• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This team needs to make some moves. SERIOUSLY!

Joker

If we had a center who played the position as well as Teague plays pg, we would be a better team. That's the most crying need. I agree with Gray Mule - we've got a good record, this is a good team. It won't be a great team unless you can do something no NBA GM can do - trade regular players for star players, and wipe out our salary cap problems. But that ain't going to happen. Don't get me wrong -I am not super happy because we had our chance to get those guys when we had lottery picks year after year and drafted the wrong guys and we spent too much probably for the wrong guys. So as I see it, we either stick with a team that will have a better than average record but not be a contender (absent a perfect storm of good luck) or blow the team up and start over. Who is to say that 7 years from now we wouldn't have the same problems?

Zaza plays center as well as Jeff plays PG.

We don't need to blow s**t up. We can win it all. We need to be smart and REALLY add talent. Our offense is like New York, Cleveland, Phoenix. If Sund is smart which I think he is, he would see that and start looking for combo guards who actually have the talent to be stars in our offense. No legit PG= It doesn't work. Look at Lin. He turns the ball over but he has a lot of positive plays in a game. A lot.

Teague at PG as a team = Better defense, bad offense

Hinrich at PG as a team= Much better defense, poor offense but he gets us in the sets.

We need at PG as a team= better defense, great offense

Lin would be a great fit here. Atlanta can afford turnovers if he's creating plays, scoring 20-25 ppg, getting 7-12 apg, and 3-5 rpg. Atlanta can't afford turnovers from Teague though. He has FAR too many negative plays as it is.

On Marvin, I disagree. His cuts, shooting, screen on the backside, running the offense like it's real, just doing the dirty work is one of the most underrated aspect of his game. I completely disagree with you on Marvin. He would be a better fit in Memphis where the ball actually moves and isn't guard dominant like Atlanta. LD offense is only as effective as the PG. If the PG isn't a threat, the offense isn't sh*t. Basically like NY, CLE, and PHX.

Lin or someone like him would be a better fit here than in NY while playing with Horford. With Zaza and Josh, maybe not.

Marvin will not be anymore than he is right now regardless team. He hasn't ever displayed any above average level of talent since he has been in the NBA. At least not more than a game or two in a row. Even if Josh or other guys haven't been out of the line up we really haven't seen him step up. I cringe when he handles the ball at all and his defense is overrated. While it's true that the offense doesn't force him into the role of scorer often, players that want to make an impact will find a way to do so. His minutes have gone down in each of the last 4 seasons and there is a reason for that. His lack of impact on the game. He was especially brutal in the playoffs last year against Chicago. He doesn't run the floor all that well either. He plays like a guy with a bad back. He has not so fluid body movement and he doesn't run the floor all that great. In fact, I'd say he looks like an old man out there. I've really struggled to understand what Billy Knight saw all those years ago.

I just don't think Lin would have had the same impact here. Perhaps he would be pulled with some of the turnovers he has committed. I think he would work well with Josh if Josh played with a good IQ rather than trying to dribble the ball up the court and launching out of rhythm jumpers like he does now. Lin was lucky he ran into a coach that would basically hand him the key's so quickly.

Nbasuperstar is the man who has inside informations that never materialize.

So... Joe is a role player ? Well... You've lost your credibility here

Joe is dangerously coming close to being a role player. He almost never has a good game against anyone any good anymore. Due to his play the last 3 weeks you have to wonder if his play his going to end up worse than last seasons. It's starting to look like it. He is averaging 13/2/4 this month. Those are role player type numbers. Will he pick it back up the 2nd half of the season? I have my doubts. He played poorly the 2nd half of last year and with the schedule as it is, I doubt he will play much better the second half of this year. About the only good thing that can be said about Joe this month is that he defended Kobe pretty well. On the offense end, he isn't that great of a threat anymore.

Nbasuperstar is the man who has inside informations that never materialize.

So... Joe is a role player ? Well... You've lost your credibility here

Meh. More like put what being said and post it. If you want you call it that, you can. I never guarantee nothing. If you want to know what's out there now. Atlanta has pulled back officially and will not offer for rental Dwight. They are also shopping Hinrich. Teams are calling about Marvin but Atlanta doesn't like the offers that are out there which I don't know what they are. Atlanta is not done making moves. I haven't heard anything that sounds like Atlanta is trying. Stern said they are publicly but I am starting to hate ASG like you guys. I waiting, had expectations that Atlanta was willing to do what it takes. At the end of the day, ASG is a POS. I hope they continue to get bad attendance if they aren't willing to take risks and add legit talent. Talking to players about signing for vet min is not what I mean either.

