• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A lot of people drinking the Koolaid.

Diesel

Hey, DieselSo type of Kool Aid is it, Cherry, Orange, Tropical Punch, Grape, Penn State, Jim Jones or its something else.But the end game is D12/CP3, but I got a feeling if D12 does go to Dallas, I got money that Josh would follow him there. So if that plan doesnt work, then its Horford and Teague show

i think diesel just feels a little lost now. he's been pretty quiet around here ever since marvin was traded away. it's like he wants to say something on the board, but can't quite figure out what to say without having marvin around to pin our troubles on. don't worry though, i'm sure once the season starts and we get a few games under our belt, a new target will present himself and the diesel engine will start humming along like normal again.

The Hawks would trade anyone and/or the picks is it meant getting Howard and signing him to an extension. It has nothing to do with Ferry wanting to keep this or that...it's either because Orlando wants something better/different or Dwight won't agree to an extension if he came here.

Edited by HawksBalla

I agree with Diesel. You all are jumping for joy for nothing. He hasn't done anything and has never built a championship level squad. Putting 4 bums with Lebron doesn't count. We don't know if Sund was ever allowed to trade JJ or Marvin. As of today were are a less talented team. I will still watch and I will still attend some games but the Ferry worshipping is getting pretty pathetic around here. I like JJ and Marvin and they both are going to teams in better situations than the one they left. Yeah Smoove will lead us to the championship.

I agree with Diesel. You all are jumping for joy for nothing. He hasn't done anything and has never built a championship level squad. Putting 4 bums with Lebron doesn't count. We don't know if Sund was ever allowed to trade JJ or Marvin. As of today were are a less talented team. I will still watch and I will still attend some games but the Ferry worshipping is getting pretty pathetic around here. I like JJ and Marvin and they both are going to teams in better situations than the one they left. Yeah Smoove will lead us to the championship.

And the unneeded shot at Smoove for no reason at all has been thrown by who other than Wurider

Not really. I am a loner so the person I know thinks it is laughable that people want to build a statue for cap space because that is all Ferry represents. That team he will put on the floor is a layup line for opponents and is softer than anything we just got through with for that extended playoff run

Edited by MrMeltdown

i think diesel just feels a little lost now. he's been pretty quiet around here ever since marvin was traded away. it's like he wants to say something on the board, but can't quite figure out what to say without having marvin around to pin our troubles on. don't worry though, i'm sure once the season starts and we get a few games under our belt, a new target will present himself and the diesel engine will start humming along like normal again. We could start a pool and create odds who will be the next target for D

• Premium Member

Whatever Ferry does or doesn't do, he could never be worse than pin-head BK.

What about the same as. Maybe you missed it, but BK did the same thing when he came to town. Traded... JT, Theo, Big Dog, and Shareef.... and started over. For a moment, we had lots of capspace. Remember us wining and dining Damp and KMart? then settling for Antwain and Al? Remember how BK went Forward happy with his mantra... Long, Athletic. The only star FA we could bring in was JJ and we overpaid to get him? Well, Ferry has started the same process. Except, his mantra isn't long and athletic.. his mantra is fast and can shoot. We will be the team to make Harden a 100 Million dollar player.

• Premium Member

Do not speak in general terms. I am the biggest Joe fan on this site and I said from the first day we knew the trade was going down that I was fine with it because we weren't winning a ring with Joe on that crazy deal. I also have been more than fair to the players we've brought in and quite frankly I'm looking forward to watching Louis Williams as a Hawk.

I'm fine with trading Joe as long as there's a better plan coming. IF we get D-12, I'm good. If we get CP3.... I"m good. I hate to see us go backwards and that's where we're going like it or not. The problem with us going backwards is that it's not so easy to go forward after you do that. NOT IN ATLANTA.

• Premium Member

I agree with most of what you say and don't see it as a bad thing. We were not built to win a Championship with JJ and Marvin. So we are still not now. But its a simple truth that at least one of Smith, Horford, JJ had to go in order to build in that direction...Three big contracts = no cap to sign a needed player. We lose on D12, we may very well lose Smoove....does not matter who we lose, what matters is getting in a position to build for a championship. Ferry has at least started the ball rolling in the right direction.

I agree with most of your comments, but isn't that how it is suppose to be. You try to get assets to play or to trade! We have 8 or more players on this team who are quality players in the league. Players that can fill a need or be traded to address a need. I think everyone will agree that we needed one or two key players to become an elite team when Joe and Marvin were here, but the bottom line is we couldn't afford anyone else. I really liked Joe too and think we bash him too much for taking money that most of us would have taken too given the opportunity, but now we have a chance to step back and make better financial decisions. The only part that I disagree with is this is Teague and Horford"s team, because giving the right opportunity they can be traded too.

