• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Warriors looking to trade Monta Ellis for a big

GameTime

heard today that Monta prefers to play the point which i think hes better at imo

if the trade was Josh/Marvin for Ellis/Biedrins

Ellis/Teague/Pape

Joe/Kirk

FA/Damien/Pape

Al/Reggie Evans

Biedrins/Zaza

is not that bad

Where you hear that? I hope so because he should definitely be PG if it goes down

Where you hear that? I hope so because he should definitely be PG if it goes down

somewhere on google i remember seeing it while looking at the rumors today.. it said "Ellis prefers to play the point"

but i honestly think if we made that trade hinrich/monta backcourt would be the best at times

• Premium Member
League sources said the Warriors also have discussed Ellis, among a variety of other players, in trade talks with Atlanta, Chicago, Memphis, Orlando and the Lakers. Executive board member Jerry West said at his opening news conference last month that the Warriors needed to be willing to take risks, and the most obvious gamble would be breaking up the backcourt of Ellis and Stephen Curry.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/06/07/SP621JQSF0.DTL#ixzz1OmACiWSI

Dieselputer spits out that this trade will only happen with another team involved. David Lee.

Still.

The fact that we're entertaining talks means that we must have somebody we're trying to move.

I don't know if it's Smoove. David Lee is in GS. Why would they want Smoove. Moreover, Mark Jackson has publicly professed his hate for Smoove.

So here is my question for Hawks fans... and I hope the mods just don't get swept away with the title...

Is Horford an untouchable in Atlanta?

Does Horford make up what we need in the future?

What is your hope for Horford in the next 5 years?

• Premium Member

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/06/07/SP621JQSF0.DTL#ixzz1OmACiWSI

Dieselputer spits out that this trade will only happen with another team involved. David Lee.

Still.

The fact that we're entertaining talks means that we must have somebody we're trying to move.

I don't know if it's Smoove. David Lee is in GS. Why would they want Smoove. Moreover, Mark Jackson has publicly professed his hate for Smoove.

So here is my question for Hawks fans... and I hope the mods just don't get swept away with the title...

Double whammy...already threaded and really a trade idea.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Really, somebody already has asked about the outlook of the Hawks and Horford? Really?

If you didn't get it. I don't think we should persue Monta at all. This is not about him.

This is about our plans for the future as it relates to Horford.

It's absurd to think that we would be in trade talks with a team looking for a big. We need a big.

It's even more absurd to think that we would be in trade talks for another guard.

However, what does that say about our relationship with Horford or Smith?? That's my point. I always was a little tongue and cheek when it came to a Horford or Smith trade because I don't expect our leadership to give up either it's market cow or it's young allstar...

However, that being the case, how untradable is Horford?

What is our future if we keep Horford?

What will he be PF or C?

I didn't see none of that in those other threads... All I saw there is " Let's trade Smith and ............: for ................." "Let's trade Joe for ......:"

All that's well and good and there is a place for that.

However, what is Horf to us...

That is not a trade question. Had you done more than read the headline, you would have never responded the way you did...

Thank you for your attention though.

Edited by Diesel

We will see what happens in the new cba. Watching Horford get manhandled by the Bulls front court and then subsequently seeing said Bulls front court get manhandled by the likes of Haslem, Anthony and Christina Bosh I would have to say Horford is very Touchable. Under the new cba will Horford and Marv be able to bring back lets say a Monta and a decent big? Only time will tell.

This is the offseason and we have no 1st round pick, what the hell else is there to talk about but trade ideas?

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

We will see what happens in the new cba. Watching Horford get manhandled by the Bulls front court and then subsequently seeing said Bulls front court get manhandled by the likes of Haslem, Anthony and Christina Bosh I would have to say Horford is very Touchable. Under the new cba will Horford and Marv be able to bring back lets say a Monta and a decent big? Only time will tell.

This is the offseason and we have no 1st round pick, what the hell else is there to talk about but trade ideas?

Aside from a trade.

If we were to keep Horf... What do you see his role as?

Does he eventually move to the PF and become a pick and pop Pf?

Do we keep him at C because he's more effectively offensively there and try to find a low post PF to tandem with him?

I'm glad that you presented his playoffs. He was hard to watch.

Horford and Smith are talents as PF / SF (Smith) and PF / C (Horf). The Hawks move up the standings is mostly due to Horford arriving and Smith maturing into what he is. It's hard to replace either of them and upgrade the team.

