2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Admin

I am shocked he is still on the board

Capstone's Crew is proud to select DERON WILLIAMS PG

We have our star point guard and could not be happier. He was a serious consideration with our first pick and am surprised to get him with our second round pick. For years it has been debated who is the better point guard...Paul or DWill. Paul has obviously taken the lead step this past season but Williams is no slouch and to last into the 20s is a coup for the Crew!

Deron is the perfect compliment to Kevin Love and I can't think of a better guy to run our offense. A creative passer he always find a way to get the ball to the right player at the right time. He can score from anywhere and is a big tough point guard who causes matchup problems for every opponent. The Crew is here to compete!

north is up and will be pm'd

• Like 1

I am shocked he is still on the board

Capstone's Crew is proud to select DERON WILLIAMS PG

We have our star point guard and could not be happier. He was a serious consideration with our first pick and am surprised to get him with our second round pick. For years it has been debated who is the better point guard...Paul or DWill. Paul has obviously taken the lead step this past season but Williams is no slouch and to last into the 20s is a coup for the Crew!

Deron is the perfect compliment to Kevin Love and I can't think of a better guy to run our offense. A creative passer he always find a way to get the ball to the right player at the right time. He can score from anywhere and is a big tough point guard who causes matchup problems for every opponent. The Crew is here to compete!

north is up and will be pm'd

(( sigh )) . . . selected that fast.

OK . . I'll make my pick soon.

• Like 1

THX...now the long wait begins until my next pick Posted Image

At least you did the right thing and picked tonight so that the draft could proceed. You got a great value and you caught North up so that he can make his pick as well. But yeah it's gonna be a while before ya pick again! I'm glad I never have a super long wait but I also never have a short wait either and it sucks being stuck in the middle of the round.

• Admin

At least you did the right thing and picked tonight so that the draft could proceed. You got a great value and you caught North up so that he can make his pick as well. But yeah it's gonna be a while before ya pick again! I'm glad I never have a super long wait but I also never have a short wait either and it sucks being stuck in the middle of the round.

Actually middle of the round is where I prefer to be....

Both of my targets will be there in the 3rd round, so I may as well select this dude right now.

Ironically, it was capstone21 who took a chance on the man I'm about to select now with a 2nd round pick in the 2012 draft.

No suspense here. Been talking about him for a few weeks now.

The Lord of the Left Low Block.

The Mississippi Marauder

The Sultan of the Salt Flats.

With the 25th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft . . . Northcyde United selects . .

BIG

AL

JEFFERSONNNNNNNNNN

No sense in showing any more game clips. Might as well show a side of Jefferson that many don't see.

You've seen what the man can do. He's one of the best low post scorers in the game. He's one of the most consistent players in the game. When you look for a #2 guy to compliment a wing shooter, a low post DEMON like Jefferson is the one who can open up the entire floor for a #1 scorer like Melo.

At only 28 years old, he's already established himself as one of the premier big men in the game. And he plays a style of basketball that will be effective for 5 - 8 more years. While other near 7 footers are practicing their midrange jumper, Al can kill you in the low post, as well as in the midrange. Even the best defensive centers have major trouble stopping him.

Melo and Jefferson will be a lethal 1 - 2 punch for teams to handle, with both possessing the ability to be the #1 option when called upon.

Welcome to Northcyde United Mr. Jefferson.

Actually middle of the round is where I prefer to be....

Me too. I like this position.

• Like 2

Standing over 7’-0” and weighing in at 280lbs the ‘Man in the Middle’, The JayBird ‘Fighting’ Hawks select with the 25th pick:

Roy Hibbert, C – 7’-2” 280 lbs

At 26 years old, Hibbs came of age in this year’s playoffs. Under the tutelage of the best PF in the NBA last summer and continued texting throughout the season it did wonders for his game and I expect continued improvements.

Alejandro09 has been PM'd.

With my second selection, I draft Tony Parker. This is an elite level point guard who slips under the radar for the most part because of where he plays. I believe he will be a great influence on the younger Al Horford and some of the other guys that will be on this team.

