• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jamal Crawford is finding out his market value

coachx

no idea why sac would want him. they already have fredette, evans, salmons, AND just signed marcus thorton to a new deal.

If he went to the knicks that team's defense would be legendary bad lol and imagine the ball movement with melo, amare, and crawford on the floor lol

Portland makes sense he could be a replacement for b-roy

Edited by yungsta

• Admin

We did resurrect his career...he was known as a selfish shooter with a terrible shot selection. He came here and showed that he could be a team player and take a back seat to others and come off the bench.

Good luck JC...you did a great job for us and I hope you do well elsewhere

For a fan base that was so concerned about seeing what Teague could do, some of you guys sure are concerned about Jamal Crawford.

Let that dude go. HE had a good year in 2009 - 10, but reverted back to what he usually was last year. Time to move forward and see if Teague is the real deal. With Jamal in the mix, Drew will be tempted to overuse Jamal and under use Teague, especially when he's not playing well.

It's time to see what the kid can do as a starter.

I wish you well Jamal.

If Kirk never got hurt, I doubt anyone would care Crawford is leaving. Kirk may not can score 20-30 like Craw on any given night, but his D on PG's and SG's and ability to facilitate an offense outweigh Craw's one-dimensional play. Our team had issues defensively, and Craw was a not-so-small contributor to that.

Unfortunately, Kirk will be out at least a month, and with that, Craw's "replacement."

I still think letting Craw go was the best move, because as north noted, he regressed last year. Besides, signing Craw won't put us over the hump, and since ASG won't spend Lux Tax, re-signing him would make next to no sense.

Let's see what an improved Teague, healthy T Mac, J Smoove sans the overweight and 3 pointers, and Horford who said he worked on taking guys off the dribble in the offseason can do this year. It's not like we are winning a championship with this group this year (not enough depth or superstar talent)...but we can shock the world and give it the best effort we got!

Completley embarrasing if he goes to NYK. You're telling me this ownership group won't spend 2.5 million for one of the best pure scorers in the league? SELL THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Us fans have invested so much emotion into this franchise for so long, i know i have, and ASG basically hits us with an "F U" on this one. Rediculous. I hope he ends up in the West. At least he won't knock us out of the playoffs there. Can't beleive we are too cheap to even sign and trade him either. David Stern needs to take the team away from these guys already.

On another note JC is a class act and did a great job for us over these last two years I seriously wish him the best

• Moderators

Not helping New York's cause is the fact that Jamal's agent (Andy Miller) is also the rep for one Mr. Chauncey Billups. Miller is reportedly nonplussed about what the amnesty thing. That plus being the least flexible of the final three doesn't work in the Knicks' favor.

If the Bulls series is any indication, losing Crawford in favor of more Teague could end up being a net positive. With Hinrich and T-Mac I'm pretty confident we'll be better off in the backcourt. I'm more concerned about our depth in the front court.

Cmon now he didnt regress and he as in a no win situation with some of you anyway

He took fewer shots and became more of a facilitator because the new coach asked him too as well as Joe and they both shot the ball poorly .If he decides to ignore that and focus on on keeping his numbers up youd be claiming how selfish he was .

Jamal has nothing to do with Teague minutes thats the whiny parents excuse some of you love to use for Teague .

I don't believe Jamal regressed much. I note the change in offense did not allow as many "iso" opportunities. The difference in defending Rose in the playoffs was not Jamal. Rose KILLED Kirk in the regular season. I was there. Rose broke Kirk down at will. The difference was Teague on Rose, had nothing to do with Jamal. The Hawks should offer 7 mil. for two years.

• Moderators

Cmon now he didnt regress and he as in a no win situation with some of you anyway

He played like his career norm. The year before he played way over his head. So it is a case of semantics but I can agree that his 2010-11 play wasn't really a regression so much as his norm while his shooting efficiency in 2009-10 was something he is just not capable of repeating with any consistency and therefore it is the outlier than you shouldn't pay for in FA.

Jamal success in 2009-2010 because of Woody's ISO philosophy, LD's is different and revolved more around ball and player movement which is not Jamal's stong suit, hence the difference. since we have LD here - Jamal no longer required.

• Moderators

Jamal success in 2009-2010 because of Woody's ISO philosophy, LD's is different and revolved more around ball and player movement which is not Jamal's stong suit, hence the difference. since we have LD here - Jamal no longer required.

The difference was Jamal Crawford played over his head.

Which of these things is not like the others? Which of these things just doesn't belong?

.545 ts% 2010-11

.573 ts% 2009-10

.545 ts% 2008-09

.528 ts% 2007-08

.517 ts% 2006-07

.544 ts% 2005-06

.521 ts% 2004-05

.485 ts% 2003-04

.523 ts% Career Average

• Premium Member
If his game was on the decline ? cmon thats reach considering the other players whose recently signed bigger contracts at a older age than him . If he goes to the knicks and plays well he could get a 3 yr 18 million dollar deal even next year . The key here would be signing with the pacers means you are not a lock to make the playoffs while signing with the knicks does and the knicks have more national tv games . If he helps the knicks out of the first rd he will get his deal he wont break the bank but a 2/3 year deal would be there for him

Nah.

It's sure death if he takes anything that looks like a 1 year deal. His best option right now is guaranteed years over more money per and a short contract. If I were Sund, I'd come out of pocket with 4 yrs 22 Million. That's better than anything he can get right now and it's easy for us and very tradable.

Nah.

It's sure death if he takes anything that looks like a 1 year deal. His best option right now is guaranteed years over more money per and a short contract. If I were Sund, I'd come out of pocket with 4 yrs 22 Million. That's better than anything he can get right now and it's easy for us and very tradable.

The ASG would 1st have to sign off on Crawford being worthy of the luxury tax.

2nd.........I don't see anyone offering Crawford a 4 year contract.

3rd........if the ASG sign off on paying the tax why would you offer anyting more then 2 years at $10 mill ?

Edited by coachx

Nah.

More like 4yrs. 20 mil. years of 3,6,6,5 with a team option for year 4.