• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Hawks re-sign Smoove I may have to find a new team to support.

ATLscrubLove

Guys I'm one of the biggest Hawks fans you'll meet. I've been with this team through the really rough years so to finally be in the postion Ferry has put us in for this summer forward has got me excited for things to come. However, his decision on Smoove is the most crucial decision he has to make this summer and will ultimately determine how good our team will be moving forward. Smoove has been a cancer to this team for as long as I can remember ( aside from maybe 2004 season, that whole squad was crap ). As long as he remains in a Hawks uniform this team will go no where, like being stuck in an endless black hole with no light at the end of the tunnel. I've dealt with him for 9 years too long, time for a change.

I know this post is a bit early as we are still a few months away from free agency but I'm fed up. He thinks it's all about him, do you think he really cares about this team? NO, let's not forget his comments after the Boston series last year and everything that has escalated this season with his alleged remarks about how he thinks he is a max player. A team captain and veteran should not conduct himself this way, period. Even on the court he thinks it's all about him, sure he will pass the ball up occasionally but he loves to jack up those jumpers and tries to run the show like a point guard which results in him turning the ball over. Heck I can't even remember the last time I saw a J Smoove run down rejection do you? You can't, because he doesn't try anymore. He stays back and complains to the refs or just stays back moseying around like an idiot. He is just playing for that large amount of money coming his way this summer. Josh Smith is an embarrassment to this organization and to the city of Atlanta.

I love what Danny Ferry has done thus far but to me his decision on Smoove will ultimately determine where this team will be for the next 3-4 years. If he retains Smoove, there is no hope for the Hawks.

Edited by ATLscrubLove
  • Like 1

Josh is very good - - Border line great.

His problem? He tries to do things his way and things he is

not capable of doing and he refuses to change. He so wants

to do great things and he tries - He tries too hard. Things he

can't really do and he should be smart enough to know, he goes

ahead and does them, or tries to do them, regardless of how bad

it hurts the team.

I hope he leaves - Preferably to the west coast. We once had a

13 win season here and I was a fan thru it all. There was nothing

we could do about it at the time so we fans endured it.

Josh leaving is something that the Hawks can do - Hopefully.

We'll see.

I really dont mind resigning Josh. My problem is with the coaching.

When you rebuild or try to change a certain culture in sports, it starts from the top and goes down.

The Hawks remind me of when Phil was hired in Chicago. The Bulls were a playoff team and they fired the coach and replaced him with Phil Jackson. I think Larry Drew needs to be fired and replaced with a coach with a reputation for winning and can hold players accountable.

Josh shoots those long range jumpers and 3s because LD accepts it. If he knew he would be benched or the coach would go Mike Rice on him he wouldnt shoot it.

To be honest i want the whole coaching staff replaced with people from outside of the hawks organization. We need to make a change there.

Josh talks about he wants Phillips to be jumping like the playoffs. Well the crowd does get loud when they see you dialing up a 3 or a 21ft 2 point jump shot. We also have to beat the good teams. When they bring their bandwagon fans into Phillips that should give you that extra motivation to shut those fans up and send them home crying. Its hard to support the Hawks when we lose to these teams and their fans just keep ragging on us.

Would i resign Josh? Yes. Max money? No Fire larry drew? Yes

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Guys I'm one of the biggest Hawks fans you'll meet. I've been with this team through the really rough years so to finally be in the postion Ferry has put us in for this summer forward has got me excited for things to come. However, his decision on Smoove is the most crucial decision he has to make this summer and will ultimately determine how good our team will be moving forward. Smoove has been a cancer to this team for as long as I can remember ( aside from maybe 2004 season, that whole squad was crap ). As long as he remains in a Hawks uniform this team will go no where, like being stuck in an endless black hole with no light at the end of the tunnel. I've dealt with him for 9 years too long, time for a change. I know this post is a bit early as we are still a few months away from free agency but I'm fed up. He thinks it's all about him, do you think he really cares about this team? NO, let's not forget his comments after the Boston series last year and everything that has escalated this season with his alleged remarks about how he thinks he is a max player. A team captain and veteran should not conduct himself this way, period. Even on the court he thinks it's all about him, sure he will pass the ball up occasionally but he loves to jack up those jumpers and tries to run the show like a point guard which results in him turning the ball over. Heck I can't even remember the last time I saw a J Smoove run down rejection do you? You can't, because he doesn't try anymore. He stays back and complains to the refs or just stays back moseying around like an idiot. He is just playing for that large amount of money coming his way this summer. Josh Smith is an embarrassment to this organization and to the city of Atlanta. I love what Danny Ferry has done thus far but to me his decision on Smoove will ultimately determine where this team will be for the next 3-4 years. If he retains Smoove, there is no hope for the Hawks.