I have an idea that the best possible move is to keep both and look for the C that will complete our main PF / C rotation of C, Horf and Smoove. Smith can start at SF or the C comes in and Horf and Smoove rotate down. Something like: Horf 26 minutes PF and 8 C, Smoove 22 minutes PF and the C getting his full minutes at the 5. Few minutes for the back ups (Collins).

Of our 3 best players, I'd move JJ first. Horford or Smoove would have to be a sure thing.

I'd also get Smoove a coach who could teach him to act like a pro. It would transition to his game.

Still.

2 words: Poison Pill............ I guess you don't know to much about it.........

I believe that was for only the 2010-2011 season.

That is correct but it still technically applies until July 1st I believe because that would be the official end of the 2010-11 season. Had we traded Al it would mean that we would of had to take back a 10 million dollar salary which wasn't happening giving our cap situation and the ASG unless it was a bonafide star which was also unlikely. What Sasuke probably means is that Horf would become BYC in 2011-2012 (or even 2012-13 if it's a prolonged lockout) meaning that he would have to be traded with filler to match Monta's salary.

i thought horf is a byc player and couldn't be traded for s***.

monta makes 11 million, so a trade would likely include marvin or josh.

if josh is traded, his trade kicker (if it is still in effect) would jump up to roughly 15 million (if memory serves correctly).

mavin is at 7.5 million, so you are gstate you would have to add either teague (to help replace monta) to add 1.5 mil to bring the total up to 9 million or add zaza (to add a big which is what they want to do) which would add 4.75 million for a total of 12.25 million. theoretically, marvin could play either as a sf or pf, plus he's a northwest coast guy. i only see gs do this if they can't get anything better from anyone else, because i think they are going to trade monta one way or another.

not to get completely o.t., but pau gasol may be made available per THIS ARTICLE. i think it's basically being pulled out of the air speculation, but says if they search for a big name player, pau would likely be available. and guess what? both pau and jj earn just over 18 million next season. jj gets to be kobe's robin.

would anyone trade marvin and zaza for monta, and then jj for pau?

monta/kirk/teague as our guard rotation

josh/horf/pau as our forward rotation

• Like 1

That is correct but it still technically applies until July 1st I believe because that would be the official end of the 2010-11 season. Had we traded Al it would mean that we would of had to take back a 10 million dollar salary which wasn't happening giving our cap situation and the ASG unless it was a bonafide star which was also unlikely. What Sasuke probably means is that Horf would become BYC in 2011-2012 (or even 2012-13 if it's a prolonged lockout) meaning that he would have to be traded with filler to match Monta's salary.

This

Trading Horford would automatically make us bigger because essentially we would be trading an undersized pick and pop center..the belief that we would be trading big for small is untrue because we would basically be trading a guy that is undersized for his position..people forget that Pachulia was an 11/7 guy as a starter and has since made improvements offensively with the development of his left hand which has made him much more effective finishin around the basket..if we keep Collins then we will have insurance against Dwight Horward who is the only center that outright dominates Pachulia(it should be noted that Horford provides little resistance against true centers as well)..Horford 15/9 would be replaced with 13/8 from Pachulia and not to mention the 25 a game we would gain from Ellis..The hawks as constructed would be a much better team with Ellis over Horford..The true question that the hawks face is whether or not the hawks need more bangers or more perimeter go to scoring with the ability to get to the line...I think we need perimeter help more than banging because Horford isn't a shot blocker banger anyway and is only preventin the team from having that type of player on the floor with his minutes at center..MONTA IS THE ANSWER PEOPLE!!!

i thought horf is a byc player and couldn't be traded for s***.

monta makes 11 million, so a trade would likely include marvin or josh.

if josh is traded, his trade kicker (if it is still in effect) would jump up to roughly 15 million (if memory serves correctly).

mavin is at 7.5 million, so you are gstate you would have to add either teague (to help replace monta) to add 1.5 mil to bring the total up to 9 million or add zaza (to add a big which is what they want to do) which would add 4.75 million for a total of 12.25 million. theoretically, marvin could play either as a sf or pf, plus he's a northwest coast guy. i only see gs do this if they can't get anything better from anyone else, because i think they are going to trade monta one way or another.

not to get completely o.t., but pau gasol may be made available per THIS ARTICLE. i think it's basically being pulled out of the air speculation, but says if they search for a big name player, pau would likely be available. and guess what? both pau and jj earn just over 18 million next season. jj gets to be kobe's robin.

would anyone trade marvin and zaza for monta, and then jj for pau?

monta/kirk/teague as our guard rotation

josh/horf/pau as our forward rotation

Interesting. I like the idea of a Gasol trade, at least in theory. If we were to trade Joe, in my opinion that would be one of the most palatable ways for us to get out from underneath his contract and still get a hell of a player in return. The Monta Ellis trade, I'm not nearly so high on.

