• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Admin

Capstone! Love was indeed my pick. Hopefully I can return the favor next round.I'll have more to say about future picks but I was nervous to get it in with a Colin replacement pending.

I like George and was thinking he was going to last to my next pick so you already returned the favor :)

• Like 2

With 15th Pick, Mr Nique selects:Paul George, SFOne of the best young wing talents in the league. Plays both ways and learning to be a star.PMing lethal weapon noe

George is a great pick and he was my alternate in case someone ahead of me took Rose. I even had a clever (not lethal level, Dolfan level) little write up done on him.

George is a great pick and he was my alternate in case someone ahead of me took Rose. I even had a clever (not lethal level, Dolfan level) little write up done on him.

Oh that reminds me..........it wil probably be a while until we see LW3's pick as he will have to write a novel on his selection ;>)

Its like playing golf with Sergio Garcia hitting in front of you.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2

• Admin

VERY VERY nice pick.

Thanks...I think he might have been forgotten due to his injury last season

The fact that Minny wouldn't give him up for that excellent package that the Cavs were offering told me that they believe he will be back to full health and ready to ball again next season

• Like 1

• Admin

Oh that reminds me..........it wil probably be a while until we see LW3's pick as he will have to write a novel on his selection ;>)

Its like playing golf with Sergio Garcia hitting in front of you.

'it was the best of times it was the worst of times'....

or

'Call me Ismael'...

• Like 2

I agree, there is a lot of talent still there who are very comparable to anyone after the top 2 guys.

BTW you really need to change your avatar / photo to this:

Posted Image

I tried but it says the picture is in the wrong format when I try to change my avatar.

Any suggestions ?

Edit - not sure why it wouldn't let you but I went ahead and added it. It's a good look for you!!

Edited by Dolfan23
Added picture

• Moderators

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

LOL just kidding! No novels, a Cliff's Notes pick in the next 20 minutes!

~lw3

'it was the best of times it was the worst of times'....

or

'Call me Ismael'...

Oh doggone it you beat me to it! Great minds think alike! lol

I'm gonna shutup and get to my draft machine pronto!

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators

1. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Lebron James

2. jy23 - Kevin Durant

3. KB21 - Chris Paul

4. Buzzard - Marc Gasol

5. Diesel - Stephen Curry

6. AtlHawk3 - Russell Westbrook

7. AHF - Dwight Howard8. Alex - James Harden

9. Colin/Macecase - TBD

10. Dolfan - Derrick Rose

11. alejandro09 - Al Horford

12. JayBirdHawk - Kyrie Irving

13. northcyde - Carmelo Anthony

14. capstone - Kevin Love

15. MrNique - Paul George

16. Lethalweapon3

17. coachx

18. PSSSHHHRRR87

With the 9th, er 16th? pick of the 2013 Dynasty Draft, Money Mace selects Blake Griffin, F from Oklahoma.

With his All NBA PG allegedly returning, the Ginger Zinger is set to improve on yet another great season in his young NBA career posting greater efficiency highs. If Chris Paul (I can mention him right? He's already selected) decides that peachy pastures are more to his liking then I'm still covered and would probably see an up tick in volume stats from my dunk aficionado and Funny or Die alum.

• Like 3

With the 9th, er 16th? pick of the 2013 Dynasty Draft, Money Mace selects Blake Griffin, F from Oklahoma.

With his All NBA PG allegedly returning, the Ginger Zinger is set to improve on yet another great season in his young NBA career posting greater efficiency highs. If Chris Paul (I can mention him right? He's already selected) decides that peachy pastures are more to his liking then I'm still covered and would probably see an up tick in volume stats from my dunk aficionado and Funny or Die alum.

I don't think you can get a more solid dependable player this late in the 1st round. Blake goes in the top ten like clockwork and at the end of the season he is ranked stat wise in the top ten just the same.

• Moderators

With the 16th pick in the 2013 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Injections select:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uqjMvuwRfU

LaMarcus Aldridge, Power Forward, 6’11, 245 lbs.

