• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Admin

With the 17th selection in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Draft I select Anthony "The Unibrow" Davis.As just a baby, Davis stood up to the grown men in this league with 13.5 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.8 bpg, 51% FG, and a per of nearly 22. He was only 19 for mist of the season. "The Unibrow" will mature into one of the best bigs of his generation.My 17 month old is crying for her daddy somI have to cut this short.Psssssh will be PM'd.

Interesting pick...really has some potential

Interesting pick...really has some potential

I was about to stash him away until pick 20 but was afraid he may not be there.He was #9 on my draft board.I'm feeling pretty good considering I picked 3 players after pick 16 last year......who were all selected at pick 16 or higher this year. Edited by coachx

• Moderators

I was about to stash him away until pick 20 but was afraid he may not be there.He was #9 on my draft board.I'm feeling pretty good considering I picked 3 players after pick 16 last year......who were all selected at pick 16 or higher this year.

I really like the pick. His per 36 numbers are great already and he has so much upside at his length and age. Great foundational player at this point in the draft for a long-term build.

I'm surprised by the Davis pick but he went pretty early last year too. He's a very talented young guy though and does everything well.

I think he would have been a good pick for me to pair up along side Gasol. Hornets need a star, I fully expect Davis MPG to go from 28.8 to the 35 or more per game. 15 and 10 is in his very very near future.

Oh shit I just saw thisCan I join in at end of round one?

I think AHF can add you as the 2nd alternate behind Sultan. Mace has already replaced one person so who knows when we will have to replace others.

I think he would have been a good pick for me to pair up along side Gasol. Hornets need a star, I fully expect Davis MPG to go from 28.8 to the 35 or more per game. 15 and 10 is in his very very near future.

Yeah I'm interested to see where coach will play him, at the 4 or 5.

I think AHF can add you as the 2nd alternate behind Sultan. Mace has already replaced one person so who knows when we will have to replace others.Yeah I'm interested to see where coach will play him, at the 4 or 5.

A lot like Horford. He can play both and his FT shooting indicates his mid-range game is or can be solid.

• Moderators

With the 18th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's Birds of a Feather select:

RICKY RUBIO, PG

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/VHL5c0Q_pp2ikpnSrB3djg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/Ricky-Rubio-is-so-amped-about-all-the-fun-hes-about-to-have.-Brace-Hemmelgarn-USA-TODAY-Sports-Images.jpg]

Coming off a year long ACL injury, Rubio had a good second half of the season posting 10.7 ppg, 7.3 apg, 4.0 rpg, and a PER of 16.20 in the 2012-13 season. At only 22 years old, he is already showing the ability of a true NBA PG as he has amazing court vision and ability to pass the ball. He runs the PnR very effectively and can score when he has to. I believe Rubio is a guy that can be my floor general for the next 10+ seasons. I selected Rubio over another PG with similar initials because of Rubio being 5 years younger while putting up similar production without the locker room issues. Rubio is also a guy that is a fan favorite and guy I am proud to have on Birds of a Feather.

PSSSHHHRRR87 has been PM'd http://hawksquawk.net/community//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png]

• Like 1

• Moderators

With the 19th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's Birds of a Feather select:

BROOK LOPEZ, C

Posted Image

One of the big up and coming centers in the league, he is a perfect match for Rubio in the PnR. He will be the anchor of my defense and is noted as a great player to be around. Coming off a season in which he was voted to the All-Star team, he posted 19.4 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 2.1 bpg, and a PER of 24.81. He is reliable in the post and has a good mid-range game as well. He may not be a flashy, sexy pick, but this year I am looking to make a team with great character guys for the next decade. At only 25 years of age, I feel ole Brook will be in town a long, long time.

C - Brook Lopez

PF -

SF -

SG -

PG - Ricky Rubio

coachx has been P to the M'd

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

First Round

1. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Lebron James

2. jy23 - Kevin Durant

3. KB21 - Chris Paul

4. Buzzard - Marc Gasol

5. Diesel - Stephen Curry

6. AtlHawk3 - Russell Westbrook

7. AHF - Dwight Howard
8. Alex - James Harden

9. Colin/Macecase - Blake Griffin

10. Dolfan - Derrick Rose

11. alejandro09 - Al Horford

12. JayBirdHawk - Kyrie Irving

13. northcyde - Carmelo Anthony

14. capstone - Kevin Love

15. MrNique - Paul George

16. Lethalweapon3 - LeMarcus Aldridge

17. coachx - Anthony Davis

18. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Ricky Rubio

Second Round

19. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Brook Lopez

20. coachx -

21. lw3 ~

22. MrNique -

23. capstone -

24. northcyde -

25. JayBirdHawk

26. alejandro09 -

27. Dolfan -

28. Colin/MaceCase

29. Alex -

30. AHF -

31. AtlHawk3 -

32. Diesel -

33. Buzzard -

34. KB21 -

35. jy23 -

36. Chinky_eyed_hawk -

• Moderators

Wow now that's a shocker. Especially if Lopez is unable to play this year.

@#$%... Guess I should have read more than stat lines about him... lol Posted Image Oh well. I took Rubio knowing his injury past, so I feel confident about Lopez. Plus, this is a draft for the next ten years, not just next season. Injury didn't keep you from selecting D-Rose!

EDIT: Reports say that Lopez should be available for the start of the season, but so was ######...

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

@#$%... Guess I should have read more than stat lines about him... lol Posted Image Oh well. I took Rubio knowing his injury past, so I feel confident about Lopez. Plus, this is a draft for the next ten years, not just next season. Injury didn't keep you from selecting D-Rose!

EDIT: Reports say that Lopez should be available for the start of the season, but so was ######...

The said that the titanium screw in his foot was bent but they got it replaced. He will probably be okay but you never know with that type of thing.

Rose's injury is different because it's over a year ago and there's no screw in him. I think there's always a greater risk to re-injure something when you've got screws or plates holding it together, but you are right Rose is an injury risk too. Of course if he pans out he's a much more valuable player.

• Moderators

Now we are hitting the real surprises. I am bigger on the Rubio pick personally as I hate seeing a big man who can't grab 7 rebounds per game and carries an injury risk to boot. The guy can score, though. Rubio is kind of the flip side of that coin. He does everything well other than shoot the ball, and is a ton of fun to root for. Even his defense has been more effective to date than anyone was predicting for him. It will be interesting to watch all this play out for sure.

• Admin

Now we are hitting the real surprises. I am bigger on the Rubio pick personally as I hate seeing a big man who can't grab 7 rebounds per game and carries an injury risk to boot. The guy can score, though. Rubio is kind of the flip side of that coin. He does everything well other than shoot the ball, and is a ton of fun to root for. Even his defense has been more effective to date than anyone was predicting for him. It will be interesting to watch all this play out for sure.

This will be really e first season to see how good Rubio will be. Minny is healthy and I think he is really going to have a good year.