• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons: Playoff Edition

Well it look like the Falcons will get the Seahawks. Seahawks are play the best football of any team in the NFC right now. I do not have a good feeling about this game at all. I just hope the Falcons are ready to go. If both teams play at their best I think the Falcons are the better team. Falcons recent playoff history have picked this time of the year to play their worst.

• Moderators

Well it look like the Falcons will get the Seahawks. Seahawks are play the best football of any team in the NFC right now. I do not have a good feeling about this game at all. I just hope the Falcons are ready to go. If both teams play at their best I think the Falcons are the better team. Falcons recent playoff history have picked this time of the year to play their worst.

i'm nervous too but i think our offensive and defensive coordinators have more of a clue now and I think Ryan has a better understanding that you can't be careless in the playoffs. With their running game and our run defense i really think the offense has to look to jump on them. I know their defense is good but we have a lot of passing weapons. The whole idea that we need to establish a running game is bunk. It ain't happening so let's just pass and pass.

HAHA...the SeaChickens pulled a "UGA" there at the end of the half....Falcons up 20-0 and looking fairly sharp. GO FALCONS !!!

Wow you almost cursed the Falcons like you did the Hawks last year in the playoffs. This could be an enormous confidence boost for the dirty birds. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  • Like 1

Wow you almost cursed the Falcons like you did the Hawks last year in the playoffs. This could be an enormous confidence boost for the dirty birds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

HAHA...we almost screwed that up...but a WIN is a WIN !!!!

...survive and advance

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by DJlaysitup

Think I need to get my blood pressure checked after that game..

How do you almost lose when it's 27-7 in the 4th quarter. Pathetic. I sure hope Falcons D don't plan on not showing up next game too. After the first half was over, I could already tell that the defense was still in the locker room chillin. Falcons D NEED TO WAKE UP, and the defense play calling has to be better. No WAY you let a team come back and almost win when you have a lead like that in a PLAYOFF game.

Oh well... A win is a win! We can talk about this some other time. For now, time for the Falcons fans to celebrate!

Edited by AHawks89

Nice of the Seattle Coach - Carroll - to give Matt a practice kick Posted Image

I thought the semi-onside kick by us at the end was kind of odd...you don't see that everyday.

But hey...in almost all of the successful runs in the NCAA touney there is a game that was close and could have gone either way. Who knows...maybe this was ours in football.

Bottom line is - we are playing at home for the right to go to the Superbowl !! Posted Image

• Like 1

Happy but "meh" at the same time. If that put them to NO, I'd feel better. I feel like Ernest Byner or Warren Moon showed up on the sidelines.

Disappointed the O couldn't move the ball even to a get a FG, and the D for allowing TD"s late.

But they won, and finally hosting an NFC CG.

• Moderators

That was crazy. I definitely just thought it was a typical Atlanta sports melt down. That freezing the kicker just seems to be a bad idea to me but i'll take it. Then he seemed pissed that they gave him the timeout after Bryant missed.

We need to play much much better next week to go to the super bowl. Not sure the plan but Ryan needs to throw better. We need to punt better.

Apparently the kicker screwed up a pooch kick? How does that happen? Just blast it out of the end zone like you have been doing all game and let them try from the 20. We got lucky.

• Moderators

The freezing the kicker thing doesn't seem to have any evidence behind it supporting it at this point. I do feel it necessary to point out, though, that the idea that Seattle would have won but for the TO is a bit presumptuous. That play was being blown dead as the ball was hiked. It is not a good indication of how the play would have gone had there been no TO and the play been blown dead.

I agree that Atlanta lucked out with the on-side/squib kick. Is there a possible dumber move when the other team needs a FG than to give them fantastic field position almost guaranateed? 1 decent pass and they are in FG range. Crazy.

I hope the Falcons do some great gameplanning before next week. They have struggled to stop the read-zone offenses this season and if we are missing Abraham that is a tall order for this team.