This back-to-back reigning All-Star turns 28 years old next month, and is the only NBA player to finish 2012-13 in the Top 10 in per-game scoring and the Top 20 in per-game rebounding. Despite being the Portland Trail Blazers’ top offensive option, he also finished in the Top 20 among eligible NBA players for the lowest turnover percentage.

He’s proven to be pretty darn resilient despite a seven-season injury history that includes back stiffness, plantar fasciitis, a shooting wrist sprain, a sore hip, ankle sprains, and a heart ailment. Since correcting the heart disorder in his rookie year, Aldridge has appeared in at least 83% of Blazer games in each of the last six seasons.

He has ample opportunity to improve his offensive game by reducing his overreliance on mid-range jumpshots. In fact, LMA is undoubtedly the king of this customarily inefficient shot. In 2012-13, he lofted over 100 more of them than any other NBA player, up more than 1.5 per game than the prior season. While he makes a pedestrian 43% of them, it’s not enough for that shot to be relied upon so heavily. He had just slightly more dunks, tips, and layups last season than he did in the lockout-shortened 2011-12. While he works to enhance his post game, the Injections’ offensive game plan must find Aldridge more opportunities for chippies in the paint, and must create better passing options when he steps out.

While not known for his defense, Aldridge has a decent blocked-shot percentage over his career that is high among active power forwards. His block percentage in 2012-13 was the highest since 2008, while his defensive rebounding numbers were easily career-highs.

Due to his understated personality and media profile, LaMarcus is not the first guy people look to as a primetime player. But he has grown quite accustomed to carrying teams with lowered expectations, particularly in the last three-and-a-half seasons. He’ll be a vital fuel for the Injections’ engine.

The sage coachx has been PM’d.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Admin

With the 16th pick in the 2013 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Injections select:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uqjMvuwRfU

LaMarcus Aldridge, Power Forward, 6’11, 245 lbs.

This back-to-back reigning All-Star turns 28 years old next month, and is the only NBA player to finish 2012-13 in the Top 10 in per-game scoring and the Top 20 in per-game rebounding. Despite being the Portland Trail Blazers’ top offensive option, he also finished in the Top 20 among eligible NBA players for the lowest turnover percentage.

He’s proven to be pretty darn resilient despite a seven-season injury history that includes back stiffness, plantar fasciitis, a shooting wrist sprain, a sore hip, ankle sprains, and a heart ailment. Since correcting the heart disorder in his rookie year, Aldridge has appeared in at least 83% of Blazer games in each of the last six seasons.

He has ample opportunity to improve his offensive game by reducing his overreliance on mid-range jumpshots. In fact, LMA is undoubtedly the king of this customarily inefficient shot. In 2012-13, he lofted over 100 more of them than any other NBA player, up more than 1.5 per game than the prior season. While he makes a pedestrian 43% of them, it’s not enough for that shot to be relied upon so heavily. He had just slightly more dunks, tips, and layups last season than he did in the lockout-shortened 2011-12. While he works to enhance his post game, the Injections’ offensive game plan must find Aldridge more opportunities for chippies in the paint, and must create better passing options when he steps out.

While not known for his defense, Aldridge has a decent blocked-shot percentage over his career that is high among active power forwards. His block percentage in 2012-13 was the highest since 2008, while his defensive rebounding numbers were easily career-highs.

Due to his understated personality and media profile, LaMarcus is not the first guy people look to as a primetime player. But he has grown quite accustomed to carrying teams with lowered expectations, particularly in the last three-and-a-half seasons. He’ll be a vital fuel for the Injections’ engine.

The sage coachx has been PM’d.

~lw3

I am def an Aldridge fan

With the 17th selection in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Draft I select Anthony "The Unibrow" Davis.As just a baby, Davis stood up to the grown men in this league with 13.5 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.8 bpg, 51% FG, and a per of nearly 22. He was only 19 for most of the season. "The Unibrow" will mature into one of the best bigs of his generation. He just needs to add some weight.My 17 month old is crying for her daddy so I have to cut this short.Psssssh will be PM'd.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2