• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks Free Agency

Guest Squawker

Guest Squawker

Just wondering who you guys think we should keep and let go.

In case you didnt know here are our unrestricted FA's

Hilton Armstrong

Jason Collins

Jamal Crawford

Josh Powell

Etan Thomas

Damien Wilkins

• Admin

Hilton Armstrong

Jason Collins

Jamal Crawford

Josh Powell

Etan Thomas

Damien Wilkins

With the exception of Crawford...they are all min players.

I think Collins and Wilkins (unless we can get a defensive wing who has some offense.) should be retained

• Premium Member

Hilton Armstrong

Jason Collins

Jamal Crawford

Josh Powell

Etan Thomas

Damien Wilkins

I would keep Twin and Wilkins for sure.

• Premium Member

Collins should be an obvious one, but I don't think Wilkins is a gimme because of Pape Sy.

Hinrich/Teague

JJ/

Marvin/Wilkins -or- Sy

Smith/Rolle

Horford/Pachulia/Collins

Kinda obvious that the Hawks need some guards. My guess is 1 combo guard (to replace Crawford), one wing, and one big.

• Moderators

Ron Artest

Shawn Marion

Kevin Durant

Lebron James

Luol Deng

Paul Pierce

These are the other starting SFs from the top teams in the league. This is a big weakness for us. I'm not sure how Joe or Josh stack up as full time SFs but not very well i wouldn't think. A SF who can score will take pressure off Joe and should keep Josh where he belongs.

So I'd only keep Collins and probably let Wilkens go. Try to find a starting 3 and let Marvin come off the bench or trade him if possible. If you can trade him then keep Wilkens as backup.

I'd also keep Powell, even tho I think Magnum Rolle will be a surprising impact next season.

Josh Powell:

- is also great friends/AAU buddies with Smoove and Dwight.

- still a very young, athletic big that can post, run, and rebound well.

- has Championship experience even though he had a limited roll, it's great experience nonetheless.

- had some very productive outings last year before his injury that pretty much slowed him the rest of the way.

So, I say Collins, Wilkins, Powell, and hopefully the CBA (or trade of Marvin) allows us to keep Crawford at reasonable price.

• Premium Member

Like everyone else, I'd like to keep Collins and Damien.

Am I the only person who remembers Josh Powell playing pretty well for us in the first few weeks of the season? What the heck happened after that?

Am I the only person who remembers Josh Powell playing pretty well for us in the first few weeks of the season? What the heck happened after that?

He got arrested and spent a night in jail. He was never the same after. What happens in lockdown, stays in lockdown.

• Premium Member

He and Drew had a dust up and he was suspended for a game. After that, he was glued to the bench. But he was playing well before all of that happened.

Well people are mentioning things that happened well after he was actually benched so I'll fill you in

He doesn't defend

Doesn't rebound

His jumper stopped falling after a hot start yet he continued chucking away.

That last type of behavior is only tolerable from players making money on the Hawks and not the bench whom Larry loved tearing into.

The team really needs to move one of its "core" players to fix the roster. Until we do that, i don't think we can effectively talk about the bench. But, of that group Collins and Wilkins are the best of the bunch, but that ain't sayin' much.

i think wilkins and collins are the only ones who are going to be kept. the rest can go. i would dump marvin too even if just for a late 1st/ multiple 2nd's

why doesn't zaza start?

teague/hinrich

JJ/sy

Smith/wilkins

horford/rolle

pachulia/collins

at this point playoff seeding doesn't matter, we're going to make the playoffs regardless so the FO needs to get their salaries in order.

Powell was pretty good last season and it shows how little some of these national writers know when they write that he is such a bum..the guy has some skills can post step out and hit the 15 footer and plays within the flow of the offense...Collins Wilkins and Powell should all be brought back...

the problem with powell was that he gave up more points than he scored. it was sad watching him get burnt on defense for easy scores and rebounds. it wasn't offense that killed him. he had a comparable effect on the game that bibby had. getting a better defensive player in would cause immediate dividends.