• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

I object if and only if he takes the guy I want, since it pushes me down one in the 2nd. Seriously, I agree with Dolfan, I don't think it is that big of a deal to leave him where he was originally slotted, but I do agree that it wouldn't skew the snake thing at all either, so I leave it up to the powers that be.

• Moderators

Let's let MaceCase draft after lw3 in the 2nd round so he has the same draft distribution as everyone else and after that his picks will be back to normal to preserve Dolfan's spreadsheet.

I think no one is hurt by giving Colin/Mace the same 37 point round 1/2 pairing as everyone else. In fact, it means that everyone has the same 37 point distribution after round 2. Otherwise, you would have a bunch of people who arguably were in a better draft position than others in the first because someone's dad got hospitalized.

If you can go:

#1 - Stick Him With 16/28 - which results in either a legit fairness argument (not just for him but for others who don't get the benefit of a bump in draft status) or things are close enough for no harm no foul

or

#2 - Balance It - which results in a perfect distribution for everyone and no fairness issue for anyone

the latter seems like the cleanest path forward.

So final ruling is Colin/Mace picks after LW3 in round 2 and go back to their normal draft spot in round 3.

Going forward, this isn't going to be the situation for people who get caught up in meetings at work or who are on vacation, etc. so don't plan on seeing an adjustment again. I just don't want to already be out of wack during the most talent rich portion of the draft when we can clean it up in light of the compelling family issue underlying all of this.

Edited by AHF

My 4 year old daughter is a Daddy's girl too - she only wants him to read to her at bedtime (well she's doing the reading). I can't even be in the room, so we say prayers together then I get kicked out. :sobbing:

Awesome !She will be your mini-me soon enough though.

• Moderators

With the 21st pick in the 2013 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Injections select:

Posted Image

DeMarcus Cousins, Center, 6-foot-11, 270 lbs.

The Alabama hammer turns 23 in August. At least, physically, he will. Will his mind and conscience ever catch up with his physical stature?

I’m not sure Shaquille O’Neal is the go-to-guy for examples of mid-twenties maturity. But on the court, Shaq is a firm believer that this summer, he can work with DMC and turn him into “the best big man in the game.” Good luck with that! Cousins is motivated, at least in the short-term, with the almighty dollars that may accompany an improved season, ultimately in the form of a max contract. Since the Kings won’t give him one, maybe he’ll be inspired to earn a big payday with the Injections!

DeMarcus averaged a double-double in 2011-12, and was a shade of a rebound away from repeating that feat last season. But he

regressed in virtually every stat imaginable. Except for technicals and ejections, of course. Cousins must understand his ability to intimidate won’t be defined by the number of color analysts he challenges to a postgame duel.

Maybe Shaq can help with that. “Boogie” likes to get down – literally, in a crouched position that is working against him. On the plus side, it gets him lots of steals, leading all NBA centers the last two seasons. But it’s at the expense of everything else. Just 0.7 blocks per game is insufficient for a guy with his frame and workload, and his offensive rebounding percentage should be much higher. He slid from 1st in 2011-12 to 17th last season in offensive rebounds. His stance is putting him at an unnecessary disadvantage.

His shot selection is problematic, too, lofting threes at inopportune times, which is like always when you’re the Sacramento Kings.

Only one other NBA player took more mid-range shawties and connected on a lower percentage of them than DMC. The Injections’ personnel must make it clear that he should leave those shots to LMA, or better yet, to a capable wing player, and instead do what a guy with his stature does best.

With all the negatives, he’s got two things going for him right now: he’s still big, and he’s still young. The Injections will have to provide the personnel that can turn LMA and DMC from finesse bigs into post terrors and imposing defenders that still get their 20-and-10 every night. To get there, Cousins has to start playing with his big frame and not his big ego.

The ever-incisive MaceCase is on the ticker. Or, at least, he will be in the morning!

