• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Crawford to Bulls?

MrNique

Alex Kennedy had this rumor today here: http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-hornets-ready-to-deal-chris-paul/

• Jamal Crawford has a long list of teams hoping to sign him, but his preference would be a sign-and-trade to the Chicago Bulls, according to sources close to the situation. The Bulls have been in contact with Crawford’s camp in recent days and will try to acquire him by offering the Atlanta Hawks a package that includes Ronnie Brewer and one unnamed player. If Chicago can’t land Crawford, the veteran will likely sign with the New Orleans Hornets, Indiana Pacers, New Jersey Nets or Minnesota Timberwolves.

Who could the other guy be? CJ Watson? Obviously we go into tax if we make a deal lIke this. Would it be worth it for some solid depth or would people prefer an impact player?

• Premium Member

Dream Scenerio:

Crawford for Brewer and Gibson.

Not too bad Scenerio:

Crawford for Brewer and Asik

Probable Scenero:

Crawford for Brewer and Watson.

Can I boo and hiss now??

Well, I guess something is better than Nothing.. But we should just keep Crawford if this is the deal.

Probable Scenero:

Crawford for Brewer and Watson.

Agree on the probably scenerio.

I like all of those scenerios IF Crawford's contract is longer then 3 years. The Hawks lack any resemblance of backcourt depth. At least the Hawks would get two competent players.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Am I the only one here who thinks that Brewer's defensive prowess, heady play, and high effort level makes him an even exchange for Crawford almost straight up? Brewer gives us the extra wing defender off the bench that we have needed for awhile. Considering that I honestly thought we were going to lose Crawford for nothing, I would be happy with just getting Brewer. We'd be losing out in scoring volume but gaining in defense (both on and off the ball), efficiency, rebounding, versatility, and pretty much everything else. Anything on top of that would be gravy.

And since we would need another wing shooter without Crawford, Watson sounds good to me. As for Asik...really? I've haven't seen anything that makes me think he'll ever be much more than 6 fouls. He's a good rebounder and gives effort defensively, but he lacks offensive skills and doesn't have the bulk to be an impact player on defense at the 5. He's 25, so I don't think he's suddenly going to develop the frame. We can get what he'd give us from a vet minimum guy.

Edited by niremetal

I would want Korver along with Brewer instead of Watson. Of course Taj or Omer would be better than than Korver or Watson. If we did get Korver we finally have a knock down 3pt shooter we haven't had in years.

P

• Moderators

OK, NOW swing this deal.

Kirk/TMac/Ronnie/Taj/Zaza w/ JaCo as bigman insurance?

or

Kirk/TMac/Ronnie/Zaza/Asik w/ JaCo as bigman insurance?

beats the heck out of

OldTeague/Craw/Mo/Powell/(Zaza+JaCo) that we threw out there last year.

~lw3

Am I the only one here who thinks that Brewer's defensive prowess, heady play, and high effort level makes him an even exchange for Crawford almost straight up? Brewer gives us the extra wing defender off the bench that we have needed for awhile. Considering that I honestly thought we were going to lose Crawford for nothing, I would be happy with just getting Brewer. We'd be losing out in scoring volume but gaining in defense (both on and off the ball), efficiency, rebounding, versatility, and pretty much everything else. Anything on top of that would be gravy.

And since we would need another wing shooter without Crawford, Watson sounds good to me. As for Asik...really? I've haven't seen anything that makes me think he'll ever be much more than 6 fouls. He's a good rebounder and gives effort defensively, but he lacks offensive skills and doesn't have the bulk to be an impact player on defense at the 5. He's 25, so I don't think he's suddenly going to develop the frame. We can get what he'd give us from a vet minimum guy.

No, you are not the only one.

Maybe Sund can include the Sun's 2nd round pick which may fall anywhere from 31 to 35. I understand the Bulls have no need for late round picks but it's an asset worth a million or two. I just want to see what Asik would look like playing Center with Al and Josh.

• Moderators

I just have a hard time jumping into this topic because we would have to do a lot of salary shifting for this to happen. I still believe the A$G won't go into the tax so in my mind it is pointless to think about this.

Agreed.

let's see, signing t-mac, possibly trading for brewer+, inquiring about david west....seems like sund may be trying to get some ducks lined up should he happen to ship off other players players currently on the roster (thinking marvin and/or smoove). i could obviously be very wrong, but it seems like an aweful lot more work than is standard procedure for simply filling out our roster.

• Moderators

Do Chicago has Bobcats' 1st round draft choice this year too. Just curious about it

Ctrl+C'ing and Ctrl+V'ing from nbadraft.net. Short answer sounds like no:

(top 14 protected in 2012, top 12 protected in 2013, top 10 protected in 2014, top 8 protected in 2015, unprotected in 2016)

~lw3

• Like 1