• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ won Eastern Conference Player of the week

arhawkfan

• Moderators
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/03/26/players-of-the-week-joe-johnson-kevin-durant/index.html

NEW YORK -- The Atlanta Hawks' Joe Johnson and the Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, March 19, through Sunday, March 25.Johnson led the Hawks to a 4-1 week with averages of 23.2 points, 5.4 rebounds and 3.2 assists. Johnson hit game-tying three-pointers vs. Cleveland on March 21 and Utah on March 25, as well as the game-winning three-pointer at Washington on March 24. Johnson's 37-point, eight-rebound effort keyed a 139-133 quadruple overtime win over the Jazz on March 25.Other nominees for the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week were Atlanta's Josh Smith, Houston's Goran Dragic, Miami's Dwyane Wade, Minnesota's Kevin Love, New York's Amar'e Stoudemire, Orlando's Ryan Anderson and Utah's Al Jefferson.

~lw3

Congrats to J.J. playing the best ball I've ever seen him play for a winning team. I had no idea he was Player of the Month twice in 08. Will never be a fan of his game, but I have nothing bad to say about the guy as clutch as he's been with his shot-making lately. We've all seen big wins without player A or big losses with player B, but it's pretty obvious we probably wouldn't have won anything the past week without dude.

Joe F'n Johnson. I'm telling you I think Joe's injury was a win win. He got well needed rest. Josh Smith got to unleash his inner Superman and now Joe can play his batman role. Not Robin, he is more talented than that. But, he doesn't have to be billboard guy during games. Josh can take the 30+ shot attempts and shoulder the critique. Joe can just play the quiet role.

Edited by sultanofatl
  • Like 2

Joe F'n Johnson. I'm telling you I think Joe's injury was a win win. He got well needed rest. Josh Smith got to unleash his inner Superman and now Joe can play his batman role. Not Robin, he is more talented than that. But, he doesn't have to be billboard guy during games. Josh can take the 30+ shot attempts and shoulder the critique. Joe can just play the quiet role.

Totally agree. I'm seeing this team in a different way than I've seen them the last few years and I like it.

Totally agree. I'm seeing this team in a different way than I've seen them the last few years and I like it.

Again, I would prefer shot attempts to turnovers. Better to at least throw it at the basket than pass it someone with stone hands, not paying attention or who will pass it away with 3 seconds left on the clock. Shot attempts draw fouls, give offensive rebound opportunities and allow you to get back on defense.

• Premium Member

Joe deserves it too. He just would not let the Hawks lose any close games this past week. It's also a good week for me when both the Western and Eastern conference player of the week winners are on your fantasy team.

Solid week for joe. To have 3 in a row and still get this is impressive. Extra impressive for the hawks since josh got mentioned too.I think it took joe some time to adjust to not having crawford around. Craw really took alot of one on one and late game plays from joe. He hasnt been this good since before craw came to the atl.

Joe didn't show up till the 4th qt in DC but at least he did that.