~lw3

Let's let MaceCase draft after lw3 in the 2nd round so he has the same draft distribution as everyone else and after that his picks will be back to normal to preserve Dolfan's spreadsheet. I think no one is hurt by giving Colin/Mace the same 37 point round 1/2 pairing as everyone else. In fact, it means that everyone has the same 37 point distribution after round 2. Otherwise, you would have a bunch of people who arguably were in a better draft position than others in the first because someone's dad got hospitalized. If you can go:#1 - Stick Him With 16/28 - which results in either a legit fairness argument (not just for him but for others who don't get the benefit of a bump in draft status) or things are close enough for no harm no foulor#2 - Balance It - which results in a perfect distribution for everyone and no fairness issue for anyonethe latter seems like the cleanest path forward. So final ruling is Colin/Mace picks after LW3 in round 2 and go back to their normal draft spot in round 3. Going forward, this isn't going to be the situation for people who get caught up in meetings at work or who are on vacation, etc. so don't plan on seeing an adjustment again. I just don't want to already be out of wack during the most talent rich portion of the draft when we can clean it up in light of the compelling family issue underlying all of this.

I'm cool with it either way and I won't make a big deal out of it, but if you switch him for one iteration of the snake, don't you have to do it for all of them? If not the overall balance is off right? Using me as an example since I'm closest:I pick #14, #23 then not again until #51He gets to pick #15, #22 and then again #45He should be after me then, not 6 picks before. So my opinion is switch him for all. But this is my last word on it, plus you've already ruled. Just wanted to get that out there.I'm having a blast with this. Edited by MrNique

I'm cool with it either way and I won't make a big deal out of it, but if you switch him for one iteration of the snake, don't you have to do it for all of them? If not the overall balance is off right? Using me as an example since I'm closest:I pick #14, #23 then not again until #51He gets to pick #15, #22 and then again #45He should be after me then, not 6 picks before. So my opinion is switch him for all.But this is my last word on it, plus you've already ruled. Just wanted to get that out there.I'm having a blast with this.

Actually he would have picked twice in between your 23 and 51 picks under normal circumstances anyway and then you'll pick twice in a row at 51 and 58 without him picking so it evens out.

• Moderators

I think you can look at a snake draft in 2 round cycles. In light of Dolfan's spreadsheet issue, it doesn't hurt my sense of fairness to do it just for 2 rounds because after 14 rounds of the draft everyone will have the same "point" total (absent someone missing their pick). Everyone will have 7 x 37 points = 259 points. (1+36 = 37; 2+35=37.....18+19=37).

Oooooo, that was close there.

Also hailing from the same school and draft as Boogie, with the 22nd pick of the 2013 Dynasty Draft the now official expansion Mace Caseadillas select John Wall, 6'4" 195lb G from UK.

Posted Image

Fresh off dominating the Pro/Am circuit during the lockout and making high schoolers everywhere regret challenging him, Johnathan Hildred Wall Jr. finally decided to focus on his NBA career and came on with a great yet truncated 3rd season. Though his season started late due to a left kneecap injury (just dawned on me that Blake has suffered a completely similar injury to the same knee) Wall returned with a bang. With per36 averages of 20.4points, 8.4assists, 4.4rebounds, 1.5steals and a career high 44% FG% and .52% TS%, Hildred led the listless Wizards to near a .500 record over the final 48 games of the season after a 5-28 preWall start and helped push the team to become one of the top defensive units in the league.

Also undergoing a personal rebranding by ditching the perma-ugly Reebok "Zigtechs" and moving up the corporate ladder to an endorsement deal with parent company Adidas, John boy's new signature "Crazy Quicks" have even inspired flava of the year rapper A$AP Rocky to perform a sonnet for my young up and comer.

Shall I compare thee to a summer draft dynasty?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUPp7jue2Ic

Much like his shoe, my team ain't fair. With Griffin flushing everything in sight and Mozgoving any who dare challenge, my team now has the perfect PG pushing the tempo at nearly every moment slashing through entire crowds and either laying the ball up himself or dropping off a crisp dime for Quake Griffin to register a 9.0 on the Richter scale (and on some contestant judges scorecards) with a devastating jam while also wrecking havoc with continuous defensive pressure and demoralizing chasedown blocks.

