• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looking forward to the 2011/2012 season

1. We have our PG in Jeff Teague

2. Hinrich should come off the bench and back-up Teague at PG and Joe at SG

3. We need to figure out a lineup and stick with it - no more rotating Josh and Al at SF/PF/C depending on matchups, which means we need to get a legit SF or C

4. Marvin has to go

5. If Josh is going to be the SF he needs to lose some weight.

6. Al needs to work on his footwork and get back into the post (we need a post presense), his 15 footer is nice but teams will prepare for it more next year so he has to learn the art of the pump fake and take it to the rim.

7. If we can get Jason Collins to lose some more weight, then he is welcomed back.

8. We need a center that can rebound and play defense and hustle, hustle, hustle and do all the dirty work.

9. We need a dead eye 3-point shooter to spread the floor which would help Teague w. penetration and Al in the post

10. I am torn on Jamal, he is so on and off - if we can replace his scoring then there is no need to bring him back.

I'm sure there are other things but that's my list and I'm assuming that Joe, Josh and Al will still be here.

Edited by jaybird

• Premium Member

Shoulda kept Jordan the future woulda been more interesting

I accidently neg you on one of the post, i ment to + you up . My bad

Our biggest issues were exposed in the playoffs:

1) we don't play smart....bad shot selection and not following LD's gameplan.

2) we don't play with energy every game - come out slow too often and fall behind early

3) we fold when we get behind

4) defense needs a lot of work - rebounding and effort need to be more consistent

5) Joe has to give into the team concept and stop trying to play the hero

6) too reliant on our PG's for scoring. Need more consistent scoring from the frontcourt

I think most of these issues are to hard to fix without changinf personell. Obviously we are stuck

with Joe, but we need to try and move Marvin and Smith and Jamal. We need to try this team with

a quality Center and Al at the 4. We seem like we are fighting within ourselves with Jamal and Joe

trying to get it all done themselves and the rest of the team trying to run the motion offense. We need

everyone on the same page. The Bulls played the same way night after night and won with consistent

defense. Not a bad plan to copy.

Edited by JackB1
  • Like 1

The Bulls played the same way night after night and won with consistent defense. Not a bad plan to copy.

I agree, the Bulls in many ways are following the Piston blueprint. They will probably win A championship with the current group, but not multiples. Rose can't be the only guy that scores night and out.

The Hawks either need to blow it up or make a huge trade to reconfigure personnel and attitudes.

• Premium Member

We have some serious problems with this team going forward.

The Al/Josh experiment has to end. One has to go for a real center. We need a low post player and a guy with size. This whole two guys who want to be finesse players is done. We need a real center.

The gaping, gaping, gaping hole at SF was totally exposed by the Bulls. When they kept double teaming Joe we had no one at SF that could step up and hit an outside shot or drive straight to the basket. Josh Smith is NOT a small forward and his horrible outside shooting only proved that point yet again.

This team isn't making it past the second round if we don't address these issues.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Giving up "he who's name shall not be mentioned" sucked. He is Jamal Crawford, but at 1/8 the price.

It would be a significant difference from Jamal-Atlanta-version to Jordan if for no other reason than Jamal 2010 TS% .573, 2011 TS% .545 and Jordan 2011 TS% .456. That is a huge gap.

• Moderators

"he who's name shall not be mentioned" played in 42 games and scored more points than he had FGA only 15 of 42 times. In 27 of 42 games, he scored equal or fewer points than his FGA. (That doesn't factor in the FTA which helped boster his points and clear that mendoza line a few times.)

Through 42 games, Jamal scored more points than he had FGA in 28 of those games and had 14 of 42 games where he scored equal or fewer points than his FGA.

Jordan shows promise but he has a ways to go.

It would be a significant difference from Jamal-Atlanta-version to Jordan if for no other reason than Jamal 2010 TS% .573, 2011 TS% .545 and Jordan 2011 TS% .456. That is a huge gap.

There are too many variables that skew these stats. Jamal plays with Joe Josh and Al, he should get better looks. Jordan is a rookie and Jamal is a veteran. Jordan just recently joined the wizards, Jamal has been with the Hawks for a couple of years so he knows the system.

• Moderators

There are too many variables that skew these stats. Jamal plays with Joe Josh and Al, he should get better looks. Jordan is a rookie and Jamal is a veteran. Jordan just recently joined the wizards, Jamal has been with the Hawks for a couple of years so he knows the system.

Bottomline is that Jordan usually takes more shots than he scores points. That is not a valuable skill. A lot of guys can score 12 points on 13 FGA.

He needs to develop significantly from where he was this season to be an impact player.

• Premium Member

Jordan is what? 19, 20 years old. He was getting better by the minute up there in Washington. Going forward I'm sure that gap will be shortened

• Premium Member

Seems your being a bit shortsighted. Number are numbers but remember you're comparing a vet to a rookie.

• Premium Member

Jordan is what? 19, 20 years old. He was getting better by the minute up there in Washington. Going forward I'm sure that gap will be shortened

Thankyou. Why the heck would you compare a 30 yr old seasoned vet to a 20yr old Rookie who only played half a season? The fact that you can even make that comparison shows the promise Jordan had. Dude only played about half a season after rotting on the bench and was amazing given the circumstances. We screwed up on that trade plain and simple. I like Kirk but it is what it is. But going forward, the draft is no longer a viable option so any moves we make will either be letting players walk, sign and trade, or just trades. Sund will have his hands full trying to figure out who stays and who goes and who we can add, especially since we don't have much wiggle room financially. I don't envy him.