I don't disagree that we were not built to win a championship. However, we have not addressed the reason why we are not. That reason is PG and C. The real reason is Josh and Al. It's stunning for me to look up after all the smoke is cleared and we still have the log jam at PF with the two tweeners. Joe was no superstar but he was definitely a bonafide robin. It's like we took the Chicago Bulls without Micheal, traded away Pippen and Kukoc and said we're rebuilding with Horace Grant, Wennington, and BJ Armstrong and a ton of capspace. My reference to the Kool-Aid is not about the loss of JJ. It's about the real plan. Most folks think that there's something redeeming about these players who helped led NJ to the worst record in the franchises HIstory. Or that there's something redeeming about Harris. These guys have been hyped up to us as guys who could probably make a playoff run and absent of Joe we've added by subtracting... when the truth is that we're freeing cap space and this team will probably be rebuild through the draft. Ferry will keep cap Space around to listen to FAs but this team is built to run on the cheap. Edited by Diesel

• Premium Member

The Hawks would trade anyone and/or the picks is it meant getting Howard and signing him to an extension. It has nothing to do with Ferry wanting to keep this or that...it's either because Orlando wants something better/different or Dwight won't agree to an extension if he came here.

Nope. Hawks fans would trade anyone or anything for Howard... I know I would. I think we already turned down a chance to get him by giving up Teague, Horf, and 3 firsts.

What about the same as. Maybe you missed it, but BK did the same thing when he came to town. Traded... JT, Theo, Big Dog, and Shareef.... and started over. For a moment, we had lots of capspace. Remember us wining and dining Damp and KMart? then settling for Antwain and Al? Remember how BK went Forward happy with his mantra... Long, Athletic. The only star FA we could bring in was JJ and we overpaid to get him? Well, Ferry has started the same process. Except, his mantra isn't long and athletic.. his mantra is fast and can shoot. We will be the team to make Harden a 100 Million dollar player.

Great points! Getting players to come to Atlanta is very difficult.

I don't disagree that we were not built to win a championship. However, we have not addressed the reason why we are not. That reason is PG and C. The real reason is Josh and Al. My reference to the Kool-Aid is not about the loss of JJ. It's about the real plan.

No cap space and you cannot sign a center or PG. With cap we can even trade for one of those and absorb more contract than we send away. We have options now we did not have before to address these problems. No guarantee we can get the fix, but at least now we have more options to try than just late 1st round picks and even contract trades... Edited by Buzzard

I'm fine with trading Joe as long as there's a better plan coming. IF we get D-12, I'm good. If we get CP3.... I"m good. I hate to see us go backwards and that's where we're going like it or not. The problem with us going backwards is that it's not so easy to go forward after you do that. NOT IN ATLANTA.

So you're okay with having an early playoff exit each year while knowing we can't get any other pieces due to his contract. Don't forget he's getting old too. You knew it was best for the team regardless of who we get or don't get.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I hope for Joe's sake that NJ never makes the playoffs. I don't think I could bare watching JJ flame out in the bright lights of Brooklyn. Joe thought ATL was bad...well he ain't seen nothing yet.

• Moderators

Still not buying that anyone is saying Ferry is the second coming or that anyone believes we have a championship team. We're all happy that we're doing something that at least right now seems to be in a positive direction versus maintaining the status quo.This isn't at all what BK did. BK got rid of every single player on a pretty crappy team and replaced them with rookies and flotsam for the purpose of losing as many games as possible. Last i checked we had an all star, a guy most think is an all star, and a promising young PG still around. So 3/5s of the team. In fact, with Zaza we are bringing back 4 of the 6 guys who made up the real team last year and one of the guys who's gone is the guy most despised as a player. Keeping Al, Josh, and Teague and getting rid of Joe is the only move a smart gm would make. You don't trade talent in their prime unless you have a chance at putting a bunch of allstars together. You don't hold onto expensive, declining guys unless they are taking you to the conference finals every year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

No cap space and you cannot sign a center or PG. With cap we can even trade for one of those and absorb more contract than we send away. We have options now we did not have before to address these problems. No guarantee we can get the fix, but at least now we have more options to try than just late 1st round picks and even contract trades...

Why do you have all these players? Just because we draft a player doesn't mean we have to keep a player. There's a thing called Value. Lionel RIchie talked about it on Just to be close to you. Sometimes, we can take a player with value and get a player that we need. Talk about trading Horf or Josh and listen to Hawks fans scoff. When the truth is that these guys are both PFs and tweeners. When the game is slowed down, we get outplayed. Remember the Chicago series for a moment. We were besting Chicago as long as they allowed us to keep the game uptempo and play Iso with Teague.. But what happened.. Somebody woke up Boozer, Taj Gibson and Asik and said, we need to ground and pound... and they beat us senseless. It happens anytime we get in the playoffs.. This year it was KG... OLD ASS KG took us to the ground and pound. A few years ago it was Howard. Before that it was BIg Z, Lebron, and Varejo. We can't defend the ground and pound because Horf gives up too much size and Josh is not a Physical PF. Now think.. how did we win some of these series that we have won? Played Twin at the 5 and allowed Horf to play 4. Win game 6 in Milwaukee by shooting lights out.. and doubling Kurt Freaking Thomas???

So you're okay with having an early playoff exit each year while knowing we can't get any other pieces due to his contract. Don't forget he's getting old too. You knew it was best for the team regardless of who we get or don't get.

I'm better with a plan that doesn't involve Luck of the lotto.