• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trying for Stan Van Gundy!

Brotha2ThaNite

Said nothing about a sure thing - using SVG to possibly lure D12. Hawks will make strong push for D12 and having SVG would be a benefit.

I'm sorry, but "I've been telling y'all all season that Dwight will be an Atlanta Hawk" threw me off.

I see Van Gundy as an excellent choice, but having him here won't increase our chances of landing Dwight.

Edited by SmooveZilla

• Premium Member

Im so confused! I like that the hawks are trying to get Stan Van Gundy but I honestly thought Gundy and D12 hated each other but reading everybody else post they are apparently good friends again?!.....Well if thats the case great! We are really trying to lure D12! LOL

There have been a couple of articles out there about Dwight having a new found respect for SVG after his season in LAL.Honestly, getting SVG would be huge. If he could get us Dwight, it'd be great (cause that will help us get CP3). The biggest thing would be Dwight growing up and being a mature pro and Stan might be the guy to make that happen.I'm trying not to get too excited about these rumors..it's kind of like a puzzle. SVG would be a perfect first piece.

Dwight and Stan are good now. They spoke/texted every week during the season. Dwight even called in as a guest to The Le Batard Show as a favor to Stan (who was guest hosting that day).Doesn't mean I'm convinced Dwight would play for him again, but if Mike Brown can go back to Cleveland, who's to say Dwight can't go back to Stan??Not to mention that even without luring Dwight a SVG signing would be AMAZING for this franchise...

• Like 1

This reeks of Byron Scott taking the Cavs job before the team ultimately got spurned by Lebron James.In respect to luring Howard here by hiring SVG Surely Ferry has a better plan than throwing some shjt against the wall and hoping it sticks.

This reeks of Byron Scott taking the Cavs job before the team ultimately got spurned by Lebron James.In respect to luring Howard here by hiring SVG Surely Ferry has a better plan than throwing some shjt against the wall and hoping it sticks.

It's called due deligence - SVG must know there is no guarantee in getting D12 as would Ferry. They would discuss a game plan with and without D12.

It's called due deligence - SVG must know there is no guarantee in getting D12 as would Ferry. They would discuss a game plan with and without D12.

Right. Even if it doesn't lure Dwight, this is still a very good move. He could have the best coach we've had in nearly 20 years.

Dwight and Stan are good now. They spoke/texted every week during the season. Dwight even called in as a guest to The Le Batard Show as a favor to Stan (who was guest hosting that day).Doesn't mean I'm convinced Dwight would play for him again, but if Mike Brown can go back to Cleveland, who's to say Dwight can't go back to Stan??Not to mention that even without luring Dwight a SVG signing would be AMAZING for this franchise...

Dwight or no Dwight SVG would be a HUGE signing and one I'd be all for!!! He's an excellent coach with a lot of proven success and even somewhat succeeded with Otis screwing his roster up every chance he got. SVG is my first choice, even ahead of Phil since I think he'd be around for a while. Please make it happen Ferry!

Here is an article that has SVG talking about his mended relationship with Dwight Howard. Back from December of '12.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/29/sports/la-sp-bolch-lakers-howard-20121230

Just a small quote from the article:

Stan Van Gundy still exchanges friendly text messages with the player who he once claimed wanted him fired.

Van Gundy will tell Dwight Howard good luck before a game, or inform the star center that he played well after a solid performance for the Lakers.

Edited by johnnyde

See I didn't know all this. Maybe Dwight sees that Stan Van helped make him a better player. Brian Hill, Mike Brown and D Antoni didn't know how to use him and he knew that. SVG is a respectable coach in this league as well so CP3 wouldn't mind it.

• Like 2

What d12 thinks about SVG should have ZERO influence on whether or not we hire him. He is a great coach and probably the best coach we will have in a VERY long time.

He will bring structure, discipline, and a great defensive mind.

• Like 2

What d12 thinks about SVG should have ZERO influence on whether or not we hire him. He is a great coach and probably the best coach we will have in a VERY long time. He will bring structure, discipline, and a great defensive mind.

So many of us have been begging for a coach with successful head coaching experience, for a long time. After the Kruger experiment, we should have hired a vet head coach. SVG would be a nice change.

• Premium Member

As much as I would like to see us get Dwight, I don't think SVG will do that.

However, I think he's a good coach.

That sad part is that with Dwight... SVG was outcoached by LD.

@WojYahooNBA: Y! Sources: The Atlanta Hawks are pursuang Stan Van Gundy to be the franchise's coach. http://t.co/SE1GmZlarB Old crap, I don't know what to think about this... Ohhhh yes I do. I've been telling y'all all season that Dwight will be an Atlanta Hawk. :-)

1st post and YES! I love Stan Van Gundy!
  • Like 1