• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Waive Sy, Rolle, and Wanamaker (Update: Benson also)

HalfHawk

• Premium Member

Can't say I'm really that suprised about Sy. Even after six years, this management and ownership continue to put all their eggs in the "core" basket. Maybe when they fail again this year, they'll realize what many people realized at least three years ago...THIS TEAM HAS PEAKED AND SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IS NEEDED. Then again, they probably will come with yet another excuse to keep the status quo because they like their precious "core" so much. They are bigger homers than most fans.

So we kept Jerry Stackhouse instead of keeping Pape Sy..?? Lol. I have no idea what Sund's doing right now. Just shows you that his debacle in Seattle is contributed by his lack of common sense. This is very alarming. Smh. From trading "he who's name shall not be mentioned" and our first round pick, to doing this bone head move.

• Like 1

Who cares. Sy sucked.

How many 2nd rounders stick in the league?

Exactly. We're taking swings on physical talents, guys who have some outstanding characteristic but holes elsewhere. Sy had the physical makeup and defensive ability, just couldn't develop requisite skills. Benson has a few attributes you can't teach (height, shot-blocking) but has other holes. I'd rather take fliers on guys like this who had an upside, and see if they develop. Would you rather pick a boring guy like Royal Ivey whose upside is 15 minutes a game of protecting the basketball and swinging the ball around the perimeter?

• Like 1

Can't say I'm really that suprised about Sy. Even after six years, this management and ownership continue to put all their eggs in the "core" basket. Maybe when they fail again this year, they'll realize what many people realized at least three years ago...THIS TEAM HAS PEAKED AND SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IS NEEDED. Then again, they probably will come with yet another excuse to keep the status quo because they like their precious "core" so much. They are bigger homers than most fans.

Hmm...Dallas stuck with their core and got blessed.

Posted Today, 12:29 PM

So we kept Jerry Stackhouse instead of keeping Pape Sy..?? Lol. I have no idea what Sund's doing right now. Just shows you that his debacle in Seattle is contributed by his lack of common sense. This is very alarming. Smh. From trading "he who's name shall not be mentioned" and our first round pick, to doing this bone head move.

Maybe not for Stacks but maybe "Pietrus"?

Hmm...Dallas stuck with their core and got blessed.

Maybe not for Stacks but maybe "Pietrus"?

I like Pietrus better than Stack or Sy .,,,, Dallas got blessed when they added another 12 million a season player in Chandler. Where the hell is our extra 12 million dollar man?

Back on topic, when draft express and espn have to research a player on the fly the day he is drafted, its a given the player (Sy) is a reach ROFL at that pick!

• Premium Member

You guys are typical.

I applaud the move. Why get guys who cannot play well and have never been no where if your goal is to go all the way? We are the highlight factory, not the development factory. IF we cut those guys that mean we kept guys who were going for it like Ivan the Terrible and DSloan. That also means that we decided to keep Guys who have been around over guys who needed to be trained. Honestly.. tell me that you believe that there was some greatness in any of the guys we cut? Honestly?

I hate to see Rolle go, but he was outplayed by Ivan. I hate to see Sy go but he never showed much. I can't say much about Wannamaker, he lost the battle of the 10 day contract.