Isn't "he who's name shall not be mentioned" the exact kind of player we are trying to move away from? We have plenty of scorers on this team as far as Iso. We need more team oriented guys and I'm sorry Jordan has shown me nothing to suggest he is one of those guys. We need more discipline on this team.

The point is that a .456 TS% is NOT good. AT ALL.

so jc2 still has to prove he can be an efficient scorer, not a volume shooter on a horrible team

yes, he's young and shows promise, but people saw some high scoring games and proclaimed him already a top player when the reality is that he's yet to show he can efficiently score, which is what is needed to be a good starter in this league

The Hawks need to get 2 of these unrestricted free agents. One Wing and one Big Man. We will be fine if we do this. I focused on only unrestricted free agents, but there are restricted players too.

Wings Players

Tier 1

Tayshaun Prince

Shane Battier

Caron Butler

Mickael Pietrus

Wilson Chandler

Tier 2

Jason Richardson

Rodney Stuckey

Al Thornton

Tier 3

Peja Stojakovic

Matt Barnes (P)

Josh Howard

Big Men

Tier 1

Yao Ming

Zach Randolph

Tyson Chandler

Samuel Dalembert

Nene Hilario

Tier 2

Chuck Hayes

Carl Landry

David West

Tier 3

Kwame Brown

Nazr Mohammed

Joel Przybilla

Troy Murphy

Kenyon Martin

Does anybody have any idea how much money we will have for free agents without Jamal?

I don't think the hawks have alot of money to spend, so I would target Mickael Pietrus & Samuel Dalembert. I think these are two guys that bring alot to the table that won't cost us a arm and a leg.

Pietrus is a gritty defender that slashes to the basket and can knock down the open three. I would start him at SF next year or move Joe to small and start him at SG. Unfortunately, Pietrus has a player option, so he may not opt out. If we can't get him, then I would go after Tayshaun Prince.

Samuel Dalembert is a player that can proctect the basket who will actually stay in the post. He is a limited offensive player, but is a decent (better than Zaza & Collins) rebounder and good help defender. He's also athletic enough to show on pic and rolls unlike our current backup big men.

If we can get Peja for cheap, I would try and sign him too. This will replace some of Jamals offense off the bench. He's not a ball stopper like Jamal, and that's a good thing.

Here's the list of free agents I used.

Free Agent List

Edited by ATLien_

• Premium Member

The point is that a .456 TS% is NOT good. AT ALL.

so jc2 still has to prove he can be an efficient scorer, not a volume shooter on a horrible team

yes, he's young and shows promise, but people saw some high scoring games and proclaimed him already a top player when the reality is that he's yet to show he can efficiently score, which is what is needed to be a good starter in this league

Dude, he had some REALLY impressive stretches with Washington. We get excited over 4 good games by Teague, but Crawford had 4-5 game stretches of 25 points and 5 assists on good shooting. Obviously not a sure thing but I guarantee you Washington fans are ecstatic about the move.

I am looking forward to the off-season. I want to see the new CBA. I want to see what the Hawks can do financially.

The Hawks need to get 2 of these unrestricted free agents. One Wing and one Big Man. We will be fine if we do this. I focused on only unrestricted free agents, but there are restricted players too.

Wings Players

Tier 1

Tayshaun Prince- Cost

Shane Battier-Going to a contender like Chicago

Caron Butler- Mavs

Mickael Pietrus- Possible

Wilson Chandler- Cost

Tier 2

Jason Richardson -going to a contender

Rodney Stuckey- Cost

Al Thornton- Possible but will cost the MLE

Tier 3

Peja Stojakovic - Mavs

Matt Barnes (P) - ???

Josh Howard- Could he really help us?

Big Men

Tier 1

Yao Ming -Cost

Zach Randolph- Resigned

Tyson Chandler- Mavs

Samuel Dalembert- Going to a contender

Nene Hilario- Nuggets

Tier 2

Chuck Hayes - Hou

Carl Landry - ??? but he will go to the highest bidder

David West- He's 1st tier and Nets

Tier 3

Kwame Brown - Meh

Nazr Mohammed - OKC

Joel Przybilla - Going to a contender

Troy Murphy - meh

Kenyon Martin - Nuggs

Does anybody have any idea how much money we will have for free agents without Jamal?

I don't think the hawks have alot of money to spend, so I would target Mickael Pietrus & Samuel Dalembert. I think these are two guys that bring alot to the table that won't cost us a arm and a leg.

Pietrus is a gritty defender that slashes to the basket and can knock down the open three. I would start him at SF next year or move Joe to small and start him at SG. Unfortunately, Pietrus has a player option, so he may not opt out. If we can't get him, then I would go after Tayshaun Prince.

Samuel Dalembert is a player that can proctect the basket who will actually stay in the post. He is a limited offensive player, but is a decent (better than Zaza & Collins) rebounder and good help defender. He's also athletic enough to show on pic and rolls unlike our current backup big men.

If we can get Peja for cheap, I would try and sign him too. This will replace some of Jamals offense off the bench. He's not a ball stopper like Jamal, and that's a good thing.

Here's the list of free agents I used.

Free Agent List

Just the MLE and our pickings look slim. The Hawks MUST resign Jamal at the least. The rest just depends on other potential moves and trades.

Edited by nbasuperstar40