• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bold moves are needed

Swatguy

Amnest Joe and Overwhelm Deron Williams. Sign Hawes (if not Kamen). Hawes is tough. We may even be able to move Marvin to get him. Perhaps a S&T with Philly even if we have to tack a pick onto it. With Deron we can move an asset for a pick or SG with Teague.With that premier PG available sell the idea to him of playing with Josh and Al with wetmins like Willie, Pargo, Ivan and Tracey. Keep Zaza and we have a serious roster:Deron/PargoPickup/Willie/MacGraddyJosh/Pickup/MacGraddyAl/IvanHawes(or Kamen)/Zaza

Edited by Swatguy

I agree that bold moves are needed but dumb moves are not. I love ya swat but this one is closer to the other.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Amnest Joe and Overwhelm Deron Williams. Sign Hawes (if not Kamen). Hawes is tough. We may even be able to move Marvin to get him. Perhaps a S&T with Philly even if we have to tack a pick onto it. With Deron we can move an asset for a pick or SG with Teague.With that premier PG available sell the idea to him of playing with Josh and Al with wetmins like Willie, Pargo, Ivan and Tracey. Keep Zaza and we have a serious roster:Deron/PargoPickup/Willie/MacGraddyJosh/Pickup/MacGraddyAl/IvanHawes(or Kamen)/Zaza

Amnestying Joe doesn't free up Joe's salary in cap space. It frees up $13M if we sign all minimum salary free agents. That isn't enough to land a guy like Deron and certainly doesn't give you room to sign Hawes, Kaman, etc.

Amnesty does remove him from our cap but we are in luxury tax area so we would need to also trade smoove for a draft pick without taking back salary to be a player in free agencyIf we knew deron would 100% sign with us to play pnr with horford then we could trade smoove for a pick or rookie with promise and sign deron...we would need a 3rd piece that we get with smoove but we would be better set up for the futureThe owners are not rich tho so not sure they'd go for itWe need to sell to a rich owner first to do this

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Explaining-the-NBAs-New-Amnesty-Clause-Blog-42532

Amnestying Joe doesn't free up Joe's salary in cap space. It frees up $13M if we sign all minimum salary free agents. That isn't enough to land a guy like Deron and certainly doesn't give you room to sign Hawes, Kaman, etc.

Amnesty Clause Basics

[*]Each team is permitted to waive 1 player and have 100% of the player’s salary removed for Cap and Tax purposes

[*]Once a player is waived under the Amnesty Clause, they are placed in a modified waiver process available only to teams under the Salary Cap.

[*]Teams with room under the cap can then submit a claim on players by bidding to pay a portion of the player’s previous salary

[*]Once part of a player’s salary is claimed by a new team, the old team will continue to pay the remaining amount (though it won’t count against the Cap or Tax).

We can slide Deron into Joe's salary. To get a Hawes will mean menuevering, shifting assets and perhaps going into the tax. Again, a S&T with Philly and perhaps they will take Marvin and a pick.

http://www.faniq.com...ause-Blog-42532

Amnesty Clause Basics

[*]Each team is permitted to waive 1 player and have 100% of the player’s salary removed for Cap and Tax purposes

[*]Once a player is waived under the Amnesty Clause, they are placed in a modified waiver process available only to teams under the Salary Cap.

[*]Teams with room under the cap can then submit a claim on players by bidding to pay a portion of the player’s previous salary

[*]Once part of a player’s salary is claimed by a new team, the old team will continue to pay the remaining amount (though it won’t count against the Cap or Tax).

We can slide Deron into Joe's salary. To get a Hawes will mean menuevering, shifting assets and perhaps going into the tax. Again, a S&T with Philly and perhaps they will take Marvin and a pick.

You are still not getting it. We are OVER the salary cap and at the luxury. Removing 100% of JJ's salary will only get us 13 mill UNDER the cap because we are so far OVER being at the luxury tax thresh hold. 13 mill will not be Derons starting salary, bank on it. Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Swat I'd love to see that happen because as much as I love Joe I love Deron more. I was begging BK to draft Deron but no, he had to go with Superbust.The A$G will never pay the luxury tax and they would have to pay it in spades to do what you are suggesting.

• Premium Member

http://www.faniq.com...ause-Blog-42532

Amnesty Clause Basics

The Porblem Swat.

What If Joe says I want to win and he takes the MLE to play for LAC or Miami. Our owners will still owe Joe 14 Million dollars.

Understand who our Owners are... Our Owners are guys who refused to pay 1 Million dollars in LT to get a good player. They refused to pay 3 Million in LT to get Shaq.

Do you tihnk they will pay 15 Million to watch Joe play for somebody else.

On top of that, do you think they would then approach paying more money to find Joe's replacement?

That's the problem in your thinking. There's no win for our owners in this plan. It sounds good for a fan... We say... yeah, get rid of Joe's contract from the cap and we can get anybody. The owners however (who are thrifty) are saying, why are we paying Joe 15 million to be a Clipper or to play for the Heat or to play with Brooklyn???

Now Swat, let me make it clearer for you.

You just bought a nice Big Body Benz. You love it but the note on that bad boy is about $1100 per month for 6 yrs. You have a friend that says he will take the car off your hands and he will pay $300 per month for it. IF you do the deal with your friend, You still have to pay $800 per month for the next 4 years for the Benz.. and guess what... You still need a car. What do you do?

And if you get a new car, are you going to get that brand new 2012 Aston Martin DB9 convertible Volante Luxury edition?

What you should hope for in an amnesty is NEW OWNERS.

Swat I'd love to see that happen because as much as I love Joe I love Deron more. I was begging BK to draft Deron but no, he had to go with Superbust.

The A$G will never pay the luxury tax and they would have to pay it in spades to do what you are suggesting.

They paid it this year. I know you hate them but you don't have to misrepresent facts to make your point.

• Premium Member

They paid it this year. I know you hate them but you don't have to misrepresent facts to make your point.

Lol don't get silly. You know as well as I do having to sign vet. min stiffs due to injury does not mean this team is really paying the luxury tax or is willing to do so.

Lol don't get silly. You know as well as I do having to sign vet. min stiffs due to injury does not mean this team is really paying the luxury tax or is willing to do so.

Just stating the facts that they did pay the luxury tax this year when they could have easily cut one of those vets or shipped out a player while bringing back a lesser paid and lesser player to get under the tax.

• Premium Member

That list didn't really help Joe's argument. The only guy he was consistently beating out in both the reg season and post was Ray Allen yet he's the highest paid guy on the list.

Remember we're talking ON-COURT evaluation. If you call Joe Garbage, show me on Court how he's Garbage. Moreover, the 4 were the 4 still left playing and if you looked at the stats, he was second to Wade in scoring and the rest of his numbers were comparable or better save rebounding and three point %.My problem with People who say Joe is garbage is that they are only speaking about contract. If you take away contract, Joe is one of the top rated SGs and a very hard cover... as most coaches know and as must people see him voted into the Allstar game every year.Stan Van Gundy.