• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

I'm gonna be going old with this pick. With the 42nd pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Draft, The Atlanta Attack select................ The Greatest PF of all time Tim Duncan Tim Duncan is a hall of fame player, and his championship pedigree is something I could not ignore. For a player his age, he can still out perform most PF's in today's game, not because of his athleticism, but because of his Basketball I.Q. which is something that is so amazing. Tim Duncan averaged 17.8 ppg 9.9 rpg and 2.7 bpg. He also had a 24.45 PER which ranked 6th in the league behind Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, and Brook Lopez. I am so fortunate and honored to add a player of his pedigree to my team, and I am looking forward to him having another outstanding season. ATLANTA ATTACK CURRENT ROSTER: PG: Russell WestbrookSG: SF:PF: Tim DuncanC: David Lee AHF will be PM'd.

I got Timmy in the 6th round last year.....stupid value but great pick. I was hoping he would fall again like that this year so I can snag him again but I guess no such luck.
  • Like 1

I got Timmy in the 6th round last year.....stupid value but great pick. I was hoping he would fall again like that this year so I can snag him again but I guess no such luck.

I couldn't pass up hall of famer, especially one that fits a need on my team.

• Moderators

After churning through about 20 possible choices, the U-Niques have settled on our man. He is a jack of all trades and stud defender who just completed his age 27 season and is coming off his second consecutive All-Star appearance. He isn't a dominating #1 but he has no weakness and just adds to the table. He missed time in the playoffs but it wasn't an injury, it was an illness that won't affect him going forward. In fact, he has been an iron man who has played big minutes nearly every season of his career. Now he can play those minutes with Wade and Dwight.

The U-Niques select:

Luol Deng

Plus he has had success against Lebron as documented by this overly enthusiastic fan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1TcGUk228o

PG:

SG: Dwyane Wade

SF: Luol Deng

PF:

C: Dwight Howard

Alex has been PM'd

• Like 1

• Moderators

AHF I guess you couldn't continue your strategy of picking guys whose names start with DW huh?

You tap out that strategy pretty quickly. Dwight Yokum may be in my queue, though...

• Like 1

Well you had to start that at some point in this draft.

I roll with the waves, baby!

With the 45th pick the MaceCase of the Ex select Larry Sanders, C from VCU via Milwaukee.

Larry, how do you feel about your selection?

Posted Image

Continuing the trend of 3rd year players on the cusp of stardom in their 4th season, Larry has worked his way up to being one of the most feared paint defenders in the entire league actually besting Serge Ibaka for best shot blocking %. Larry has proven to be no slouch either on the boards and has and an improving offensive game. With Larry Drew there to temper and harness the mercurial center/forward's potential the sky is the limit. Larry will be anchoring the defense, protecting Blake and Wall when he gambles while offering yet another young Buck that wants to get out, run and slam the ball down the defense's throat while also being yet another triple double threat on any given night.

Edited by MaceCase
  • Like 4

I knew that you were going to go Sanders there. He's a good pick here.

Looks like it's finally my turn again and I will try and get this pick in once I'm done cooking dinner Alejandro.

You're right although I was trying to talk myself out of the pick by selecting the ever enticing player XXXXX but I figured I could get either a decent Guard or Forward later whereas there's far less of a chance any decent rim protectors survive the next 30,000,000 picks before I'm at it again.

With the 46th pick, in the 2013 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects:
Nerlens 'Snub' Noel, PF/C - 6'11" 216lbs
After being snubbed with the top overall pick in the lesser important NBA draft, we've decided to take a gamble on the 1st rookie taken in the Dynasty Draft. Noel compares favorably with the #1 pick in the 2012 NBA draft, who was also taken 17th overall in the 2013 Dynasty Draft. A truly ELITE level shot blocker, with some of the quickest hands I've ever seen on a big man, Noel gets a ton of steals and can really get out and run the break and finish with the best of them. A knee injury hurt his stock some and he's going to spend a lot of the summer recovering, but we're willing to be patient and allow him to heal slowly and properly.

Any discussion about Noel's potential as a NBA prospect should start with his phenomenal physical attributes. Measured at 6-10 without shoes, with a 7-4 wingspan and exceptional athletic ability, Noel is a rare specimen. He runs the floor like a guard, is extremely nimble and quick, and has pogo stick leaping ability. This allows him to cover ground unbelievably well both vertically and horizontally, which helps him impact the game in numerous ways. It's safe to say that, should he make a full recovery from his injury as expected, he'll be one of the most athletic big men in the NBA.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2XZBWxNos
http://www.draftexpress.com

PG - Derrick Rose

SG / SF - Kawhi Leonard

PF / C - Nerlens Noel

Alejandro is now on the clock and has been PM'd

• Moderators

First Round

1. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Lebron James

2. jy23 - Kevin Durant

3. KB21 - Chris Paul

4. Buzzard - Marc Gasol