulls in 2009

4 games

32.8 mpg

7.0-13.8 .509 fg%

2.8-5.3 .524 fg%

20 pts 3 apg 3 rpg

Rose in that same situation

23 ppg 5apg 2 apg on 47%

Rose has improved but we cannot beat them if we try and change who we are to do it .

At a certain point its going to come down to jamal giving us quality minutes on Rose to expect Teague to do it seems like a team trying to create excuses .

We both agree that Jamal is an offensive plus for our team.

Why do we want Jamal guarding a guy who is very good at getting the man who is guarding him in foul trouble?

Especially when Jamal's defensive presence doesn't begin to stop Rose's scoring?

I definitely think Teague is overrated on this board, but it was nice to see him play well tonight. Correct me if I am wrong, but he played the entire 2nd half?

Yeah,, I was thinking/hoping that Teague can break out. I could see him getting huge blocks, playing good defense, and maybe even his shot falls. Who knows, a big game like this could bring out the baller in Teague. Wish him the best. Go Hawks!

:saythat:

I guess some people dont see the potential Teague has. Teague will be a legit PG soon to come.

Edited by AHawks89

I definitely think Teague is overrated on this board, but it was nice to see him play well tonight. Correct me if I am wrong, but he played the entire 2nd half?

Yep. I don't recall him sitting a single minute in the second half. He did in the first half, and that is the only time Wilkins got to play to D up on Rose.

No.

Uhh, I meant yes.

Awesome series for the kid. I was absolutely wrong. He's bubbling over with confidence and giving us what we severely lacked all season: dribble penetration. Hinrich doing a good assistant coaching job too, always in his ear on the bench. Couldn't be happier for his coming out party. I swear he mirrors Rose on every outstanding drive to the hole.

• Like 1

This thread was right on the money. This Teague mix with the Jordan theme is starting to feel more and more legit

He's finally becoming the guy we thought he could be. Of course you forget sometimes it's only his 2nd year in the league. Kind of scary he's playing this well despite such little PT in the regular season and post-season going up against the MVP of the league and not getting any calls

How can a guy be overrated that really has no history? Teague is playing beyond my expectations to have been put in such a horrible situation by 2 coaches and a front office to some extinct. Nonetheless, everyone deserves the right to there own opinion. Let's Go Hawks!!!