• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IF this team can't win in the playoffs, the wrecking ball is coming.

Diesel

• Premium Member

This offseason probably at the draft is when we'll see Josh get traded. I don't think he wants to stay here but I'm terrified that our idiotic ownership will just sit on their hands and keep him. We can't afford to let Josh walk for nothing. We already wasted Crawford's huge expiring and now we are wasting Hinrich's expiring. We can't waste Josh. He's not staying here, he's going to go where Dwight goes. There is no doubt in my mind he and Dwight are going to work things out so they end up on the same team.

This offseason probably at the draft is when we'll see Josh get traded. I don't think he wants to stay here but I'm terrified that our idiotic ownership will just sit on their hands and keep him. We can't afford to let Josh walk for nothing. We already wasted Crawford's huge expiring and now we are wasting Hinrich's expiring. We can't waste Josh. He's not staying here, he's going to go where Dwight goes. There is no doubt in my mind he and Dwight are going to work things out so they end up on the same team.

I really would not have a problem with that happening. With the way D12 quit last week on his team and coach and Josh being so damn selfish they would be a match made in a coaches nightmare.We need to move him so when he does walk it will not be us that suffers the loss... Edited by Buzzard

If Josh leaves I think Teague will bust out. Joe and Horf will get more shots. We just need to get a center back

So in other words, Josh Smith hopefully get trade at the NBA Draft for Lottery Pick and more for him. But we are dealing with the ASG and they are not going to be using "Common Sense"

So in other words, Josh Smith hopefully get trade at the NBA Draft for Lottery Pick and more for him. But we are dealing with the ASG and they are not going to be using "Common Sense"

They may use money sense though. Like KB already mentioned, we will have only six signed players at the end of the season and almost 60 million in cap tied up with them. Josh is the next big signing. Moving him for expirings and a pick or two makes great sense from a luxury tax standpoint. Which is the kind of common sense the ASG uses every season... Edited by Buzzard

They may use money sense though. Like KB already mentioned, we will have only six signed players at the end of the season and almost 60 million in cap tied up with them. Josh is the next big signing. Moving him for expirings and a pick or two makes great sense from a luxury tax standpoint. Which is the kind of common sense the ASG uses every season...

I just got a bad feeling about this, we will be giving him up for nothing at all. Besides with this draft, there is alot of big man coming out this year and we can snag one, if we lucky

I just got a bad feeling about this, we will be giving him up for nothing at all. Besides with this draft, there is alot of big man coming out this year and we can snag one, if we lucky

I don't. The perfect play is to ship Josh to NJ for player(s) and a pick or two. That gives them Wallace and Josh to try and entice Deron to stay and see if they cannot get Howard....
  • Like 1

I don't think Al is coming back.

We have to have Zaza, Collins, Damp or Rad as part of our C rotation in the playoffs.

If we can't put together some wins in the playoffs, we're done.

We will prolly keep Joe, Al, and Teague as our base, but everybody else is prolly gone.

The truth is that the East is much better than people give it credit for being.

Teams like Boston and NY are late blooming.

Teams like Milwaukee and Cleveland are on their way up.

The sit still philosophy of the ownership is getting us nowhere.

LD has done a good job coaching.

Sund has done what he could as GM.

However, Al's injury... and our inconsistency in team play is going to be our own undoing. And if it does, Josh and the bench is gone.

This is what I've been saying all along, Where were we in disagreement? This team, as it sits, doesn't have a shot in the East. We need to make some moves this offseason. Josh is not going to stay. The problem is he's an expiring so that will drop his trade value.

I'd trade Smith or Horford if it meant we could get the next disgruntled star player. We cannot afford to stand pat and sign a bunch of has-beens again this offseason.

The team may blow itself up, given the cap situation.Josh may not be the only guy we lose (if we do nothing) due to expriing contract. ZaZa may be a problem too, as far as the cap goes. Remember Kwame Brown getting $7 M. If that's the market number, doesn't ZaZa ring up more than that at the free agency cash register?

• Premium Member

The team may blow itself up, given the cap situation.Josh may not be the only guy we lose (if we do nothing) due to expriing contract. ZaZa may be a problem too, as far as the cap goes. Remember Kwame Brown getting $7 M. If that's the market number, doesn't ZaZa ring up more than that at the free agency cash register?

I'd be surprised if he did get a much better contract. The new CBA looks to me a lot harsher than the previous one. We'll see.

I don't. The perfect play is to ship Josh to NJ for player(s) and a pick or two. That gives them Wallace and Josh to try and entice Deron to stay and see if they cannot get Howard....

Personaly, I'd be tempted to see if New Jersey would sign and trade Deron Williams for Josh Smith after Deron opts out of his deal. I think if we look to make this a salary dump, we will clearly not get proper value for him in a trade and will ultimately be worse off.

• Admin

Personaly, I'd be tempted to see if New Jersey would sign and trade Deron Williams for Josh Smith after Deron opts out of his deal. I think if we look to make this a salary dump, we will clearly not get proper value for him in a trade and will ultimately be worse off.

I would love DWill here on the condition he is willing to resign

• Premium Member

I don't think that's allowable. Isn't Deron going to be unrestricted after he opts out? Personally, I think if they trade Josh, they should look for help at the 2, 3 and 5 positions.

I don't think that's allowable. Isn't Deron going to be unrestricted after he opts out? Personally, I think if they trade Josh, they should look for help at the 2, 3 and 5 positions.

If Deron is interested in signing here then he can negotiate a deal with Brooklyn and Atlanta for a sign and trade. It would all come down to if he's interested though.

• Premium Member

If Deron is interested in signing here then he can negotiate a deal with Brooklyn and Atlanta for a sign and trade. It would all come down to if he's interested though.

Thanks for the clarification. So it's safe to say that it not's happening.

This is all complete speculation. I looked at this thread thinking there would be an article regarding the situation, but there wasn't anything. Nobody has any definitive info to say that the "wrecking ball" either is or isn't coming. There really isn't a point to the thread, we are just re-hashing the same things we have been talking about since the end of last year.

SnT Deron for Josh would be great. Josh can build up interest for Dwight, Deron can play with Horford and Joe. We can draft a center in the draft, move up to get Drummond for Jeff and a lot of picks.DeronJoeMarvinHorfordZaza/Drummond.