On the positive side, my single biggest worry when Sea scored was that they were going to reverse it on replay and give them the ball on the 1 inch yard line with 31 seconds left. I feared they would run 15 seconds off the clock scoring and Atlanta wouldn't have enough time for a comeback. Ryan has done that 'connect on a few long passes to get into FG range' scenario very successfully in the past so I felt reasonably confident if we could have at least 30 seconds on the clock that the Falcons would have a good chance at winning. Glad to see the Matt Ryan era finally get off the ground in the post-season!

Edited by AHF

• Moderators

The freezing the kicker thing doesn't seem to have any evidence behind it supporting it at this point. I do feel it necessary to point out, though, that the idea that Seattle would have won but for the TO is a bit presumptuous. That play was being blown dead as the ball was hiked. It is not a good indication of how the play would have gone had there been no TO and the play been blown dead.

I agree that Atlanta lucked out with the on-side/squib kick. Is there a possible dumber move when the other team needs a FG than to give them fantastic field position almost guaranateed? 1 decent pass and they are in FG range. Crazy.

I hope the Falcons do some great gameplanning before next week. They have struggled to stop the read-zone offenses this season and if we are missing Abraham that is a tall order for this team.

On the positive side, my single biggest worry when Sea scored was that they were going to reverse it on replay and give them the ball on the 1 inch yard line with 31 seconds left. I feared they would run 15 seconds off the clock scoring and Atlanta wouldn't have enough time for a comeback. Ryan has done that 'connect on a few long passes to get into FG range' scenario very successfully in the past so I felt reasonably confident if we could have at least 30 seconds on the clock that the Falcons would have a good chance at winning. Glad to see the Matt Ryan era finally get off the ground in the post-season!

I thought the same that Bryant just took a practice kick to check some things but hearing his comments it sounded like he went through like it was the kick. Anyway. I actually had a lot of faith in him. He's usually clutch.

Definitely leaving some time on the clock helped us out. That was painful and exciting.

That was crazy. I definitely just thought it was a typical Atlanta sports melt down. That freezing the kicker just seems to be a bad idea to me but i'll take it. Then he seemed pissed that they gave him the timeout after Bryant missed.

We need to play much much better next week to go to the super bowl. Not sure the plan but Ryan needs to throw better. We need to punt better.

Apparently the kicker screwed up a pooch kick? How does that happen? Just blast it out of the end zone like you have been doing all game and let them try from the 20. We got lucky.

Seattle has one of the best kick returners in the league in Leon Washington. Smitty did not want to give him a chance to bead us............especially after watching Holliday return 2 kicks for TDs in the Denver / Baltimore game on Saturday.

We simply messed up on the squib kick..........I think we all know the intention was for it to be a hard bouncer to about the 25 or 30 yard line before being fielded. The intention was not for it to be an on side kick even though it may have appeared that way to some.

Who did the last kickoff ?

The reason I ask is that Matt Bryant usely only does PAT and field goals. Our punter, Bosher, usually handles both punts and kickoffs but I think Matt Bryant was sent out for the squib kick.........which is something he probably has not attempted in years.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

Seattle has one of the best kick returners in the league in Leon Washington. Smitty did not want to give him a chance to bead us............especially after watching Holliday return 2 kicks for TDs in the Denver / Baltimore game on Saturday.

We simply messed up on the squib kick..........I think we all know the intention was for it to be a hard bouncer to about the 25 or 30 yard line before being fielded. The intention was not for it to be an on side kick even though it may have appeared that way to some.

Who did the last kickoff ?

The reason I ask is that Matt Bryant usely only does PAT and field goals. Our punter, Bosher, usually handles both punts and kickoffs but I think Matt Bryant was sent out for the squib kick.........which is something he probably has not attempted in years.

I'm pretty sure it was Bosher doing the kickoff. He did not have a good day. Hmmm. Just checked and they show 2, 42 yard punts for Bosher. I could have sworn he shanked one in the fourth for about 25 yards. Of course everything was getting blurry by then. Sorry Bosher. Not trying to throw you under the bus.