Steve Nash is officially off the listening market. He will not ask for a trade.

Rondo is as well.

Memphis is shopping O.J. Mayo but wants a 1st and a player to match salary. They aren't shopping Gay or anyone else.

NY is done.

LAL has been bugging Atlanta about one of our PG's. Most likely interest in both.

Dallas is shopping Lamar Odom. Looking for a backup with intangibles. They want Tony Allen but Memphis isn't trading Allen.

Cleveland is not shopping Sessions. LAL called them too.

Houston wants to keep their players unless a team offers an upgrade. Hasn't happen yet.

Minny wants Pau Gasol. This went national already

Miami is still looking for a center.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

We need a point guard that averages 20 points per game? Chris Paul, Rajon Rondo, Tony parker, Steve Nash, Jose Calderon doesn't average 20. Matter of fact no point guard outside of Russel Westbrook, Derrick Rose and Deron are the only 3 points gaurds averaging 20+ points(if you wanna consider Westbrook a PG). We need a PG that can get us 15 and 7+. Currently Jeff is giving us 14 and 4. He almost there.

I agree with Hotlanta1981 in that Joe Johnson is slowly becoming a role player. Which is fine since Smith and Teague are coming into their own(they the ONLY 2 hawks that will get any better). Unfortunately you don't pay role players 120Mill. And Marvin Williams needs to go. He got to be the worst finisher around the basket in the NBA.

Marvin will not be anymore than he is right now regardless team. He hasn't ever displayed any above average level of talent since he has been in the NBA. At least not more than a game or two in a row. Even if Josh or other guys haven't been out of the line up we really haven't seen him step up. I cringe when he handles the ball at all and his defense is overrated. While it's true that the offense doesn't force him into the role of scorer often, players that want to make an impact will find a way to do so. His minutes have gone down in each of the last 4 seasons and there is a reason for that. His lack of impact on the game. He was especially brutal in the playoffs last year against Chicago. He doesn't run the floor all that well either. He plays like a guy with a bad back. He has not so fluid body movement and he doesn't run the floor all that great. In fact, I'd say he looks like an old man out there. I've really struggled to understand what Billy Knight saw all those years ago.

I just don't think Lin would have had the same impact here. Perhaps he would be pulled with some of the turnovers he has committed. I think he would work well with Josh if Josh played with a good IQ rather than trying to dribble the ball up the court and launching out of rhythm jumpers like he does now. Lin was lucky he ran into a coach that would basically hand him the key's so quickly.

That could be the case but I disagree. If you run the right type of system that rewards play like Marvin, Marvin could be very effective in terms of scoring. He's not a ball handler. That's why I said he needs to be in the right type of offense. Not the same offense with a different personnel but the right type of offense. His defense is vastly underrated. He has an impact. His lack of scoring or even to appear to be an option is Marvin's problem. Especially given our lack of options as it is. His doesn't look like an old man this year but he is resistant still as is T-Mac.

No one has anyone to look up to and he doesn't respect Jeff or Kirk like that. What does Kirk or Jeff do to earn Josh respect. They aren't game changers. They don't make it easier for Josh. Josh had more respect for Bibby ancient *ss. There isn't that player who is better than Smith like that. It's not Joe. While I think Al is better than Smith, Smith doesn't and honestly I couldn't blame him if he thought that as Smith is more talented. When you got a #1 option and a flowing offense. Everyone respects that man. Look at Memphis with Z-Bo. Melo in Denver. Kobe in LA. Dwight in Orlando. Look at Lin with New York. It don't take long for players to figure out a player can carry them to the promise land.

Atlanta gives free play to everyone with a jersey. No one on this team has a role. No one.

Ok. That's your opinion. Last month, everybody was praising him for the way he stepped up and won two games for us.

