• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Warriors looking to trade Monta Ellis for a big

GameTime

• Admin

Huh? Horf disappeared the second half of the season and the playoffs. Without Smith we wouldn't have beat Orlando.

What are you talking about? Did you watch the series....we won in spite of Smith. After Marvin he was LVP in that series

Contradictory statements.

We won playoff games because of JJ and Jamal . . . going ISO. Team ball is great. It's just with the current construction of players, team ball isn't necessarily playing to our strengths.

So we're back to square 1.

Because Monta isn't a true PG, people don't want him . . despite him being an upgrade over Jamal offensive wise.

I don't know man.

I guess it's status quo for us next season. Let's hope Teague turns into Rondo. If he doesn't, I guess we'll just let another season go by without making a move.

By the way, Monta was BK's guy, but he settled for Salim.

Because Monta isn't a true PG, people don't want him . . despite him being an upgrade over Jamal offensive wise.

Well I don't think it's so much that people don't want him, but rather they don't want to trade Josh for him. At least that's where I'm at. And yes he is an upgrade over Jamal, but Jamal is here, and we don't have to trade off one of our better players in order to get him. All it would take to keep Jamal here is money.

I am all for trading Josh for Monta because Monta is just as young with just as much star potential, but with a more defined game. If we are really looking for more structure and stability Monta is better than Josh. Monta plays the same way against everyone, while Josh even though I like him a lot, settles way too often, Monta can get to the rack and score against PG's or SG's. With guys like Westbrook and even Rose taking 25 shots on the regular, I don't see how people could be worried about Monta playing PG, heck let Joe run the offense since he does not have that go to scorer mentality anyway and he has played PG before.

• Like 1

Maybe switching to the SF position will help Joe, because he'll have a speed/quickness advantage over most SFs in the league. In fact, I thought that was his original position with the Suns, but maybe we switched him because of Marvin ? Not that I think Monta Ellis is the best option, but he would be a good option. I think I would rather take Iguodala. He brings defense and I think he would be an excellent compliment to Teague and Joe. We would still need a starting center, but I sure wouldn't mind having Iguodala on this team.

The Warriors have discussed a Monta Ellis trade with the Bulls, Hawks, Grizzlies, Magic and Lakers in addition to the Sixers, sources tell the San Francisco Chronicle.

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Jun 8, 10:00 AM

Interesting... :secret:

Why are you guys saying if we get Monta Ellis would he take the 6th man role? Are you SERIOUS? He would not only be our starting PG, but he would be our new leading scorer and STAR.

PG: Monta Ellis

SG: Joe Johnson

SF: Marvin Williams

PF: Al Horford

C: ? Assuming we traded Josh Smith for Monta Ellis

6th man: Kirk or Jamal

Teague

Zaza

Wilkins

Free Agent

That starting line up beats the hell out of what we have had over recent years. Monta Ellis is one of the BEST SCORERS this league has to offer.

Another reason I like this is because when Joe needs a rest you can just slide Monta over to the 2-guard and Teague comes in. Very speedy back court

Edited by AnthonyI11

I'm seeing that a lot of you guys don't understand that Monta needs to play the SG position paired next to a big PG that can guard opposing SGs, because Monta can't.

I.e. the starting lineup would be

Kirk

Monta

Joe

Horf

C (I guess Beidrins if included)

with Teague being that spark off the bench being able to sub in for either guard

I don't know that I want to touch Ellis to be honest. Just not that efficient, even if he is fun to watch.

A couple of trades however that work in the Trade Machine:

Ellis/Biedrins

for

Josh/Marvin

or

Ellis/Biedrins/Dorrell Wright

Josh/Kirk

Ugh. Nevermind, as much as I'm pro-trade JOsh to improve the team, I'm not sure Ellis is it.

Monta/Jeff/Earl Watson

Joe/Afflalo/Pape

?/Jimmy Butler/Damien

Al/Reggie Evans/Rolle

Dalembert/Biedrins/Collins

We would still need a SF if we could trade Kirk to Sac for Dalembert in a sign and trade, but without a doubt Monta is starting PG. Playing Monta at SG and Joe at SF is not a playoff caliber lineup. The whole reason to move Al to PF is to get bigger, stronger, and tougher you would be defeating that purpose by moving Joe to 3 and letting Monta play SG.

Keep Josh dump Al..Horford is over rated and Za Za in a starting role could give us 13/8 with consistent minutes..which would be close to Al's production..Imo Josh has more upside..Horford Jumper is about as good as it can get and his mechanical post game want improve and plus he has proven that he is better as an undersized center than a Pf..