• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Warriors looking to trade Monta Ellis for a big

GameTime

Jerry West made several comments where he discussed trading smalls for bigs.

I'm not a big fan of Ellis. He can't defend anyone. ATL folks would love his highlight offense but I'm not sure that he is a winner with our roster. any team with Ellis and JJ can kiss the mottion offense good bye.

He would be a perfect fit in Orlando with Howard since Howard could cover for his defensive lapses.

Edited by coachx

Monta plays more D than Steph Curry and can stop point guard penetration..Monta is more than capable of averaging 25/7 as a scoring point..he has the type of game that could provide relief for Joe on the perimeter and could occasionally play along side Teague wit Joe at the 3.. I would definitely drop an overated player in Horford for an underated player in Monta Ellis..He is a southern kid and would give the city of Atlanta the true superstar we have been lacking..

• Admin

I don't think Monta is a good fit here. He is an undersized sg and that is never a good thing. He is an excellent scorer though.

The iggy trade is excellent for for GS as they are getting size and defense to lineup next to Curry.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Monta Ellis will most likely be shipped to the 76ers for Andre Iguodala

Don't see it.

Why would a team with Jrue and Louis obtain Monta... unless, that is, one of those two were also part of a much larger trade?

Not sure why we were brought up...?

Monta plays more D than Steph Curry and can stop point guard penetration..Monta is more than capable of averaging 25/7 as a scoring point..he has the type of game that could provide relief for Joe on the perimeter and could occasionally play along side Teague wit Joe at the 3.. I would definitely drop an overated player in Horford for an underated player in Monta Ellis..He is a southern kid and would give the city of Atlanta the true superstar we have been lacking..

Horford is BYC making him near impossible to trade.

Ellis is no superstar. If he was legit superstar then the Warriors would have been in the playoffs and not the lottery. He is just a undersized, high volume shooter, that scores alot on a poor team. The problem with the ATL is that too many like flash over substance.

Edited by coachx

• Admin

Horford is BYC making him near impossible to trade.

Ellis is no superstar. If he was legit superstar then the Warriors would have been in the playoffs and not the lottery. He is just a undersized, high volume shooter, that scores alot on a poor team. The problem with the ATL is that too many like flash over substance.

I would never give Horford for Monta in a million years

• Like 1

It is clear that this current group has peak and significant chances need to be made by ownership to this roster...Not getting Monta Ellis would be a huge mistake..

:sarcastichand:

How many Ellis threads do we really need ? Nice job trying to disguise it.

This thread should be merged with the Ellis thread or just taken off the board all together for being redundant.

I think this team needs blue collar players who do dirty work. Not more undersized players or shot chuckers who cannot defend or do dirty work. To each their own.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 4

Jerry West made several comments where he discussed trading smalls for bigs.

I'm not a big fan of Ellis. He can't defend anyone. ATL folks would love his highlight offense but I'm not sure that he is a winner with our roster. any team with Ellis and JJ can kiss the mottion offense good bye.

He would be a perfect fit in Orlando with Howard since Howard could cover for his defensive lapses.

I wonder why people are so enamored with a "motion offense" that didn't work in ATL. Matter of fact, which of the final 4 teams in the NBA playoffs this year ran a "motion offense"?

You team Monta with JJ, and you now have one of the NBA's best backcourts that people can't constantly throw a double team at. There's your 1a and 1b that people have been talking about.

And we've been covering for weak defending PGs for years on this team. I'm sure we could cover for Monta's defense. Then again, Monta has never played alongside a 2 that defends as well as JJ either. So who knows if his defense wouldn't improve just from that aspect alone. Monta has more trouble defending bigger 2s, than he does defending quick 1s.

But bringing him in would mean that Teague would be the reserve or an afterthought. And the sentiment amongst most fans is that Teague is the next big thing . . based off of the 6 games he played vs Chicago.

I don't know.

Monta has an all-star caliber game that just hasn't been recognized yet. And I don't know which I would rather give up . . Josh Smith or Al Horford? If a move like that was made, it would be paramount to bring in a center that could at the very least rebound at a high rate. A guy like Dalembert would have to be a priority then.

ASG would never do a move like that though. Sund thinks "we're close" and he hasn't taken a major risk ( other than signing JJ to that mega contract . . . and even that wasn't a major risk ) since he's been in ATL

You making this thread was a huge mistake

• Like 1

I wonder why people are so enamored with a "motion offense" that didn't work in ATL. Matter of fact, which of the final 4 teams in the NBA playoffs this year ran a "motion offense"?

You team Monta with JJ, and you now have one of the NBA's best backcourts that people can't constantly throw a double team at. There's your 1a and 1b that people have been talking about.

A guy like Dalembert would have to be a priority then.

ASG would never do a move like that though. Sund thinks "we're close" and he hasn't taken a major risk ( other than signing JJ to that mega contract . . . and even that wasn't a major risk ) since he's been in ATL

It looks to me as if Dallas runs a motion offense. Kidd is directing traffic like crazy out there. Chandler and Marion are rarely standing still on offense. Dirk and JT are running and curling off screens plenty.

The triangle is full of motion that Phil Jackson ran. Even Kobe admits the Lakers are not at their best when he falls in love with isos causing his teamates do not get involved. Get Bynum and Gasol some touches in the paint and they all of the sudden start playing with more eneregy on defense.

Now iso plays are fine to close out a game, when you have a superior scorer, but that can't be your offense for 48 minutes.

I just don't see Ellis as a "PG" that makes those around him better. Will he put up allstar #'s ? Sure he will but I just don't see him as a winner.

Edited by coachx

It doesn't have to be Ellis..it could be Marvin for Childress..it could be Horford for Rudy Gay.. or Horford/Marvin for Derrick Williams/Beasley...there is mutiple f***in ways to blow the team up for all of u gettin your panties in a bunch..

It is clear that this current group has peak and significant chances need to be made by ownership to this roster...Not getting Monta Ellis would be a huge mistake..

Don . . I don't necessarily agree that the situation is that critical in ATL ( at least not yet ). And I agree that we don't need a billion threads on this subject. But I do agree with you from a mindset standpoint. It's funny how people don't think that the current team can win as currently constructed, but aren't willing to drastically change up the mix. In essence, they're co-signing the ASG's "no risk taking" stance. I guess if the talk was Monta for JJ, people would be all for it, so that we could keep Smith and Horford together.

To give up Smith or Horford, I would have to at the very least have a rebounding big to replace one of them. Without that, I don't know if I would risk the move. If I knew I could secure a PF like Kris Humphries ( 13.5 rebs per 36 minutes in New Jersey last year ) or a C like Samuel Dalembert ( 12.2 rebs and 2.2 blks per 36 minutes last year in Sacramento ) then I would make the move. It's all about balance folks.

Plus, from a PR standpoint, if we were to bring in Humphries, Kim Kardashian and all of her ATL girlfriends may show up to more Hawk games. LOL . . gotta think of this from all angles.

Edited by northcyde