Is Horford tradable? Definitely so.

The Al Horford fans has had the same excuse for yeras: He's playing out of position, if he played the PF position he would be a 20/10 guy.

Wrong. I've said from the get go he is not athletic enough and is to mechanical to play the PF, but he has the advantages of playing center because he is quicker than most centers, and can use that jump shot to an advantage. As much as I like Horford, he is not that hard to replace. We can get a guy in here and pick up more boards than Horford, and actually do all the dirty work. We don't THAT many points from our center. I'd like to see a Center who we can pass to, and has good low post moves. We have people who can score. We need a hard nose center who loves doing all the dirty work. I'm telling you, people wouldn't even notice he would be gone if we picked up a decent center who actually does what centers are suppose to do. But hey, it's just my opinion and people will hate me for it. I've called a lot of things right these past few years, and I think I'm right on this one. We'll see.

This post is not about trade for Ellis; however, depends on the players in return.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

It would be a great move financially as well because if we could package Horford/Williams for Ellis/D. Wright..this would allow the team to not have to resign Jamal Crawford because we could use Jeff Teague as the new 6th man because he has proven this playoffs that he is a capable player..and when Hinrich comes off the books we would have the cash to get a banger...

• Like 1

The Al Horford fans has had the same excuse for yeras: He's playing out of position, if he played the PF position he would be a 20/10 guy.

Wrong. I've said from the get go he is not athletic enough and is to mechanical to play the PF, but he has the advantages of playing center because he is quicker than most centers, and can use that jump shot to an advantage. As much as I like Horford, he is not that hard to replace. We can get a guy in here and pick up more boards than Horford, and actually do all the dirty work. We don't need many points from our center. We have people who can score. We need a hard nose center who loves doing all the dirty work. I'm telling you, people wouldn't even notice he would be gone if we picked up a decent center who actually does what centers are suppose to do. But hey, it's just my opinion and people will hate me for it. I've called a lot of things right these past few years, and I think I'm right on this one. We'll see.

I agree and add a Monta Ellis to go with Joe and smooth and we would an exciting explosive team..we would have that player that could make plays and put pressure on defenses down the stretch..Joe has proven that being guarded one on one he is good for 20+..when he is doubled he struggles..but wit Monta if teams choose to double Joe u can go head and put 40 in the stat book...Monta's addition would make teams more honest..

• Premium Member

2 words: Poison Pill............ I guess you don't know to much about it.........

The Poison pill time is over. The three letters that you are looking for is BYC and there are many teams and several ways that that can be circumvented.

Wrong. I've said from the get go he is not athletic enough and is to mechanical to play the PF, but he has the advantages of playing center because he is quicker than most centers, and can use that jump shot to an advantage. As much as I like Horford, he is not that hard to replace. We can get a guy in here and pick up more boards than Horford, and actually do all the dirty work. We don't THAT many points from our center. I'd like to see a Center who we can pass to, and has good low post moves. We have people who can score. We need a hard nose center who loves doing all the dirty work. I'm telling you, people wouldn't even notice he would be gone if we picked up a decent center who actually does what centers are suppose to do. But hey, it's just my opinion and people will hate me for it. I've called a lot of things right these past few years, and I think I'm right on this one. We'll see.

This post is not about trade for Ellis; however, depends on the players in return.

Thanks for trying to get us back on topic...

I kinda agree with you.

I think Al moves to PF and loses 20/10 status because he'd spend much too much time away from the low post #1 and #2 he doesn't create for himself. At C, he uses his speed to get to positions where he can score. His defenders are less willing to follow him to the high post. And then sometimes he does go inside. If we were to get a big who could rebound, I see Horf being a 16/8 PF. Is that what we need?? If we get a PF who can play down low.. I see a better forecast for horf but there aren't many of those Horf's age.