Dolfon has been pm'd

Edited by alejandro09
  • Like 3

With the 28th pick, in the 2013 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects:
Kawhi 'The Aztec' Leonard, SF - 6'7" 225lbs
There aren't a whole lot of very good SF's in this draft and I feel that Leonard is on his way to becoming one of them, if he's not there yet. One of the best rebounding SF's in the league and a terrific spot up 3pt shooter as well as a tenacious defender and a guy who is on the verge of really breaking out, as we saw in the finals! Nobody is going to work harder than Leonard and he really fits in perfectly in any system and together with Derrick Rose are a great start on building a team who play the game the right way and with an intense passion like I am trying to build.
Alex is now on the clock and has been PM'd
  • Like 3

First Round

1. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Lebron James

2. jy23 - Kevin Durant

3. KB21 - Chris Paul

4. Buzzard - Marc Gasol

5. Diesel - Stephen Curry

6. AtlHawk3 - Russell Westbrook

7. AHF - Dwight Howard
8. Alex - James Harden

9. Colin/Macecase (actually made this pick at #16) - Blake Griffin

10. Dolfan - Derrick Rose

11. alejandro09 - Al Horford

12. JayBirdHawk - Kyrie Irving

13. northcyde - Carmelo Anthony

14. capstone - Kevin Love

15. MrNique - Paul George

16. Lethalweapon3 - LeMarcus Aldridge

17. coachx - Anthony Davis

18. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Ricky Rubio

Second Round

19. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Brook Lopez

20. coachx - Damian Lilliard

21. lw3 - DeMarcus Cousins

22. Colin / MaCase - John Wall

23. MrNique - Joakim Noah

24. capstone - Deron Williams

25. northcyde - Al Jefferson

26. JayBirdHawk - Roy Hibbert

27. alejandro09 - Tony Parker

28. Dolfan - Kawhi Leonard

28. Colin/MaceCase (actually makes this pick at 22) -

29. Alex -

30. AHF -

31. AtlHawk3 -

32. Diesel -

33. Buzzard -

34. KB21 -

35. jy23 -

36. Chinky_eyed_hawk -

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

Standing over 7’-0” and weighing in at 280lbs the ‘Man in the Middle’, The JayBird ‘Fighting’ Hawks select with the 25th pick:

Roy Hibbert, C – 7’-2” 280 lbs

At 26 years old, Hibbs came of age in this year’s playoffs. Under the tutelage of the best PF in the NBA last summer and continued texting throughout the season it did wonders for his game and I expect continued improvements.

Alejandro09 has been PM'd.

Great pick, assuming you get the 2nd half of the season / playoffs Hibbert, and I expect he will be that guy going forward. Great start with he and Kyrie Irving!

With my second selection, I draft Tony Parker. This is an elite level point guard who slips under the radar for the most part because of where he plays. I believe he will be a great influence on the younger Al Horford and some of the other guys that will be on this team.

Dolfon has been pm'd

I gotta admit Parker is a guy who I just wouldn't take for my team an there's honestly no reason why. He's a very good pick here and definitely makes any team better.

I gotta admit Parker is a guy who I just wouldn't take for my team an there's honestly no reason why. He's a very good pick here and definitely makes any team better.

All the point guards I had above him were taken already. All of the centers that I wanted to take with my second round pick were taken. I didn't think anyone would take Kawhi until the 3rd round and I might have a shot at him there (wrong).

With the 28th pick, in the 2013 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects:
Kawhi 'The Aztec' Leonard, SF - 6'7" 225lbs
There aren't a whole lot of very good SF's in this draft and I feel that Leonard is on his way to becoming one of them, if he's not there yet. One of the best rebounding SF's in the league and a terrific spot up 3pt shooter as well as a tenacious defender and a guy who is on the verge of really breaking out, as we saw in the finals! Nobody is going to work harder than Leonard and he really fits in perfectly in any system and together with Derrick Rose are a great start on building a team who play the game the right way and with an intense passion like I am trying to build.
Alex is now on the clock and has been PM'd

Really not liking drafting in between you and JBH. Everytime one of you picks, I have to rework my board.

• Like 1

I will add Rajon Rondo to my squad. No time for a write up because I am heading to the airport in a few minutes.

• Like 2

All the point guards I had above him were taken already. All of the centers that I wanted to take with my second round pick were taken. I didn't think anyone would take Kawhi until the 3rd round and I might have a shot at him there (wrong).

Parker was a great pick here. I don't know why he isn't considered among the 1st round picks as he certainly is deserving.

Leonard may have lasted until the 3rd but I just didn't want to take that chance. There are other good SF's out there but I feel that he does everything so well that I had to take him.