• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If the Hawks did get D12/CP3 is Horf the best fit for a trio?

HawkItus

I'm wondering if it would not be better to have a good athletic wing that can play defense(Not Josh)? We know from having Joe here for so many years, that the 2/3 spot can be a difference maker if you have a top 5 player their. Just for instance would D12/Horf/CP3 be better than D12/Iggy/CP3?

Horford fits very well with CP3 & D12. His mid-range ability, tough defense, and rebounding all compliment Paul and Dwight's game. Two rebounders are a part of winning teams. Dwight might not get his 20 boards but he can still average 10 a game with Al coming in around 9. For offense, Al is a nice guy for Dwight to kick to if double teamed.

Paul and Al are made for each other of pick and pops and pick and rolls.

In terms of wing players, I think you can get the defensive wing much more cheaply than a declining Iggy.

Lastly, the Paul/Al/Dwight combo makes the Hawks strong exactly where the Heat a weak (and the reverse is also true). It would make for a very interesting playoff series when the two clubs end up going head to head, not to mention the regular season.

So, I'm very good with Al being the anchor guy and bringing in the two big fish this offseason

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 4

This is interesting to be honest I would rather keep horford and get a wing player that can shoot lights out like Korver! But I get where you are coming from especially when you put iggy in the equation.My feelings towards this is that we can have two dominant BIGs which alot of teams don't have. Either way it goes I'm happy just get Paul and Dwight here.....please!

Getting Kyle Korver resigned would be imperative as well. Korver states that he wants to return. I wonder how the Hawks will be able to work it under the salary structure if they can add Paul and Howard?

PG - Paul

SG - Jenkins

SF - Korver

PF - Horford

C - Howard

With Lou Williams being a scorer off the bench.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I was going to post a thread similar to this one. It has me thinking of the possibilities that Horford could bring in staying and being traded. If we keep Horford, Dwight & Paul would have a great PF to work with. Dwight would have his PF to do battle with him. Dwight/Pau duo showed to work in LA once Kobe got injured. Paul and Horf running the PnR would be deadly. Honestly, Horford is the most flexible player out the three as he is a grid shooter w/ a post game and runs the PnR.

Another thing I thought of is with the Clips interested in David West, maybe Paul would be interested in a SnT deal with Horf going to LAC. Even with Paul leaving LAC, they still have Bledsoe and would end up with a very good starting unit of Jordan/Horford/Griffin/???/Bledsoe. Then with Horford off the books too, turn around and sign Dwight (max) and Iggy ($11.5 mil/yr). Then roll with:

C - Dwight

PF - ???/Ivan

SF - Iggy

SG - Korver

PG - Paul

IMO, we'd be better off keeping Horford because he will work so well with both guys.

I was going to post a thread similar to this one. It has me thinking of the possibilities that Horford could bring in staying and being traded. If we keep Horford, Dwight & Paul would have a great PF to work with. Dwight would have his PF to do battle with him. Dwight/Pau duo showed to work in LA once Kobe got injured. Paul and Horf running the PnR would be deadly. Honestly, Horford is the most flexible player out the three as he is a grid shooter w/ a post game and runs the PnR.

Another thing I thought of is with the Clips interested in David West, maybe Paul would be interested in a SnT deal with Horf going to LAC. Even with Paul leaving LAC, they still have Bledsoe and would end up with a very good starting unit of Jordan/Horford/Griffin/???/Bledsoe. Then with Horford off the books too, turn around and sign Dwight (max) and Iggy ($11.5 mil/yr). Then roll with:

C - Dwight

PF - ???/Ivan

SF - Iggy

SG - Korver

PG - Paul

IMO, we'd be better off keeping Horford because he will work so well with both guys.

You wouldn't try to sign Josh if we got rid of Horford?

horford can fit fine with them but I would shop horford and look into getting a perimeter threat that can create his own shot and take some of the ball handling pressure off of cp3 so we wont have clippers/NO part 3.

the league is SATURATED with PFs I think we wont have any trouble finding a starting level PF to hold down the position.

Edited by yungsta

horford can fit fine with them but I would shop horford and look into getting a perimeter threat that can create his own shot and take some of the ball handling pressure off of cp3 so we wont have clippers/NO part 3.

Can't Lou do that?

The problem with Clippers was Paul's bigs disappeared and he had to play hero ball. With Dwight/Horford he won't have that problem.

While

Lin

Harden

Parsons

Dwight

Aisk

is better than

Teague

Horf

Howard for now

CP3

Jenkins

Korver

Horford

Howard is elite and the best team in the NBA and better on paper than Miami.

Horford would be deadly with CP3. Any PG with playmaking ability than the crap we have now at the position.

Edited by Leadership
  • Like 1

• Moderators
No. Who is that may I ask?
A nut case that was on the boards months back that claimed he was an NBA scout from D.C.. He had a man crush with O.J. Mayo and met his demise after he threatened to kill a member on Hawksquawk. He was a sad, sad fellow and gets mentioned occasionally when someone feels a poster is talking madness... :). The nutcase in a nutshell...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

A nut case that was on the boards months back that claimed he was an NBA scout from D.C.. He had a man crush with O.J. Mayo and met his demise after he threatened to kill a member on Hawksquawk. He was a sad, sad fellow and gets mentioned occasionally when someone feels a poster is talking madness... Posted Image. The nutcase in a nutshell...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, he sounds like a terrible poster. I seen a couple here that seems like they would give that guy a run for the money.