• Like 1

Turns out we were after different position Mace. I figured after taking Blake you might go small anyway.With the 23rd Pick, Mr Nique selects:JOAKIM NOAH, CENTERA perfect Center for today's NBA. Love his attitude and energy on both ends of the court. He gave 12 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks and 1 steal per game last year. We know he always brings it as far as rebounds/blocks go, but really blossomed into a strong passer this sash year. His 4 assists are matched only by Marc Gasol amongst Centers. The knock is health, having only played in 64 and 66 games the past two years, but for this Dynasty Draft, we're banking on a healthy stretch. PG SGSF - Paul GeorgePF C - Joakim NoahI'm PMing the next guy now.

Edited by MrNique
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Turns out we were after different position Mace. I figured after taking Blake you might go small anyway.With the "Number 21" Pick, Mr Nique selects:JOAKIM NOAH, CENTERA perfect Center for today's NBA. Love his attitude and energy on both ends of the court. He gave 12 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks and 1 steal per game last year. We know he always brings it as far as rebounds/blocks go, but really blossomed into a strong passer this sash year. His 4 assists are matched only by Marc Gasol amongst Centers. The knock is health, having only played in 64 and 66 games the past two years, but for this Dynasty Draft, we're banking on a healthy stretch.PGSGSF - Paul GeorgePFC - Joakim NoahI'm PMing the next guy now.

That IS the center I forgot about. Nice pick.

One Caveat: The clock does not run from 10pm-7am EST. So if team 5 makes a selection at 9pm then team 6 has until 2pm the next day (1 hour until 10pm then 7 hours after 7am.)

I'm up next, even though I didn't receive a PM from MrNique.

Since MrNique made his pick after 10 pm EST, I officially do not go on the clock until 7 am EST . . . which means that I have until 3 PM to make my selection

Lot's of directions to go in.

I'll be up for a while, so I'll either make my pick during the overnight, or during lunchtime tomorrow.

Thunderstorm approaching anyway. Need to get off of here.

One Caveat: The clock does not run from 10pm-7am EST. So if team 5 makes a selection at 9pm then team 6 has until 2pm the next day (1 hour until 10pm then 7 hours after 7am.)

I'm up next, even though I didn't receive a PM from MrNique.

Since MrNique made his pick after 10 pm EST, I officially do not go on the clock until 7 am EST . . . which means that I have until 3 PM to make my selection

Lot's of directions to go in.

I'll be up for a while, so I'll either make my pick during the overnight, or during lunchtime tomorrow.

Thunderstorm approaching anyway. Need to get off of here.

It would be nice if you didn't wait until lunchtime tomorrow as that could hold up a bunch of picks. I'm in several meetings tomorrow and almost all afternoon so if I come up too late then people will definitely be waiting.

One Caveat: The clock does not run from 10pm-7am EST. So if team 5 makes a selection at 9pm then team 6 has until 2pm the next day (1 hour until 10pm then 7 hours after 7am.) I'm up next, even though I didn't receive a PM from MrNique. Since MrNique made his pick after 10 pm EST, I officially do not go on the clock until 7 am EST . . . which means that I have until 3 PM to make my selection. Lot's of directions to go in. I'll be up for a while, so I'll either make my pick during the overnight, or during lunchtime tomorrow. Thunderstorm approaching anyway. Need to get off of here.

Northcyde, I believe capstone is next. I PMed him. You're after him. The numbers got a bit wonky with Mace moving up in the second round. Your "25" now.But I believe you are right in how that clock works. Edited by MrNique

North he'd, I believe capstone is next. I PMed him. You're after him. The numbers got a bit wonky with Mace moving up in the second round. Your "25" now.But I believe you are right in how that clock works.

Ah yes right you are, Cap is up next. I don't think that he's a night owl, so that probably means are done for the night. But yes that is how the clock works and Cap will be on at 7am EST and will have until 3pm EST to make his pick. If by some chance he makes a pick before then, North can go ahead and pick or wait until he's on the clock in the morning.

• Like 1