Let's wait and see. I hope you are wrong

Joe is regressing man. Even when he was hot shooting, his bread and butter post game all but disappeared consistently. Now that he's not shooting greatly, his scoring has dipped majorly. But the rest of his game still looks the same.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

We need a point guard that averages 20 points per game? Chris Paul, Rajon Rondo, Tony parker, Steve Nash, Jose Calderon doesn't average 20. Matter of fact no point guard outside of Russel Westbrook, Derrick Rose and Deron are the only 3 points gaurds averaging 20+ points(if you wanna consider Westbrook a PG). We need a PG that can get us 15 and 7+. Currently Jeff is giving us 14 and 4. He almost there.

I agree with Hotlanta1981 in that Joe Johnson is slowly becoming a role player. Which is fine since Smith and Teague are coming into their own(they the ONLY 2 hawks that will get any better). Unfortunately you don't pay role players 120Mill. And Marvin Williams needs to go. He got to be the worst finisher around the basket in the NBA.

Most of those guys are pure PG's or PnR PG's. I want a combo PG. All the pure PG's or PnR PG's that have talent are playing and not getting traded. There are a couple excellent combo PG's that are on the bench or playing at positions that doesn't fit them in systems that don't fit them either. Those guys can average that.

Teague is not almost there. Majority of his possessions are negative on offense and defense. Teague usage rate is high like most PG's in our type of system. Get someone legit in here and we would see major improvement in everything we do. Combo PG's are good if they have court vision, ability to pass, take over games and can defend. No so much when they can't do most of what PG's need to do.

Jeremy Lin is averaging that in eight games. Westbrook. Rose. Teague looks like a poor man's Devin Harris in our system. He has talent but the system and personnel does him no favors.

I think this team is extremely close to contending. Here is all we need.

We just need another big but with size. If it's Kyrylo Fesenko, fine. That's what Atlanta needs. As long as he is a below average to average center with size.

The biggest need is getting a PG like Jeremy Lin. Someone who can score 20-27 ppg, get 7-12 apg, and 2-4rpg. That's our biggest need. That would solve our PG issue and #1 option issue. If the guy is turnover prone, it doesn't matter. As long as he is comfortable with the ball and he has court vision. Can run a solid PnR. We need the impact.

We answer those two questions. We have a contender who can really win it all any given year.

Both are available for a discounted rate so if Atlanta f**ks this up, it's their fault.

Gearon and Levenson, you know you f**ked up the Dwight rental. It would be in our best interest as a franchise to make this move.

Admire your optimism, but we are nowhere close to contending. We still can't even seem to find a decent center after all these years. Even if we did find a J. Lin type of player, our team still doesn't have as many good pieces as a team like NY to make it work. Even when Joe used to avg. over 20 a game, we still only got so far. I don't wanna even get started on our bench. And with what we would have to give up to get a 20ppg and 7 assists PG, we definitely wouldn't be a "contender" after that trade. We are a second round playoff team at best.

Edited by AJtheGreat

While Teague has talent too, Lin is in a perfect system for his talent as well as the personnel and coaching. Lin is just as much better player with his team than Jeff with his.

Not including Lin...

Joe is better than any Knick not named Melo. Yes, Joe is better than Amare. Amare has become a role player. He fell off.

Josh Smith is better than any Knick this year.

Chandler is not talented but he does a lot that doesn't show up on the stat sheet and he is a good center. I like Chandler.

Horford is better than all of the Knicks. I could care less what the media thinks. Horford is a beast if we had a PG. One like Lin for Al and he would be happy.

Marvin is better than Fields. I like Fields but Marvin does so many intangible things right.

I don't like the Knicks bench but with J.R. Smith I respect them a lot more and they are likely as good as Atlanta's. They need a backup Center.

LD is just as good as D'Antoni to me. I see severe strengths and flaws in both coaches. I like the Knicks staff better. The Knicks are overrated without Lin. They aren't a playoff team in fact they are like the Bucks. Another overrated team. I like Jennings though.

I really think you are underrating the talent of Al and Josh. Both of these guys play GREAT defense as well. Not just offense like Melo and Amare. Amare doesn't even do that at a high clip anymore. He's turning into SAR.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

While not having a center with size is hurting us v. some better teams and in the playoffs. When we have Horford it's not a killer and depending on matchup, we can still do serious damage in the playoffs. Having a PG who doesn't fit and is limited in terms of PG skills is. We need a PG more than anything else. Sund needs to get O.J. Mayo. No more backup scrubs. No Ramon S, R. Felton, D. Harris, and guys like that. Get someone with the talent to do this. Get someone who can score 20+ if given the freedom.

Edited by nbasuperstar40