While I wouldn't go that far, I definitely understand your frustration. As usual, the Hawks ignored and refused to deal with the Smith situation and this is where it has put them. The Hawks will have the options of overpaying Josh to keep him or letting him walk for nothing. Neither option is good for the Hawks, but it's their own fault for not trading him at least two years ago.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I really dont mind resigning Josh. My problem is with the coaching. When you rebuild or try to change a certain culture in sports, it starts from the top and goes down. The Hawks remind me of when Phil was hired in Chicago. The Bulls were a playoff team and they fired the coach and replaced him with Phil Jackson. I think Larry Drew needs to be fired and replaced with a coach with a reputation for winning and can hold players accountable. Josh shoots those long range jumpers and 3s because LD accepts it. If he knew he would be benched or the coach would go Mike Rice on him he wouldnt shoot it.To be honest i want the whole coaching staff replaced with people from outside of the hawks organization. We need to make a change there.Josh talks about he wants Phillips to be jumping like the playoffs. Well the crowd does get loud when they see you dialing up a 3 or a 21ft 2 point jump shot. We also have to beat the good teams. When they bring their bandwagon fans into Phillips that should give you that extra motivation to shut those fans up and send them home crying. Its hard to support the Hawks when we lose to these teams and their fans just keep ragging on us. Would i resign Josh? Yes. Max money? No Fire larry drew? Yes

Ideally, both would be gone. LD isn't the coach to take a team to an elite level, but Smoove's biggest problem isn't coaching. It's himself. LD maybe the big enabler, but there is absolutely no excuse for a nine year veteran to exhibit that kind of low bbiq by routinely and proudly taking extremely low percentage shoots that are essentially turnovers and trying to play point guard when he's not. It shouldn't take a coach to get a veteran player to see something that obvious. That's a huge problem. Edited by Jody23
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Chucker McChucker has to go. HAS TO GO. I can't wait to see the Hawks next year without that bum on the team.

There's that nickname again. Lol, too funny. But sadly, it fits him to a T. As far as him being on the team next year, I think Ferry shares your line of thinking.

I have said a couple of times that if we resign jbrick I will become anti-hawk until he is gone but I wont cheer for another team I will just become a general basketball fan that doesnt cheer for any team and just watch the nba for the love of the game.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Josh will not be back next year. I don't necessarily have an "inside source" but I've got it on good authority from someone who's a member here who works for the Hawks that unless Josh takes a nice pay CUT that he won't be back next year. And we all know how likely that is to happen. So enjoy these last 10+ games that Josh has with us because that will be the end.

That's easy to believe. We need to use that money on someone who not only will help us win but hopefully put more Hawks fans in the arena. Frankly I don't blame Josh for wanting to play where fans support the home team. I understand he is partly responsible for making that happen but it is what it is. Time for a new direction.

Of course, it was really disturbing to see Horford pass up an open 12 footer and pass to Josh for a straight on 3. What the hell Horf? Shoot the damn ball. You are our leader now.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Josh will not be back next year. I don't necessarily have an "inside source" but I've got it on good authority from someone who's a member here who works for the Hawks that unless Josh takes a nice pay CUT that he won't be back next year. And we all know how likely that is to happen. So enjoy these last 10+ games that Josh has with us because that will be the end.

I am not Dolfan's source but that is also how I see it. I don't think Ferry is willing to build around a flawed base and giving opposing defenses exactly what they want is a fundamentally flawed approach. I have been a big Josh fan so I am sad to see this happen to a talented player who loves the Hawks but a combination of coddling from the coaches and bad BBIQ from Josh has led us here.

Oh, and I will add that if the team does resign Josh that I will continue to support and cheer for my Hawks and to hope the light comes on for Josh (as unlikely as that now seems).

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

I stopped blaming Josh long ago. He'll always be a moron. I blame Drew for not invoking the "every open man shoot except Josh" rule into his offense and enforcing it and the players who pass it to him when he's clearly out of position and itching to shoot with ample time on the clock. It's like letting a pit bull into the house and expecting it not to tear up everything it sees.

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Josh will be gone. But it's crazy to see how people criticize our fan base, but yet... I see this from "huge Hawk fans." Posted Image

Keyword: HAWK fans. Not player X fans. I cheer for the team, not a player. Of course I want our players to succeed but if they're play is detrimental to the teams success then I want them gone.

I am not Dolfan's source but that is also how I see it. I don't think Ferry is willing to build around a flawed base and giving opposing defenses exactly what they want is a fundamentally flawed approach. I have been a big Josh fan so I am sad to see this happen to a talented player who loves the Hawks but a combination of coddling from the coaches and bad BBIQ from Josh has led us here.

Oh, and I will add that if the team does resign Josh that I will continue to support and cheer for my Hawks and to hope the light comes on for Josh (as unlikely as that now seems).

How do you know that you aren't my source?

• Like 3

I really dont mind resigning Josh. My problem is with the coaching.

When you rebuild or try to change a certain culture in sports, it starts from the top and goes down.

The Hawks remind me of when Phil was hired in Chicago. The Bulls were a playoff team and they fired the coach and replaced him with Phil Jackson. I think Larry Drew needs to be fired and replaced with a coach with a reputation for winning and can hold players accountable.

Josh shoots those long range jumpers and 3s because LD accepts it. If he knew he would be benched or the coach would go Mike Rice on him he wouldnt shoot it.

To be honest i want the whole coaching staff replaced with people from outside of the hawks organization. We need to make a change there.

Josh talks about he wants Phillips to be jumping like the playoffs. Well the crowd does get loud when they see you dialing up a 3 or a 21ft 2 point jump shot. We also have to beat the good teams. When they bring their bandwagon fans into Phillips that should give you that extra motivation to shut those fans up and send them home crying. Its hard to support the Hawks when we lose to these teams and their fans just keep ragging on us.

Would i resign Josh? Yes. Max money? No Fire larry drew? Yes

I really can't disagree here. If I was Ferry and running the show, both would be gone if/when (lean on the 'when' part) they are sent home packing come playoff time. I, like a lot of folks here, wished that he would've 'gotten it' by now. I wished that we didn't have such an enabler like LD in charge, who just accepts the idea of Osh (no 'J') chucking up one 22-foot brick after another as if he's in the three-point shooting contest. But like in the Ole Yeller film, it's time to put this dog down and move on...