• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Portland is looking into hiring Larry Drew

Joker

• Premium Member

If LD leaves and another assistance is made the head coach - I am done with this team.

I have to agree with this. Not the 'done' part, but I would be really bothered by having yet another Woody successor. I mean how many times can you do the same thing and expect different results?

What I am talking about is superstar players. In 2004, there was only 1. I feel this draft is the same way. This draft has a lot of talent but B tier potential talent. We would draft someone who in 4 to 6 years could become as good as Smoove and maybe not.

There could very well be 4 to 6 centers in this draft that turn out better or as good as Hibbert. Given our needs I would jump for joy if we move Smoove and end up with two picks in this draft. ZaZa being a FA and not getting any younger, why not take two centers?

There could very well be 4 to 6 centers in this draft that turn out better or as good as Hibbert. Given our needs I would jump for joy if we move Smoove and end up with two picks in this draft. ZaZa being a FA and not getting any younger, why not take two centers?

I only see two who could end up that good.Leonard and Drummond. Drummond is extremely raw guys. I am having second thoughts on him. Like he's really raw, like Josh Smith raw. Josh was awful for two years, it was painful watching him play.
  • Like 1

It is still painful come playoff time

Naw, not even close. Not even close.

I think with all the heat and disrespect that ASG has been getting, I am thinking they are going to find somebody from outside the organiation and the last thing they want to do is getting a another assistance for the cheap. They will be losing more fans and alienated themselves even more.

• Premium Member

Yeah I saw it on Hoopshype as well. It was pretty visual. It was hard to believe our coach getting this much respect (front page and all).I actually think PTL would be a good match for him. He'd have Crawford. He'd also have a pretty young team. He would be out one Josh I take Bad shots Smith and two lotto picks. I can imagine they'd take a big and somebody with some pop.

I think Larry Drew will continue to grow as a coach and thrive in Portland. I hope he gets the job, and wish him the best of luck. He definitely isn't a bad coach with Xs and Os. He just couldn't manage the personalities and maximize the talent on this team.

• Like 2

Yeah I saw it on Hoopshype as well. It was pretty visual. It was hard to believe our coach getting this much respect (front page and all).

I actually think PTL would be a good match for him. He'd have Crawford. He'd also have a pretty young team. He would be out one Josh I take Bad shots Smith and two lotto picks. I can imagine they'd take a big and somebody with some pop.

Jamal is opting out of the last year of his deal and Portland fans seem beyond ecstatic about the news.....though they said they'd still follow him on twitter.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jamal-crawford-opting-contract-trail-blazers-001900557--nba.html

• Premium Member

Larry would have a worse guard situation (not counting what happens in the draft or offseason) but not having Josh mindlessly lobbing up long two point shots and instead having a PF that plays in the post and can actually hit a mid range shot would be something he can work with.

• Moderators

Once the Blazers get around to hiring a coach, one potential candidate is Larry Drew, Atlanta’s head coach the past two seasons. The Hawks have a team option on Drew’s contract, and word is he is likely to be let go after their first-round elimination in six games by Boston.Atlanta has gone 84-64 in the regular season under Drew, 54, including 40-26 this year. The Hawks made it to the second round of the 2010-11 playoffs, losing to Chicago in six games.

Kinda interesting that Portland signed Crawford last offseason and now is interested in Sund and LD... It's like they are trying to become Atlanta-west. If it is true that Crawford is opting out, I wonder if his feelings would be too hurt to come back to Atlanta. I'd welcome him back.

Sorry, the title is directly from the title of the Hoopshype headline.

No worries and wasn't trying to criticize you, I was only commenting off of the link that you linked to which is very misleading as it says nothing about Drew being a goner, only being a candidate for the job.If anything the title should have a ? at the end. I can't find the Hoopshype article you're referring to but I would hope that it has that.